• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newcomer Dissidia fighter to be revealed on August 27

Ydelnae

I think Yuna will be reworked to her X-2 self, now that the summon mechanic has changed from the original games. She'll either have the ability to choose from costumes/jobs or become a Shoot type character.

TDLink

I think Yuna will be reworked to her X-2 self, now that the summon mechanic has changed from the original games. She'll either have the ability to choose from costumes/jobs or remain a Shoot type character.

It's possible but I don't think that needs to happen just because of the new summon mechanic. Yuna's Aeons can stay the way they are without having an effect on the larger summon system.

We already have a gun character with Laguna and if someone like Balthier gets added then that's another. Losing Yuna as a summoner would mean...no summoner at all, and it's a pretty big "job" for the FF series.

Requote for New Page:

On top of that, previous character revealed was Kain who was also Speed type. So yeah unique is most likely. It's also almost certainly a veteran character.

So veteran and unique...

That is likely what?

Remaining veterans to be revealed are:

1. The Emperor
  2. Cloud of Darkness
  3. Golbez
  4. Exdeath
  5. Gilgamesh
  6. Sephiroth
  7. Tifa
  8. Ultimecia
  9. Laguna
  10. Kuja
  11. Jecht
  12. Yuna
  13. Prishe
  14. Gabranth

Cloud of Darkness, Yuna, and Gabranth seem most likely to be "Unique" to me.

jett

D-Member
Those are some dumb looking characters.

Nomura is so over the hill he's floating away into the stratosphere.

Enthus

I'm fine with Ace being added, even though King or Trey would be my preferred Type-0 representative.

Does anyone have a timeline for new character reveals so far? I feel like it has been quicker recently, but I'm not sure.

Ydelnae

Does anyone have a timeline for new character reveals so far? I feel like it has been quicker recently, but I'm not sure.

We've had Ramza gameplay reveal in February, Garland in April, Kefka in June, Kain in July and now Ace in August. We've been having monthly reveals since June, but the next reveal is scheduled for November. We'll get 2 characters max before the year ends.

TDLink

We've had Ramza gameplay reveal in February, Garland in April, Kefka in June, Kain in July and now Ace in August. We've been having monthly reveals since June, but the next reveal is scheduled for November. We'll get 2 characters max before the year ends.

November is the one year anniversary of the game launching in Arcades, so we might get more as a big update.

raven777

November is the one year anniversary of the game launching in Arcades, so we might get more as a big update.

would be nice to get big update but their roadmap for November just mentioned adding a new character and few other stuff instead of '1 year anniversary update!' or something. Still hoping for a surprise version up or something.

TDLink

would be nice to get big update but their roadmap for November just mentioned adding a new character and few other stuff instead of '1 year anniversary update!' or something. Still hoping for a surprise version up or something.

There will almost certainly be another update before November. Probably a stage or something. They don't tell us everything they have planned. That new update with alternate costumes and the FF14 stage was dropped out of nowhere.

Even if their next update in November is only announcing 1 character...they can announce one there and then later in the month around the actual anniversary drop some more.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
That's not what I'm talking about, this is the mobile Dissidia thing.

I'm speaking of this.

I forgot about this. It was announced 6 months ago. Hope this comes to consoles. Even if it doesn't come to the West, I'll import the shit out of it. Doubt it'll see any local arcades.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
On top of that, previous character revealed was Kain who was also Speed type. So yeah unique is most likely. It's also almost certainly a veteran character.

So veteran and unique...

That is likely what?

Remaining veterans to be revealed are:

1. The Emperor
  2. Cloud of Darkness
  3. Golbez
  4. Exdeath
  5. Gilgamesh
  6. Sephiroth
  7. Tifa
  8. Ultimecia
  9. Laguna
  10. Kuja
  11. Jecht
  12. Yuna
  13. Prishe
  14. Gabranth

Cloud of Darkness, Yuna, and Gabranth seem most likely to be "Unique" to me.

Yeah. if I recalled correctly, Cloud of Darkness isn't being worked on at the moment, and they said that she and Emperor weren't part of next 15 characters to being added to Arcade. And Gabranth's gimmick might be revised because Dissidia Arcade actually lack ex mode in their engine so I don't know what would happens to his gimmick and what he would get for ex skill.

So I guess that would leave down to Yuna or newcomers for now.

TDLink

Yeah. if I recalled correctly, Cloud of Darkness isn't being worked on at the moment, and they said that she and Emperor weren't part of next 15 characters to being added to Arcade. And Gabranth's gimmick might be revised because Dissidia Arcade actually lack ex mode in their engine so I don't know what would happens to his gimmick and what he would get for ex skill.

So I guess that would leave down to Yuna or newcomers for now.

When did they say that about Emperor and CoD?

And even if EX is removed, Gabranth could keep his gimmick. He could just have a unique bar he charges up.

And for the record, I am not sure how they are going to classify any of those 14 vets. One of the others could very easily be Unique as well.

When did they say that about Emperor and CoD?

And even if EX is removed, Gabranth could keep his gimmick. He could just have a unique bar he charges up.

And for the record, I am not sure how they are going to classify any of those 14 vets. One of the others could very easily be Unique as well.

They mentioned that stuff when they were teasing kefka.

TDLink

They mentioned that stuff when they were teasing kefka.

Well that was three characters ago then. So even if they weren't part of the next 15 then, they could still be part of the next 14 now. But it does make it very likely that Emperor and CoD won't be revealed any time soon.

Which is fine, I'd rather see most of the other vets first.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think Yuna will be reworked to her X-2 self, now that the summon mechanic has changed from the original games. She'll either have the ability to choose from costumes/jobs or become a Shoot type character.

She never really affected how summons work. In D012 her "summons" are actually more like extended attack range.

Top Bottom