• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted screens and movies

Greg said:
The way I took it, they speak about the costumes and then say you'll eventually be able to control Elena, etc., almost saying that you work your way up to those costumes - an example being the first few costumes are random ass pirates, and the ones you eventually unlock are more of the main cast.

It is pretty clear.

You unlock points which you can spend on unlocking things. Different things "cost" different amounts of points. More points=more things you can unlock.

This isn't reinventing the wheel here.

damnit, its just too good. This is a day one without question. Well, one question, how the hell do I afford all these badass games coming? : (

Loudninja said:
You'll unlock the requisite concept art and making-of videos, of course, but you'll also go on to open up new costumes for Drake and his friends. You'll eventually even be able to play through the game with different characters, such as Elena and Sullivan, on subsequent play-throughs.

Well you cannot read

What part of "open up new costumes" is unclear there, dood? You clearly get to unlock BOTH.

And since cutscenes are real-time, these costumes will be in them...puffy panda suit and all.

onimusha_16.jpg

Loudninja said:
Wait, you thought I was saying, that you could not unlock new constumes

Are you done stealth editing yet?

Take your time...I'll respond when you settle on a way to ignore the fact that you said "It said Characters not costumes" if that'll help.

Ploid 3.0

Cool, the skill/discovery reward system is like the type Jak and daxter, Rachet and clank had. I like this kind. It motivates you to do stuff and actually give you something for it. Wish all ps3 games used this system. I wish this were the foundation for the home trophy system.

Loudninja

Pristine_Condition said:
Are you done stealth editing yet?

Take your time...I'll respond when you settle on a way to ignore the fact that you said "It said Characters not costumes" if that'll help.

Did you even read the post I responded to?He just said constumes when I metion just the Characters, I thought he was saying that those are constumes and not characters.

Greg

This might be the first single-player only title I buy for PS3 - I've held myself to Resistance, Motorstorm (
fuck you, piece of shit
), and Warhawk since launch, and I feel like a terrible gamer for renting everything.

I burned through every single player title in a weekend through rentals, but I don't think this game deserves that treatment (even though it will be beat in 2 days. :lol)

My idea for a bonus costume...

You unlock the ability to import your Home avatar into the game.

Make it happen Naughty Dog!

Mammothtank said:
My idea for a bonus costume...

You unlock the ability to import your Home avatar into the game.

Make it happen Naughty Dog!

That Onimusha pic gave me an idea;
Crash and Daxter suits.

It'll honestly be somewhat disappointing if they don't give Drake a bald space marine out fit as an unlockable considering they're going to have a "next gen" graphics mode.

One of his obvious (and I think I remember them saying it would be there) is the red sleeved T Shirt he had in the original trailer.

freethought said:
That Onimusha pic gave me an idea;
Crash and Daxter suits.

Unfortunatly I don't think they can do anything with the Crash character anymore unless they get permission from Universal, but a Crash & Daxter game would be hilarious.

SolidSnakex said:
It'll honestly be somewhat disappointing if they do give Drake a bald space marine out fit as an unlockable considering they're going to have a "next gen" graphics mode.

One of his obvious (and I think I remember them saying it would be there) is the red sleeved T Shirt he had in the original trailer.

No way, that's awesome. You can't have a complete next gen experience without a bald space marine.

Greg said:
This might be the first single-player only title I buy for PS3 - I've held myself to Resistance, Motorstorm (
fuck you, piece of shit
), and Warhawk since launch, and I feel like a terrible gamer for renting everything.

I burned through every single player title in a weekend through rentals, but I don't think this game deserves that treatment (even though it will be beat in 2 days. :lol)

I've bought a bunch of PSN titles. But of the Blu-ray ones, I've only owned Resistance (Love) Marvel Ultimate (Bought at launch, finished, and sold) Motorstorm (Love) Oblivion (Love) and Heavenly Sword (Love) and have rented everything else.

I've done the same with the 360. Been very selective, and rented the rest.

I don't see anything wrong with being super-selective in the first couple years of a console's life. It's smart. We all know the truly quality titles are few and far between at this point in a console's life, and will only get better later on. If you are like me, you look at some of the crap you bought early on for your past-gen consoles and you laugh (or cry) at the money you wasted. Also, at this point, you have to consider the fact that you are still absorbing the cost of your machine.

