• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new V Jump scans (2007-12-20)

duckroll

WARNING. THERE ARE MASSIVE ENDGAME SPOILERS FOR BLUE DRAGON IN THE SECOND BD+ SCAN. IF YOU PLAN TO PLAY THE GAME BUT HAVE NOT, DO NOT CLICK!

WARNING. THERE ARE MASSIVE ENDGAME SPOILERS FOR BLUE DRAGON IN THE SECOND BD+ SCAN. IF YOU PLAN TO PLAY THE GAME BUT HAVE NOT, DO NOT CLICK!

In the Birth by Sleep scan, is that a character fighting a Heartless, and does that Heartless have some kind of an emblem on it? It ought to be a "natural" heartless without the emblem if I'm understanding the story correctly, but it looks like it's got one.

duckroll said:

never mind, i beat blue dragon on 360 :D

Cardon

Burstlimit looks nice from a visual standpoint so far but it may end up playing like ass. Are the previous developers of the DBZ games handling this one as well?

duckroll

harSon said:
Duckroll, in the bottom left corner of the 3rd scan, does it bring up a 360 sequel of Blue Dragon?

No, it's just comparing BD+ with the original. There's no mention of any sequel for the 360 as yet. BD+ is a direct sequel to BD, and features a continuation of the story with the same characters. If there -is- a BD2, this is probably going to be the game between the main games, like KHCoM was for KH -> KH2. It says in the next issue of V Jump there's going to be a huge blow out.

bryehn

Summon Knight 1&2 remake please. Atlus, translate this shit.

Also looking forward to Kingdom Hearts PSP. The DS version looks like a turn-based RPG, so that has me interested too.

Diablos54

Awesome as always, nice one Neo. :D

BD+ looks like BD: Revenent Wings. :lol And TOS is looking much better graphically from the looks of that shot.

bryehn said:
Summon Knight 1&2 remake please. Atlus, translate this shit.

Also looking forward to Kingdom Hearts PSP. The DS version looks like a turn-based RPG, so that has me interested too.

It... does? It looks to me like the same mash-happy gameplay that's been in all KH games so far.

bryehn

Pureauthor said:
It... does? It looks to me like the same mash-happy gameplay that's been in all KH games so far.

Yeah, on closer inspection it looks like you're right...the command menu threw me off I guess. Interest in DS version falling.

73fg9oh.jpg

Shouta

Well, well. Looks like they added Welch from SO3 into SO1 as a bit of fanservice. She's a lot sillier looking in that piece of art :lol

Dali

Dissidia is looking pretty badass.

Also looks like the new Dragon Ball is just Budokai on next gen. I guess when you've exhausted all ideas and whored a license that long the only thing left to is ignore what people ask for, then when they've given up asking for what they want, rehash and release it on a next-gen console. Look for Tenkaichi 4 in 2012 on X720/PS4 after fans have tired of asking for it for four years.

Majmun

The Kingdom Hearts games look nice, especially the PSP version.

FF Dissisia looks interesting also.

Colonel Mustard said:
It looks good?

It's Zeed. What do you expect?

But then, NeoGAF is pretty down on everything Symphonia. Maybe hate central...

Of course, without the bitching and whining and generally having hissy fits and meltdowns, it wouldn't be NeoGAF.

Nif

duckroll said:

Already clicked. =\ I haven't beaten the game yet, but I didn't exactly notice the spoiler either. Thanks for the heads up.

Zeed

Banned
Colonel Mustard said:
It looks good?
Here's the (relatively) short version:

Symphonia doesn't come close to being as good as Phantasia. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but by setting them both in the same universe they've fucked with my favorite game of all time. Now they're making a sequel to Symphonia, and it looks like it's set to totally fuck with Phantasia some more.

Tales died when Yoshiharu Gotanda left to make tri-Ace. They should let his game rest in peace.

Golden Darkness said:
But then, NeoGAF is pretty down on everything Symphonia. Maybe hate central...
A mediocre game has detractors! Hate central confirmed!

C.T.

I've never played a KH besides Chains of Memories, but did they reveal the names of those guys in the final mix secret ending trailer for the first time, or am I mistaken?

Zeed said:

Symphonia doesn't come close to being as good as Phantasia. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but by setting them both in the same universe they've fucked with my favorite game of all time. Now they're making a sequel to Symphonia, and it looks like it's set to totally fuck with Phantasia some more.

Tales died when Yoshiharu Gotanda left to make tri-Ace. They should let his game rest in peace.

Phantasia blows, man. If I'm going to play an RPG with an action-oriented battle system, I want that battle system to be tight--not the slow, plodding piece of crap that was Phantasia's battle system.

Firestorm

Zeed said:

Tales of Symphonia is better than Phantasia. The only thing Phantasia has over Symphonia is the nostalgia factor if you played it first.

ToS:R looks great. Much better than the initial screens, but that might be due to the size of these things. Second most anticipated Wii game right now =)

Colonel Mustard said:
Phantasia blows, man. If I'm going to play an RPG with an action-oriented battle system, I want that battle system to be tight--not the slow, plodding piece of crap that was Phantasia's battle system.

ex-fucking-actly.

Zeed

Banned
Colonel Mustard said:
the slow, plodding piece of crap that was Phantasia's battle system.
You clearly have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about. It sounds like you've been playing the GBA version, but that would make you an idiot so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just haven't played it at all.

Play the PSX or PSP version and get back to me, thanks.

Firestorm said:
Tales of Symphonia is better than Phantasia. The only thing Phantasia has over Symphonia is the nostalgia factor if you played it first.
Symphonia's characters blow and the plot is a mess, if you think Symphonia's got the edge in either of those categories you're clinically insane.

Zeed said:
Isn't ToD getting a full fledged 3D remake? I'll give it a shot when that comes out.
ToDr came out last November.

Also the Tales series got a LOT better after ToP/ToD.

Zeed said:
You clearly have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about. It sounds like you've been playing the GBA version, but that would make you an idiot so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just haven't played it at all.

No, the PSX and PSP version have awfully dated battle systems too, spell freezing is one of them. Compared to post-Destiny Tales games, they're also really slow. Then there's also the fact that only ONE character is actually fun to play as.

duckroll

Zeed said:

Okay, you know, I agree and all. But, why are you talking about how Namco should have killed the series after Gotanda left, and then go on to proclaim the greatness of the remake that Gotanda had NOTHING to do with? :)

Zeed said:
You clearly have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about. It sounds like you've been playing the GBA version, but that would make you an idiot so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I've played both the PS1 and SNES versions. Both have latency issues in the battle system. NEITHER versions are as tight as the newer Tales Of games. Symphonia improved the system, Abyss perfected it. (And Legendia made it blow again...)

Get off it, and stop being so god damned defensive about a video game.

Zeed

Banned
Magicpaint said:
ToDr came out last November.
Is it getting an NA release?

duckroll said:
But, why are you talking about how Namco should have killed the series after Gotanda left, and then go on to proclaim the greatness of the remake that Gotanda had NOTHING to do with? :)
I love Phantasia for the plot, which is intact in the SNES version. His complaints were all about the battle system, which is pitch perfect in the remakes - that's why I replied with that. Personally I don't care about the battle system unless it's the GBA version, which is pretty much unplayable.

Colonel Mustard said:
I've played both the PS1 and SNES versions. Both have latency issues in the battle system. NEITHER versions are as tight as the newer Tales Of games. Symphonia improved the system, Abyss perfected it. (And Legendia made it blow again...)
Again it's pretty clear that we're playing the games for different reasons. As long as the system is functional I don't give a shit. And I can't recall any latency issues in the PS1 version at all, mind giving an example?

Zeed said:

A mediocre game has detractors! Hate central confirmed!

You know, as fresh and amazing as Tales of Phantasia must have been when it first showed up, I actually much preferred Symphonia. Destiny was ok and Eternia was good, but Symphonia was the first in the series that really impressed me.

ant1532

Banned
OMG, is Burst the next gen version of Budokai??? (NOT Tenkaichi)

Please! Please be true.

Also, damn can SE push systems to their limits.

Wow, Firion looks fantastic. I have a feeling that I'm going to buy Dissidia regardless of how the word is on it. It's too much fanservice for me to overcome.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Wow, Firion looks fantastic. I have a feeling that I'm going to buy Dissidia regardless of how the word is on it. It's too much fanservice for me to overcome.

Maybe if it had Quina.

And Vivi.

Top Bottom