• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New York State Fair unveils it's glorious donut burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeN

zesty said:
The IN State Fair starts next week and they will be offering this:

show.jpg

It's a chicken breast with Cap'n Crunch breading served between two Eggo waffles.

And this:

show.jpg

Bacon cheeseburger with French toast breading (the French toast also has Cap'n Crunch on it).

And this:

show.jpg

A bacon cheeseburger with a regular bun, but topped with "Mexican ice cream" coated in corn flakes and cinnamon.

And, lastly, this:

show.jpg

Deep fried Klondike bar.

Holy shit, mad hype for IN state fair, wonder what booth I can find these masterpieces. Hope the weather cools down.

TylerD

Want want want! You can eat food that is bad for you and not die or have a heart attack with some simple moderation. Fair food day is a glorious day for TylerD. Go with a friend or two and try everything you want by splitting the food and the cost.

S.Dedalus

Speevy said:
There must be something I'm missing either about the size of a proper donut that I've never eaten before, or the contents of the burger itself. I'm 6 feet tall myself.

You're saying that a donut on the bottom, then another on the top is 7 feet tall (1 foot taller than me), but if you cut just one of those donuts in half and use the resulting halves as buns, it is a serving size. Is this one of those world record things? I fear I've missed something.

Just hyperbole. It wasn't really seven feet tall, just too tall for my comfort. I guess I have a small mouth or something. It was too much of a hassle that way. Much easier with just the one donut, and also not as sweet as the two-donut version, which helped with the taste combination a lot.

totowhoa

Banned
I fucking love donut burgers. They're also great with breaded chicken breast and cheese. The only restaurant you could by them at near me closed down recently, though. It's the ultimate time-to-sober-up food.

They're surprisingly delicious. Around here they were made with Krispy Kreme donuts.

AbsoluteZero said:
Okay I like the idea of eggo waffles as a bun actually. I'd try this with grilled chicken.

I used to make breakfast sandwiches with waffles as the bread and syrup as the condiment of choice every once and a while.

THere's a few places that have been making these around MA. A chain called "Muncheez Pizza" which is basically shitty pizza + stoner food (although their salads are pretty decent) has been selling this. Friend of mine got it who is super fit... and actually said it really works.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
S.Dedalus said:
No, that's the best way. At the NC State Fair, they used a whole donut for the top bun and a whole donut for the bottom bun. The resulting burger was about seven feet tall. Impossible to eat. One donut sliced is the way to go. But what they are doing wrong is not inverting the sliced donut. They should slice it, grill the insides, and have the ungrilled outsides of the donut become the insides of the bun. That way, you're not holding a mess of hot glaze in your hands, AND the glaze can mix with the burger, bacon, and cheese.

Mmmmmmm....

EDIT: Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDtMMKyuU0

Disagree.

I had to order two of these babies and tell the cook to give me a whole donut on the top and bottom, and due to that they just doubled up on the meat and cheese inside the thing as well. A delicious once in a lifetime meal. Hot donut glaze mixing with melting American cheese is a glorious thing.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
DrFunk said:
That's a Luther Burger, I made one in college 5 yrs ago

edit:

P3030009-1.jpg

Could we see your hand next to it for scale? That must be like a ten foot tall bottle of Dale's, holy shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom