• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newcomer Dissidia fighter to be revealed on August 27

Ydelnae

Square Enix will be revealing yet another new fighter for Dissidia Final Fantasy’s arcade version on August 27 during the game’s tournament finals event in Japan. According to Famitsu, the character in particular has not yet appeared in previous installments of the series, and will launch along with new content titled “Battle of the Gods” featuring Cosmos and Chaos.

Read more at http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...arcade-character-to-be-revealed-on-august-27/

We have to remember that Tetsuya Nomura has said that he plans to share information about upcoming projects regarding the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy franchise and their anniversaries coming next year, starting at this event. The arcade exclusivity for Dissidia Final Fantasy ends later this year.

Edit: 2 new gods have been announced: Spiritias and Materias, designed by Tetsuya Nomura

Cq23FLeVMAA_XcT.jpg:large

Cq25JT8UAAEyC_j.jpg:large

Edit 2: Newcomer has been revealed: Ace from Final Fantasy Type-0

TDLink

Good, guess that means they aren't reverting to a reveal every two months and are keeping at least 1 a month. Extra excited that it's a brand new character so we aren't just guessing if it will be a veteran villain or veteran Duodecim character.

My money is on Noctis.

It's his time.

I believe they've said that Noctis wouldn't be added until after XV was released. The characters that they've announced so far have been added to the game within days of their announcement. Kain was the most recent character and he was added into the game three days after he was announced.

Pejo

Let's go Jecht! Nothing based on any of the evidence points to it, but he needs to make it in.

Let's go Jecht! Nothing based on any of the evidence points to it, but he needs to make it in.

According to Famitsu, the character in particular has not yet appeared in previous installments of the series

He'll probably show up, but this reveal isn't his unless they want to be big dumb smelly poo poo faced liars.

Ydelnae

My money is on Gaius from XIV, a random character from XIII or someone from the spin-offs. I don't think they will announce newcomers from other past titles until more veterans are back.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There's one event, voice actors Yukari Fukui, Junichi Suwabe, and Sumire Morohoshi are the guests. I can't read enough to tell if it's the same one, but it loooooks to be set for August 27 as well.

Fukui is Terra, Morohoshi is the various Moogles (and Marlene in Advent Children Complete).

Junichi Suwabe is the voice of Seymour.

Is it his time?

Probably. I meant Seymour have been considered for Dissidia but never made his debut in the franchise yet so I guess there is a chance for him.

Tyaren

Isn't it the villains' turn? Also a newcomer? Easy...

Final.Fantasy.Series.full.1098365.jpg

...since there are no real other fitting villains from the FFXIII saga.

Top Bottom