• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda U/NX artwork + E3 plans

chiimisu

About that new Link...

PQm1AAE5HbU.jpg

Meaning? What exactly has Miyamoto done in the Zelda series? In fact, what has Miyamoto done negatively at all lately? Star Fox controls? A lot of people like them. Sticker Star? He asked the team at Intelligent Systems if they themselves thought it was a good idea to focus on story. He didn't force them to do anything at all!

Do you have any idea what you're talking about or are you just trying to shit on people's excitement about this game?

Hey, calm down a bit. He/she is clearly trying to sound as negative as possible. This is still a kind of opinion (even being provocative). Just don't reply to the posts anymore.

Epona will transform into a jet ski.

On the other day, I was really thinking something like that. Like, as there are many mysterious tech stuff in Zelda U, would there be parts that Epona can use? When Link can use the special arrow, Epona can also equip some parts to speed up or walk on the surface of the water. Just pure speculation.

I mean a new updated map. That map was over a year and half ago. I want to see the full map design and the markings, etc. You know Nintendo dresses things up nicely and the map could have some nice changes in design and aesthetics.

Woah. I wonder if Epona will transform into an Audi car and fly too?
Nintendo would get sued by Mercedes.

God I want to see the map so bad! I hope they show the whole map of the game next week. Also, I want to see how you'll be able to travel through water? Will there be a boat or canoe? Maybe Link will walk on top of the water?

Well in Zelda 2 link had those water walking boots, and Link's Awakening had the flippers... I think bringing back either of those would be pretty cool and quite welcome. Maybe the flippers let him swim through water like the Zora transformation in Majora's Mask, or potentially even faster than that.

Edit:

Hey, calm down a bit. He/she is clearly trying to sound as negative as possible. This is still a kind of opinion (even being provocative). Just don't reply to the posts anymore.

Sorry, it was probably a bit harsh, I figured he was trying to be negative just to sound negative which gets annoying. I also don't like that "Miyamoto ruins everything" rhetoric being passed around since it spreads easily and some people probably just aren't aware of the facts behind it through no fault of their own. But you're right, it's best to ignore people when they're attempting to be inflammatory.

On the other day, I was really thinking something like that. Like, as there are many mysterious tech stuff in Zelda U, would there be parts that Epona can use? When Link can use the special arrow, Epona can also equip some parts to speed up or walk on the surface of the water. Just pure speculation.
Not sure but I have a feeling this game will be tech-heavy.
Not the complete focus but even a step beyond some of the things Skyard Sword did.

maxcriden

That's a fair concern I guess. I think dual screen stuff could be very cool if used like the lens of truth. Maybe Link looks through that book/tablet thing to see the past/future/dark world or something like that, and you need to hold up the gamepad to scan around you like that. I liked that in Zombi U.

Love this idea. :)

Lunar15

Everyone's saying that the blue outfit with a hood is the new "look", but I'd bet my house on the fact that this game will have different clothing to buy. You'll probably even be able to buy the original green tunic/cap combo. Blue outfit is likely the default starting look.

Everyone's saying that the blue outfit with a hood is the new "look", but I'd bet my house on the fact that this game will have different clothing to buy. You'll probably even be able to buy the original green tunic/cap combo. Blue outfit is likely the default starting look.
Better be a purple tunic.

Character customization would be the fucking shit, I'd be so into that.

I can't wait to see what this Zelda's big hook is. Open world, sure, but what's the dark world equivalent, so to say?

Maybe the dark world always exists on the gamepad.
Maybe you use a "phantom-brush" on the gamepad in order to wipe away the "darkness" at regular intervals in order to see the screen.

takriel

Character customization would be the fucking shit, I'd be so into that.

I can't wait to see what this Zelda's big hook is. Open world, sure, but what's the dark world equivalent, so to say?

There's a whole interconnected world under Hyrule, where all the dungeons are located and that can be accessed through multiple entrance points in Hyrule field.

Also, i hope that Zelda, assuming she is in the game (duh...), is not a damsel in distress. I'm now used to her being capable to manage situations by herself, OoT, WW, Hyrule Warriors and TP to an extent spoiled me.

And now for the unpopular opinion, keept character customization out of the game. Keep Link as a character, and give people the option to switch the roles of Zelda / Link, making Zelda the heroine of the game and Link the "dude in distress". Or let us play as Impa or a new female character. Sheikah warrior sounds nice, for example.

And then they will sell 50 of them

Exclusively at Nintendo world in New York
Nah, it sure would be available world-wide.*

*If you are lucky, constantly F5-ing Amazon and really manage to hit the 2 minute window of being available.

Effect

Link right handed

Motion controls confirmed

I hope so. I still feel and believe that's the best way to play Zelda. Playing Twilight Princes HD after messing around with Skyward Sword confirmed that for me. The old controls just feel so blah after Skyward Sword.

Love the majestic piece of artwork. The art isn't quite as striking as Skyward Sword's but it looks stunning nonetheless.

The artwork looks to be expertly drawn with anatomy, lighting and posing all perfect making it a point the 'unfinished' look is clearly intentional. I feel this carries the essence of the game design in Zelda U, presenting you with a well-built and solid world, but not every detail is laid out in front of you and you can explore and discover your own path filling in the details of the game step by step.

Remember when Aonuma said a few years ago about making this Zelda game without the idea of a player having to "play by themself"? I wonder if they'll unveil what they mean by that next week.

Maybe one player can be Epona while another player is Link?

Not sure but I have a feeling this game will be tech-heavy.
Not the complete focus but even a step beyond some of the things Skyard Sword did.

Yup. That glowing arrow, mechanical octorok and tech-like Sheikah symbol are all pointing to a tech-heavy Zelda. I like this direction it is heading. A clash of fantasy and sci-fi could result in a very special game provided that the handling is well. From what I see from Skyward Sword, I am very confident that the team can do well.

Love the majestic piece of artwork. The art isn't quite as striking as Skyward Sword's but it looks stunning nonetheless.

The artwork looks to be expertly drawn with anatomy, lighting and posing all perfect making it a point the 'unfinished' look is clearly intentional. I feel this carries the essence of the game design in Zelda U, presenting you with a well-built and solid world, but not every detail is laid out in front of you and you can explore and discover your own path filling in the details of the game step by step.

That's a good analysis. I've also noticed that this and the last art piece had that "painted" motif, sorta giving you that unfinished feeling. I wonder if the "painted" look will have some bearing on the story/focus/mechanics of the game, or if it's more like you said- it's a nod to a wide world full of mystery and hidden secrets.

Peltz

I can think of 2 possible reasons:

1. This game is so far into the future of the Zelda timeline that the legend of the Hero is more or less forgotten, perhaps he finds the tunic later in the game in some ancient ruins?

2. This game is actually treated as a reboot of the series, sorta like a re-imagining of Zelda 1. Maybe there is no green tunic at all?

I could see this game following Triforce Warriors lead... Or even Majora's Mask's lead by having multiple wearable outfits that give Link different attributes.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
There's a whole interconnected world under Hyrule, where all the dungeons are located and that can be accessed through multiple entrance points in Hyrule field.

I can see that. Maybe it's a mirror world, where the "down" of the real map is the "up" of the other one, sort of like the stupid hollow earth imagery.

I'm sure Nintendo will come up with something nice.

KingBroly

Banned
Yup. That glowing arrow, mechanical octorok and tech-like Sheikah symbol are all pointing to a tech-heavy Zelda. I like this direction it is heading. A clash of fantasy and sci-fi could result in a very special game provided that the handling is well. From what I see from Skyward Sword, I am very confident that the team can do well.
You are probably onto something going by the first trailer

I could see this game following Triforce Warriors lead... Or even Majora's Mask's lead by having multiple wearable outfits that give Link different attributes.

I think that's likely too. It will probably have more RPG equipment mechanics, if that giant sword from the 12 second teaser is anything to go by, so I would imagine lots of different sets of clothing and armor as well.

I can see that. Maybe it's a mirror world, where the "down" of the real map is the "up" of the other one, sort of like the stupid hollow earth imagery.

Actually that's a really cool idea, the inverted underworld sorta like Dante's Inferno. ALBW was fairly similar to that idea though it wasn't really an underground world, more like a mirror dimension. Either way, yeah I agree that I bet they'll have something really neat and compelling.

Not familiar with this news. Wasn't it only zelda?

It was likely originally only Zelda but last week Nintendo announced that they'd be showing other games in the stream, including Pokemon Sun & Moon and Go, #FE, DQVII and VIII, etc. Zelda will still be the only playable game as far as we know at this point.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night already did something like that.

Honestly, if it's a real open, explorable world with lots of secrets and random strangers hiding in caves under bushes telling you to take this because it's dangerous to go alone, i'm down.
Maybe the world is going to change during the game, as that enemy from the first showing looked like an ancient golem like thing, so maybe the world changes the more of this ancient stuff comes up.

Or we have an underworld, where you explore those ruins.

Top Bottom