• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox Reveal | May 21 10am PDT - sponsored by Saxa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKayle

Banned
@Aaron Greenberg

i know that you reading this thread.... if this show will leave us disappointed...expect a twitter bombardment :D

Cow is going on foot :-

xboxtrainoutsidecow.png
And the cow has arrived.

Haha, thanks a lot. It still looks like I missed the train, but at least I'm there and can watch everybody ride away. :D

I gotcha ;P

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Someone needs to go sneak into the tent overnight and check what they got to get us some leaks. :|

On what note, where do they have it setup? Cali I'm guessing.

Yeah no security at all over there, so simple to steal the thunder away at night time...

This isn't a Sony rehearsal happening while a tour is taking place of the place at the same time and a guy hiding in the balconies writing all the info down, unleashing to the internets

antitrop

HipHopGamer's video about what he wants out of the press conference was very good, I enjoyed his enthusiasm and he made some very solid points. He also demonstrated respectable knowledge of the industry.

fuck EA at a console reveal.

It's either going to be normal play of sports titles where everyone complains how similar it is to this gen, or 10 minutes talking about how detailed they have been able to make Frank Ribery's scar, while a virtual Frank Ribery is in the background on screen, spinning on the spot and gurning.

Sorral

Yeah no security at all over there, so simple to steal the thunder away at night time...

This isn't a Sony rehearsal happening while a tour is taking place of the place at the same time and a guy hiding in the balconies writing all the info down, unleashing to the internets

I wasn't serious about the sneaking in thing. Just a joke on the tent part, but I guess that face wasn't enough.

Redmond, WA. Microsoft HQ.

Oh, interesting. I thought they would go for CA especially with E3 not being far off.

Bsigg12

Someone needs to go sneak into the tent overnight and check what they got to get us some leaks. :|

On what note, where do they have it setup? Cali I'm guessing.

Its on the Microsoft Redmond campus in Washington. Its part of the reason jack shit leaked because there are pretty much no outside parties involved in the reveal.

I wake up to no leaks? *SADPANDA*

No leaks, plenty of rumors though. I probably would have slept better last night if we had actual leaks.

It's either going to be normal play of sports titles where everyone complains how similar it is to this gen, or 10 minutes talking about how detailed they have been able to make Frank Ribery's scar, while a virtual Frank Ribery is in the background on screen, spinning on the spot and gurning.

Nah, they are there to demo the new Kinect Vitality Sensor. See, you were worrying for nothing.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I wasn't serious about the sneaking in thing. Just a joke on the tent part, but I guess that face wasn't enough.

Oh, interesting. I thought they would go for CA especially with E3 not being far off.

If it wasn't summer I'd be living 20 minutes away from the tent, on foot.

I'd have gotten the goods for ya.

MasLegio

Banned
So new Xbox will run Windows 8, allowing you to use Steam and Origin, and even install Office? If you have Xbox live you can play 720 games on your PC with Windows 8 (service pack)....?! According to some rumours on Technet...

that would be horrible and the new xbox would be pretty useless as a gameconsole (compared to PS4) if those rumors are right

which they are not

Did it? Weren't there two of those preconference?

Yeah, it definitely beat it quite easily by posts since the PS thread got to 20k only but its still behind by 800 000 views or so after counting both threads.

EA seems to be debuting their next gen endeavours here. Wonder if there's any kind of deal here?

EA was a big part of the PS3 reveal. I still remember the sweaty NBA-player demo.

Exactly, they are shit at providing entertaining demonstrations. Sports games are good, but they're good because you sit down and play them for weeks and notice the little details. Trying to force people to be impressed at how a players eyes follows the action is not good at a new console reveal.

Alchemy

EA was a big part of the PS3 reveal. I still remember the sweaty NBA-player demo.

I find it a little strange that EA would get any screen time for a major hardware reveal this generation. It is extremely obvious all their major releases with be multiplatform, its going to make everything they show have less impact.

Sean

Banned
Microsoft are pretty damn good. Patrick Garratt of VG247:

Fascinating how MS went from one of the leakiest companies to the most secretive. There's gotta be thousands of people involved in Durango (hardware, software/services, first and third party devs, etc) but barely a peep. I can only imagine how scary the NDA's these people had to sign are.

Hopefully Keighley asks about this in the post show interview(s).

@Aaron Greenberg

i know that you reading this thread.... if this show will leave us disappointed...expect a twitter bombardment :D
u know he probably is busy, and doesn't care what GAF thinks and if you want to tell him something maybe try contacting him on twitter or by séance.
I find it a little strange that EA would get any screen time for a major hardware reveal this generation. It is extremely obvious all their major releases with be multiplatform, its going to make everything they show have less impact.
We should really start calling this biplatform or triplatform.

Doffen

Microsoft probably got some sort of exclusive deal (no, not exclusive games) with EA. I'm thinking about services, DLC or random content. Maybe even an advertisement deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom