• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newcomer Dissidia fighter to be revealed on August 27

Ive been trying to contain the hype......it hard.

Aerith, Edward, Sora, Vivi or bust! Hell, bring on the Mystic Quest dude!

Personal impossible pick for 13 saga: Nabaat, she was obviously meant for more.....let her be meaningful in spin offs then!

3+ HOURS TO GO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMrmFT8sJno

My top 3 picks for the new reveal:
tumblr_mz6hchOQgO1qzzb9oo1_500.png

tumblr_md2l1nMAPb1rwgkc3o2_r5_500.gif
Yeah, we have a dragoon already,but she's better and we can have another "Paradigm character".
auron610.jpg

What the fuck was THAT

That remix was God awful.

what have they done

Please enjoy a better Remix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdMCKBd9rWo

SoulUnison

Banned
Noctis seems like a good guess, but they specifically kept Lightning out of Dissidia because they wanted XIII proper to be player's first exposure to her "fighting style."

With Seymour's VA attending the relevant event and Yuna not having a fitting "Chaos Counterpart" he seems like the best bet for a Newcomer character.

I'd expect a Noctis reveal to happen either simultaneously with XV's release, or somewhere down the road from there.

Jacobbles

Didn't they say they wanted to have 50 characters in this game? Or have they backtracked on that? Because it seems very unrealistic.

Golnei

the one from Mobius.

As much as I'd like to see the design translated into the game, I can't really see how he'd be differentiated in terms of moveset - the individual weapons are accounted for with other characters, the idea of a weapon/style switching character has been done multiple times over (Vaan, Cecil, Lightning etc.) and even the spot of mimic is taken. I think a costume of the Mobius warrior job for the Warrior of Light is about the most that can be expected.

Fighter from FF1 with Sword Chucks.

1c1.png

Your move, Square-Enix.

tumblr_obsm85f6KP1rjdagxo2_1280.jpg

Really hard to follow the action...

At first it seems like that, but after watching videos and studying the system for months (ive been hype about this game okay?), its not that hard to understand what is going on.

The UI still needs to be cleaned up a bit imo.

TDLink

Didn't they say they wanted to have 50 characters in this game? Or have they backtracked on that? Because it seems very unrealistic.

That's correct. They have said they want to bring back all of the Duodecim veterans (unclear if that means Feral Chaos too though) and have at least 50 characters total eventually.

All of the veterans, not counting Feral Chaos, brings us to 30 characters right there (though not all have been revealed for the new game yet). So far the only two announced newcomers are Ramza and Y'shtola, but a third one is apparently getting announced very shortly on this stream. So that would bring us, likely, to 33 characters.

I feel like 17 more on top of that is unlikely for console launch, but with post release support it seems like a reasonably attainable goal.

Top Bottom