Having said that, you should reward good developers who make good games with your purchase. Uncharted looks like one of those titles for me.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
No way, that's awesome. You can't have a complete next gen experience without a bald space marine.

I mean't if they don't have it, they're obviously poking fun at those games and the general look of current gen games. So I really hope they design some cheesy looking oversized armor outfit for Drake to run around in.

eve241

I've just checked an old trailer and noticed one of the characters is voiced by Simon Templeman!!!Hurray!Simon + Amy (Hennig) = win.

Greg

Pristine_Condition said:
I don't see anything wrong with being super-selective in the first couple years of a console's life. It's smart. We all know the truly quality titles are few and far between at this point in a console's life, and will only get better later on. If you are like me, you look at some of the crap you bought early on for your past-gen consoles and you laugh (or cry) at the money you wasted. Also, at this point, you have to consider the fact that you are still absorbing the cost of your machine.
However, the way I'm selecting, I'll have about 10 titles by the time PS3's life is over. :lol

I look back at all my PS2 games, and holy shit, I bought so many. SOCOM II could've lasted me the entire lifespan of PS2 had it been out at launch, and the rest of the titles rarely got played through twice (MGS/Ratchet being the most notable exceptions). My old self would've purchased Oblivion, Madden, skate., NASCAR, Tiger, NHL, NBA2k, Heavenly Sword, and probably a few more. Instead, I have an idle PS3 during the weekdays, and an overheating PS3 on weekends, as I try to rush through the experience to save some cash. :lol

The sad thing is, despite enjoying single player experiences more than anything else, it's so much harder for me to justify that purchase over a solid multiplayer experience.

Chris_C

Endow said:
I've just checked an old trailer and noticed one of the characters is voiced by Simon Templeman!!!Hurray!Simon + Amy (Hennig) = win.

Awesome, they ought to get more of the Soul Reaver cast in there. I hope the behind the scenes stuff is as good as the amazing package that the final Soul Reaver game had (ie, not just driven by marketing, but a real look into the making of the game). The God of Warr II docs were great as well in that regard. Voice actor sessions, production work etc.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
The new pics look so damn clean and polished. You just wanna scream "Bull shots," unless you've seen the HD gameplay vids ;)

AAK

jakeellis01 said:
nope... no bosses
are bosses in the game confirmed... cos I wasn't expecting any

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F U NAUGHTY DOGGGG!!!!!

I still love you but common.... you guys made kick ass boss fights in the Jak series. Please impelement it for Uncharted 2.

exarkun

AAK said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F U NAUGHTY DOGGGG!!!!!

I still love you but common.... you guys made kick ass boss fights in the Jak series. Please impelement it for Uncharted 2.

Wouldn't boss fights kind of take us out of the experience? I mean all of a sudden a couple humans can take lots more bullets than normal or something it would be pretty odd.

Kittonwy

Banned
exarkun said:
Wouldn't boss fights kind of take us out of the experience? I mean all of a sudden a couple humans can take lots more bullets than normal or something it would be pretty odd.

Kraken... KRAKEN!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Loudninja

exarkun said:

Yeah lol, but he could have a bullet proof vest

karasu said:
There has to be bosses, right? WTF is a climax without boss?

There's obviously something big going on in the place Drake goes. As they mentioned on Gamespots On the Spot, you eventually start fighting against PMC's instead of pirates. And PMC's aren't going to be sent to a location unless there's something serious going on.

Dizzan

MINI Member
karasu said:
There has to be bosses, right? WTF is a climax without boss?

No.

Why?

You are fighting pirates and mercenaries the whole time. What sort of boss do you want??? A 20 foot Robot that shoots lasers out is ass and fireballs out his nose?

C'mon. An intense fight at the end of each level with a whole bunch of slightly advanced AI would be a great climax.

Loudninja

Dizzan said:
No.

Why?

You are fighting pirates and mercenarries the hole time. What sort of boss do you want??? A 20 foot Robot that shoots lasers out is arse and fireballs out his nose?

C'mon. An intense fight at the end of each level with a whole bunch of slightly advanced AI would be great.
I would like to fight a evil monkey

Kittonwy

Banned
Dizzan said:
No.

Why?

You are fighting pirates and mercenaries the whole time. What sort of boss do you want??? A 20 foot Robot that shoots lasers out is ass and fireballs out his nose?

C'mon. An intense fight at the end of each level with a whole bunch of slightly advanced AI would be a great climax.

KRAKEN!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom