• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda U/NX artwork + E3 plans

Btw everybody read this part.

June 15

Nintendo Treehouse: Live – Day 2: Starting at 10 a.m. PT, the Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming will showcase upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games, including Monster Hunter Generations from Capcom, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. The day will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A. Watch all of Nintendo’s action from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on...

There will be more than those Monster Hunter, DQVII and TMS on day 2. I expect to see Color Splash!

Regiruler

As usual, that is some beautiful promotional artwork.

But with regards to this:

What exactly does it mean for earning a "special bonus"? So far, they haven't exactly offered anything special on My Nintendo, so this is incredibly disconcerting.
If you read what you posted it's just a discount.

And even if it was something else the account is free, so why exactly would that be an issue?

Btw everybody read this part.

June 15

Nintendo Treehouse: Live – Day 2: Starting at 10 a.m. PT, the Nintendo Treehouse: Live programming will showcase upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games, including Monster Hunter Generations from Capcom, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. The day will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A. Watch all of Nintendo’s action from the E3 show floor via Nintendo’s channels on YouTube and Twitch, as well as on...

There will be more than those Monster Hunter, DQVII and TMS on day 2. I expect to see Color Splash!

pretty sure the same exact sentence is from last week, and it's kinda obvious with that 'including' word there

butman

Nice art. Not a fan of Ezio Link though. I need a version with this:

hat_1024x1024.jpg

pretty sure the same exact sentence is from last week, and it's kinda obvious with that 'including' word there
I know it's the same. I'm just pointing it out again. You still have people who think these will be the only games just like people thought Zelda was going to be the only game shown.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nintendo eShop sale: Starting at 11 a.m. PT until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 21, Nintendo is offering discounts on some of its most popular games as a special treat for fans. My Nintendo members who are signed in will also get a special bonus if they buy select games included in the sale. Anyone who hasn’t signed up for My Nintendo yet is encouraged to do so now to avoid the E3 rush. To get the extra discount, My Nintendo members must link their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Network ID and access Nintendo eShop on their device at least once before they make a purchase. The discounted games can be purchased in Nintendo eShop or at http://e3.nintendo.com. Details about the discounts can also be found at http://e3.nintendo.com.

NO...EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

spekkeh

Banned
Would hang on wall.

Yes Link looks even more like a girl here, but I'm sure that if it was a girl, she would have a short skirt, stockings, and odious cleavage. But they're definitely going into androgynous territory; either because they only have one option and want to create a gender neutral character both men and women can relate to, or because you can choose gender and they just want the artwork to be somewhere in the middle.

I don't see any logical point in rebooting a series when you can just separate a game from the others by centuries and effectively have free reign to give it whatever story you want

I fucking hope it's not a reboot.

They've been making it clear they want to set this game apart by turning typical Zelda conventions upside down, and from this image they're clearly trying to recapture the feeling of the original Zelda (manual art anyway):

Zelda-comparison.jpg

I doubt they'll do a full reboot, tossing out all the lore and timeline shenanigans, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this game is treated more like a starting point for the future of the series, akin to Zelda 1.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
On NoA's press site it appears you can get a 791 KB PNG file of the artwork (though not as a direct download), as opposed to the 436 KB JPEG. The PNG file does not have a transparent background however, so I don't think there's a greater point in posting it.

Whompa02

looks great! Hopefully my WiiU still works...probably all dusty since it's been in the closet since Smash Bros.

Rösti;206054017 said:
On NoA's press site it appears you can get a 791 KB PNG file of the artwork (though not as a direct download), as opposed to the 436 KB JPEG. The PNG file does not have a transparent background however, so I don't think there's a greater point in posting it.

i assume the image resolution is the same?

Mother 3.

Paper Mario Color Splash.

Both of those games need to be shown at E3. I will consider that a good E3 combined with the Zelda unveiling and Pokemon, etc.

Shaanyboi

Banned
This also cements that Link won't be wearing the classic green tunic as the default outfit, as it's instead just a hood.

They've shown the game a total of three times and now with this artwork, and have never shown the traditional outfit. When have they ever teased or revealed a Zelda game with just his pre-tunic outfit?

Frankly, I'm thankful for the change.

BRING ON THE NEW HOTNESS

the-legend-of-zelda-wii-u-link.jpg

They've been making it clear they want to set this game apart by turning typical Zelda conventions upside down, and from this image they're clearly trying to recapture the feeling of the original Zelda (manual art anyway):

Zelda-comparison.jpg

I doubt they'll do a full reboot, tossing out all the lore and timeline shenanigans, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this game is treated more like a starting point for the future of the series, akin to Zelda 1.

When Aonuma revealed it back at E3 2014 he showed Zelda 1 and said it was the inspiration for this game too. I hope that means really good hidden secrets too.

Nintendo, just announce Mother 3 and this crappy E3 will be forgiven.
I expect this to be announced.

Kouriozan

Nintendo eShop sale: Starting at 11 a.m. PT until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 21, Nintendo is offering discounts on some of its most popular games as a special treat for fans. My Nintendo members who are signed in will also get a special bonus if they buy select games included in the sale. Anyone who hasn’t signed up for My Nintendo yet is encouraged to do so now to avoid the E3 rush. To get the extra discount, My Nintendo members must link their Nintendo Account to their Nintendo Network ID and access Nintendo eShop on their device at least once before they make a purchase. The discounted games can be purchased in Nintendo eShop or at http://e3.nintendo.com. Details about the discounts can also be found at http://e3.nintendo.com.

NO...EEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Zelda demo confirmed :p

eXistor

I sure hope that new tunic isn't the new standard look. Not that it looks bad, but it's like giving Mario new clothes, it's too iconic to ditch.

/edit: it might be cool to find the classic tunic in a dungeon about halfway through the game, causing npc's to accept you as the hero of legend.

Mato

I become breathless, every time I read a thread title that has the words "New" and "Zelda U/NX". I see my life flash before my eyes and wonder how this piece of information is going to affect my future. I am going to have a heart attack when the game actually arrives.

takriel

I become breathless, every time I read a thread title that has the words "New" and "Zelda U/NX". I see my life flash before my eyes and wonder how this piece of information is going to affect my future. I am going to have a heart attack when the game actually arrives.

That was me 5 years before with Skyward Sword news lol.

Volotaire

I keep thinking what will be the basis for their E3 demo... really intrigued...

I imagine, like past Zelda E3 demos for TP, SS and ALBW, there will be 1 demo for the dungeon and 1 demo for the 'overworld'/ 1 demo for another activity.

ALBW had a demo for dungeon and field, TP had a demo for fishing and dungeon (I think 2005), and SS had a demo (in its 2nd appearance) for the boss, dungeon and Skyloft flying. The 1st appearance of SS only had 1 demo area which was an open dungeon in Faron Woods.

However, it could be radically different with a radically changed Zelda game.

maxcriden

nah, i made that same mistake as well, before realizing the time it ends (both a.m)

Makes me feel a bit better. Thank you :)

Imo, i can see them having Wiimote support like TP Wii had, but not to the max with gameplay resolving around it.

That, and of course gyro-aiming ala Splatoon.

I'm curious what you envision for this. For me I feel like as much as I adore Skyward's Wiimote implementation, it seems unlikely to me that Wiimote will be in at all for this except as an optional secondary control scheme at best, i.e. no functionality would rely on it, since Wiimotes don't come with the system and Nintendo had bad luck with requiring a pack-in for their last new console Zelda.

daakusedo

With the last artwork, there was no doubt it was a boy shown.
On this one, the big eyes make you wonder, but I'm not sure if it's on purpose or the bigger pupils are to show expression given the small size of Link in the picture.

Alienous

At this point I feel like there's a 50/50 shot the game is just called 'The Legend of Zelda'. They've only ever called it that, never hinted that they might reveal a longer name. It'd be crazy, but this is the company that released 'Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'.

I could see that.

Oh man. You are basically describing me.

Top Bottom