• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King, Wendy's introduces new burgers: Flame Grilled Chicken; Black Bean Burger

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://burgerbusiness.com/all-day-breakfast-impacts-q3-ad-spending/

H9UpQM9.jpg

Burger King has added a true chicken burger (not a chicken breast sandwich) to its menu for a limited time. The Flame Grilled Chicken Burger spotlights the brand’s open-flame grills. Toppings are tomato, lettuce, mayo, ketchup, pickles and sliced white onion on a soft, toasted brioche bun.

Suggested price is $3.79, but it will be on Burger King’s popular “2 for $5” menu, along with the double-patty Big King, Big Fish Sandwich and Extra Long Cheeseburger.

As for Wendy's, this was in testing earlier in the year at a number of locaitons, looks like more of a formal rollout.

http://www.grubgrade.com/2015/12/21/new-black-bean-burger-from-wendys/

Participating Wendy’s locations are now offering a meatless option with the introduction of the new Black Bean Burger.

The Black Bean Burger patty features a custom blend of black beans, corn, roasted peppers and spices and is topped with natural Pepper Jack cheese, ranch, tomato, and spring mix on a 7-grain bun.

Nutrition info: 560 calories, 24 grams of fat, 6 grams of saturated fat, 70 grams of carbs, 880 milligrams of sodium, 12 grams of sugar, 7 grams of fiber, 19 grams of protein.

S4OaWj3.png

BK definitely got the best of this particular two-part offering.

Even in the carefully constructed shot, that Wendy's burger looks like barf on a bun :X

The Wall

Banned
I legitimately wonder how the black bean one will taste. The good vegetarian burgers I've had always had a heavy bean-based patty.. mmmm :9

Nice! I've been interested in trying the Wendy's Black Bean Burger; it has some of my favorite flavors and toppings in a burger. I hope I can get it in NJ.

I legitimately wonder how the black bean one will taste. I think the good vegetarian burgers I've had always had a heavy bean-based patty.. mmmm :9
This is very true.

Misha

Banned
I've had some really good black bean burgers. Sorta skeptical that it'll do well in fast food but I'll definitely try it

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I always feel a little awkward ordering Burger King's veggie burger, but it's one of the best things on their menu, honestly.

That's just the chicken whopper. They stopped selling them around 2005. Only difference is the bun, it used to be normal sesame seed buns

Soybean

The black bean burger's been getting good reviews and the patty itself is vegan (obviously vegans would omit the cheese).

Rootbeer

Banned
chicken burger... i will try you soon.

i'll probably skip the mayo though. fast food joints always overdo it with the mayo. they drown it in that shit. I can dig mayo but only in very controlled quantities. Anytime I order a Whooper I always go no mayo, the mustard on its own is good enough for me.

DJ_Lae

A good veggie burger really needs to have mushrooms in it.

And cheese.

I still prefer regular burgers but I love Costco's garden burgers. They're basically just feta cheese, random veggies and mushrooms and rice, I think.

3phemeral

If it's anything like the Black Bean Burger at Smash, I'm in.

Also, iirc, Burger King did a veggie black bean burger a long time ago - maybe a decade or so - and it was trash. So hoping for the best.

Nudull

Banned
If it's anything like the Black Bean Burger at Smash, I'm in.

Also, iirc, Burger King did a veggie black bean burger a long time ago - maybe a decade or so - and it was trash. So hoping for the best.

BK still has veggie burgers now, IIRC. They're not bad.

D-Pad

That promo shot for the bean burger looks far more appetizing than the "authentic" ones. Might try it, though I wonder how much it's going to cost. I can make a damn good one at home for real cheap.

coy

I'm a fan of black bean burgers so I'd give this a try, probably without the ranch. This reminds me that I gotta get a Frosty Tag for 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom