• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newcomer Dissidia fighter to be revealed on August 27

TDLink

So late 2017 or beyond???

Not really surprising with how little info they've given out on KH3. I wouldn't be surprised if KH3 isn't out until fall 2018 given the current state of announcements.

Dissidia is clearly coming out next year at some point for console (at least). The big question is if they'll hold it until next fall/winter or if we'll see it earlier in the year.

raven777

So late 2017 or beyond???

Not really surprising with how little info they've given out on KH3. I wouldn't be surprised if KH3 isn't out until fall 2018 given the current state of announcements.

Dissidia is clearly coming out next year at some point for console (at least). The big question is if they'll hold it until next fall/winter or if we'll see it earlier in the year.

you guys do realize that KH3 releasing after Dissidia full roster is a joke, right?

TDLink

you guys do realize that KH3 releasing after Dissidia full roster is a joke, right?

How is it a joke?

They haven't had a new trailer for KH3 in over a year and the only thing they really showed us was gameplay in a Tangled world. They announced a Big Hero 6 world with concept art. After that they have shown pretty much nothing and barely talk about it.

The way they are talking about it, it shouldn't come as a surprise that KH3 is likely a 2018 game.

2017 games like this Dissidia and Nier 2 already have many more details.

Wazzy

Banned
Oh my god at Seifer, Raijin and Fuujin in that Dissidia mobile game. They look amazingggggggggg

As for those two god reveals they look awful. What the hell is Materia's wearing?

raven777

How is it a joke?

They haven't had a new trailer for KH3 in over a year and the only thing they really showed us was gameplay in a Tangled world. They announced a Big Hero 6 world with concept art. After that they have shown pretty much nothing and barely talk about it.

The way they are talking about it, it shouldn't come as a surprise that KH3 is likely a 2018 game.

2017 games like this Dissidia and Nier 2 already have many more details.

what I mean by joke is that they actually never said that.

And you do realize they will never get full roster for Dissidia by 2017, right? At this rate they won't reach the full roster by 2018 either.

Kid Heart

If Materia's dress was white instead of transparent I would really like the design. At the moment though she looks ridiculous. Also, Spiritas looks alright, although he reminds me a lot of Jecht. I wonder if that is on purpose.

I'm also kind of glad Ace is in the game as it at least shows Dissidia is open to more then just the mainline games and Tactics. I'm hoping this means we will get some Crystal Chronicles representation at some point.

TDLink

what I mean by joke is that they actually never said that.

And you do realize they will never get full roster for Dissidia by 2017, right? At this rate they won't reach the full roster by 2018 either.

Not really true. The current reveal pace doesn't mean anything. At any time they can drop multiple character reveals. Including when the game releases on console, which isn't abnormal for arcade to console releases anyways. Then if the "console characters" don't get dumped on the arcade version simultaneously, they just come out for that version later.

Any words on return of Ex-bursts?

Yeah, I know, I know, I should let it go. but I am just too spoiled by the games I played to possibly enjoy a game of this type, without a big epic cinematic finishing move of sorts.

raven777

Not really true. The current reveal pace doesn't mean anything. At any time they can drop multiple character reveals. Including when the game releases on console, which isn't abnormal for arcade to console releases anyways. Then if the "console characters" don't get dumped on the arcade version simultaneously, they just come out for that version later.

Of course they could change the pace of adding characters in the future. I could see multiple characters being added when the console version hits. But having the 50+ roster the talked about during the reveal being realized by 2017? I highly doubt it.

mcz117chief

Any words on return of Ex-bursts?

Yeah, I know, I know, I should let it go. but I am just too spoiled by the games I played to possibly enjoy a game of this type, without a big epic cinematic finishing move of sorts.

Wait, there are no ex-bursts? That's a bummer. Sephiroth's and Kain's are absolutely amazing in 012.

TDLink

Of course they could change the pace of adding characters in the future. I could see multiple characters being added when the console version hits. But having the 50+ roster the talked about during the reveal being realized by 2017? I highly doubt it.

