• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted screens and movies

Dizzan

MINI Member
Loudninja
Separated at birth, reunited on Gaf
(Today, 01:28 PM)
Reply | Quote

FootNinja
Separated at birth, reunited on Gaf
(Today, 01:30 PM)
Reply | Quote

karasu

Dizzan said:
No.

Why?

You are fighting pirates and mercenaries the whole time. What sort of boss do you want??? A 20 foot Robot that shoots lasers out is ass and fireballs out his nose?

C'mon. An intense fight at the end of each level with a whole bunch of slightly advanced AI would be a great climax.

An exceptionally skilled pirate/merc. Is that too much to ask for? Why does a boss have to be large? And how would it be fun to shoot faceless henchman over and over again? That's like multiplayer games or some shite. They blow.

Dizzan said:
No.

Why?

You are fighting pirates and mercenaries the whole time. What sort of boss do you want??? A 20 foot Robot that shoots lasers out is ass and fireballs out his nose?

C'mon. An intense fight at the end of each level with a whole bunch of slightly advanced AI would be a great climax.

There's been a lot of speculation that there's going to be some sort of supernatural aspect to the game. Of course ND has let on about that actually happening, but if they do go down that ground we could expect some interesting enemies near the end of teh game.

Dizzan

MINI Member
SolidSnakex said:
There's been a lot of speculation that there's going to be some sort of supernatural aspect to the game. Of course ND has let on about that actually happening, but if they do go down that ground we could expect some interesting enemies near the end of teh game.
I really, really, really hope they don't go down that road. It would ruin it for me.

Z3F

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

What kind of supernatural? The kind of magic that is found in the Indiana Jones movies?

Omeyocan

Graphically speaking and to some extends I would tend to compare Uncharted to Crysis. But it is safe to assume that both games are amazingnly beautiful.

Jtrizzy

Dizzan said:
I really, really, really hope they don't go down that road. It would ruin it for me.

if you watch the e3 trailer you will hear Elana allude to "other mysteries on the island" or something to that effect.

Dizzan said:

It was just some random stuff people were throwing around after the Gamer's Day trailer. There's no real hard evidence anything like that will be in the game. I do think there's going to be some other types of enemies than just humans in the game though. They've been really quiet on the story in general for a reason.

SolidSnakex said:

I seriously am not going to buy the game if this is true.

This is the same kind of shit that ruined Far Cry.

James-Ape

show some balls, man
Isn't there a Nazi submarine in one of the videos? I hate to spoilt it for you guys but I think Robo-Hitler is the final boss.

SolidSnakex said:
It was just some random stuff people were throwing around after the Gamer's Day trailer. There's no real hard evidence anything like that will be in the game. I do think there's going to be some other types of enemies than just humans in the game though. They've been really quiet on the story in general for a reason.

I would love it. Having "Indiana Jones" adventures without something remotely mystical or supernatural (or I guess anything extraordinary) of legends of the natives and ruins seems like a missed chance.

DuckRacer

SolidSnakex said:
That would be... very interesting. Assuming it's done right.

AAK

Honestly, the game engine Naughty Dog created is just so robust and versatile that I can't help but feel that there is nothing but wasted potential without boss fights.

Kittonwy

Banned
AAK said:
Honestly, the game engine Naughty Dog created is just so robust and versatile that I can't help but feel that there is nothing but wasted potential without boss fights.

There have to be at least a couple of bosses since there's that old guy and the filipino pirate guy who was interrogating Drake about the treasure.
Indifferent2.gif

Yoboman

Dizzan said:
No.

Why?

This game was built for supernatural elements. If it doesn't have anything like that I'll be completely dissapointed

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Let's not forget, every game they made so far had boss battles. Hopefully they won't steer off that course now :p

Z3F said:
What kind of supernatural? The kind of magic that is found in the Indiana Jones movies?
That's what I'm hoping for. There's the concept that they keep bringing up, where things show up where they really have no place being. Spanish ruins on some tropical island, one of the concept art shows some weird statues in the catacombs, there's a WW2 submarine stuck on a waterfall on some hill on the island (far above the sea level) etc. There's also one concept art that shows someone surrounded with giant spiders (well maybe not *giant* in game vocabulary terms, they looked to be 0.5m in size maybe) and shooting at them.

Either they have something unexplainable and supernatural planned to reveal later on, or they are toying with us, and will offer a logical explanation for all that in the end.

Yoboman

Red Blaster said:
I seriously am not going to buy the game if this is true.

This is the same kind of shit that ruined Far Cry.

There's a difference between doing it tastefully and then doing it like Far Cry

Marconelly said:
Let's not forget, every game they made so far had boss battles. Hopefully they won't steer off that course now :p

That's what I'm hoping for. There's the concept that they keep bringing up, where things show up where they really have no place being. Spanish ruins on some tropical island, one of the concept art shows some weird statues in the catacombs, there's a WW2 submarine stuck on a waterfall on some hill on the island (far above the sea level) etc. There's also one concept art that shows someone surrounded with giant spiders (well maybe not *giant* in game vocabulary terms, they looked to be 0.5m in size maybe).

Either they have something unexplainable and supernatural planned to reveal later on, or they are toying with us, and will offer a logical explanation for all that in the end.
It's the bermuda triangle, that's plenty of explanation :D

Oh and link to the concept art with the spiders? I've never seen anything like that

Yoboman

Marconelly said:
I posted it in that locked thread. Found it in the first "behind the scenes' video:

2dvsznq.jpg
Interesting, that's a definite hint at something supernatural, not even the largest spiders are that big. And it looks tastefully done too. No trigens at least :lol

Giant 12 foot Queen Spider boss confirmed. That'd be worth it just to see Drake's reaction during the fight. They should give him a spider phobia too, just for hilarity

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I know this is probably the wrong place to ask but what program do you guys use to create the gifs, I have been trying a google search and all I get is instructions on how to do old school gifs. If anyone has some info on any program that can make any type of video to gif would be greatly appreciated.

deepbrown

AAK said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F U NAUGHTY DOGGGG!!!!!

I still love you but common.... you guys made kick ass boss fights in the Jak series. Please impelement it for Uncharted 2.

All the guy said was that there were no bosses in the first 3 chapters of 20 chapters, we are still in the dark. Calm down dear, it's only a commercial.

deepbrown

Marconelly said:

That's what I'm hoping for. There's the concept that they keep bringing up, where things show up where they really have no place being. Spanish ruins on some tropical island, one of the concept art shows some weird statues in the catacombs, there's a WW2 submarine stuck on a waterfall on some hill on the island (far above the sea level) etc. There's also one concept art that shows someone surrounded with giant spiders (well maybe not *giant* in game vocabulary terms, they looked to be 0.5m in size maybe) and shooting at them.

OMG you're right. There is a friggin WW2 submarine on a mountain. There's spanish buildings. There's weird puzzles made by unknown creatures. WOW I'm super excited, especially after seeing that giant spider pic. This game - is going to be IMMENSE. Lots of twists and turns, surprises and weird creatures. Ah loves it.

jakeellis01

AAK said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F U NAUGHTY DOGGGG!!!!!

I still love you but common.... you guys made kick ass boss fights in the Jak series. Please impelement it for Uncharted 2.

Its not confirmed whether there are or there aren't any bosses in the game. As i already said... i only played the first 3 chapters which is about 15% of the game. The game may have no bosses at all, maybe 4 bosses total (one every 5 chapters) or maybe only one at the end... but we still don't know for sure and I'm willing to wait and see what Naughty Dog has prepared for us.

Another thing which I forgot to mention, is the water element in the game. As Drake dives in the water, you can actually see him getting all wet incl. his hair & clothes. He also has the hiding in water trick, same as the wall hiding one, which I suppose is quite genius when being attacked although I barely had any attacks to try it out. As soon as the character gets out of the water, you can see all the clothing wet; all clothes are in a darker color dripping out water. Obviously after a while running around, the clothes and hair will eventually dry. I also tried the rope-wall-running trick which seems to work quite simple, effective and most of all... fun.

deepbrown

jakeellis01 said:
Its not confirmed whether there are or there aren't any bosses in the game. As i already said... i only played the first 3 chapters which is about 15% of the game. The game may have no bosses at all, maybe 4 bosses total (one every 5 chapters) or maybe only one at the end... but we still don't know for sure and I'm willing to wait and see what Naughty Dog has prepared for us.

Another thing which I forgot to mention, is the water element in the game. As Drake dives in the water, you can actually see him getting all wet incl. his hair & clothes. He also has the hiding in water trick, same as the wall hiding one, which I suppose is quite genius when being attacked although I barely had any attacks to try it out. As soon as the character gets out of the water, you can see all the clothing wet; all clothes are in a darker color dripping out water. Obviously after a while running around, the clothes and hair will eventually dry. I also tried the rope-wall-running trick which seems to work quite simple, effective and most of all... fun.

:D

neorej

ERMYGERD!
jakeellis01 said:

consider me happy

Yoboman

jakeellis01 said:

What happened in the water section?

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Elbrain said:
I know this is probably the wrong place to ask but what program do you guys use to create the gifs, I have been trying a google search and all I get is instructions on how to do old school gifs. If anyone has some info on any program that can make any type of video to gif would be greatly appreciated.
Seconded!

Elbrain said:

I use Jasc Animation Shop (for cutting them) and Gif Movie Gear (for the timing) to make my gifs.

Raist

Banned
Elbrain said:

Stoik Video Converter (can basically convert anything to avi, including flv), Virtual Dub for editing and AVD video processor to create the gif.

And of course a bit of photoshop when I want to miss around :p

Wollan

The Eurogamer video following the Indy one, Drake keeps talking to himself like it's an old point and click adventure. Severe flashbacks of awesome.

Edit: And HOLY SHIT at the video following that one. Graphics zomg!

Top Bottom