Well yeah I don't expect 50 characters at console launch either, but that number was always something that they said they wanted "eventually", ie post release. I think it's pretty realistic we'll have all 30 Duodecim Vets plus a handful of newcomers for console launch. If I had to guess probably ~36 characters. Then they can do the others as DLC later on.

I don't really think it's out of the realm of possibility though that all of the DLC characters (however many there are) come out before Fall 2018/when KH3 probably is released.

HeelPower

clean version

Spiritas
Cq3HA0HVUAAk6dF.jpg:large

Materia
Cq3HBeTVUAAKDBW.jpg:large

God I love these.

I just hope they look good as character models.

Golnei

I honestly don't mind Ace as an addition too much - the cards make him interesting enough from a visual standpoint, and while he's certainly generic, there's plenty of worse characters that stood a chance to get in. The new gods just seem kind of unnecessary - Materia's wardrobe has been covered already (the cluttered tackiness is especially unfortunate coming after Cosmos' simple but striking look), and Spiritas trades in Chaos' iconic design for a less interesting Jecht retread. Even if it is a reboot, I don't see why they couldn't have just used redesigned versions of Cosmos and Chaos; these designs look like they belong in FFX-3.

Mariip

I was expecting ace in this game since type-0 did pretty well on psp launch, he has an interesting design too, and cards are awesome,as long as machina is out, i'm happy with this, i'm surprised they added him after Ramza, actually...

The other villains are taking too long to show up, considering 012 cast is confirmed(they are,right?)

The new gods look like nomura has run out of ideas tho...

TDLink

I was expecting ace in this game since type-0 did pretty well on psp launch, he has an interesting design too, and cards are awesome,as long as machina is out, i'm happy with this, i'm surprised they added him after Ramza, actually...

The other villains are taking too long to show up, considering 012 cast is confirmed(they are,right?)

The new gods look like nomura has run out of ideas tho...

They haven't all been officially revealed/announced for the new game yet, but they've stated a few times they intend to bring all of the Duodecim vets back. So it's really just a matter of waiting for them to implement them all.

Mariip

They haven't all been officially revealed/announced for the new game yet, but they've stated a few times they intend to bring all of the Duodecim vets back. So it's really just a matter of waiting for them to implement them all.
Hope the evil god showing up is a sign for an expansion, i don't see this game coming to ps4 until the old roster is up :/

PK Gaming

Alt costumes will save Materia.

Because I mean cmon, her design is a mess. Her tiny little crown makes it look like she's wearing an anime idol hat. Not!Jecht is horribly boring as well.

No comment on Ace. Haven't played Type 0, but cards are rad as hell.

TDLink

Hope the evil god showing up is a sign for an expansion, i don't see this game coming to ps4 until the old roster is up :/

Well Garland and Kefka have already been revealed. I expect the next few reveals to be more villains.

Ferr986

Alt costumes will save Materia.

Because I mean cmon, her design is a mess. Her tiny little crown makes it look like she's wearing an anime idol hat. Not!Jecht is horribly boring as well.

No comment on Ace. Haven't played Type 0, but cards are rad as hell.

crown? it's a friggin flower pot.

Pics_nao

Ace? Of all the characters in Type-0 they choose the second lamest? Should've been my boy Jack or Eight. Or Seven and Queen.

Ace wouldn't have been my pick but from type 0 it makes sense. Offers of the more unique gameplay from that cast and is identifiable as the main character.

Dy_Cy

Ace? Of all the characters in Type-0 they choose the second lamest? Should've been my boy Jack or Eight. Or Seven and Queen.

How is Eight not the lamest in a game where Tifa will probably be playable at some point?

Plus Cater was the best.

SE guy: Lord Nomura, we need a new design for Dissidia?

Nomura: Another one? I'm busy with 2 new games! Next they tell me that I can't take 10 years to develop a game! How can I deliver timely games if they kept bothering with this crap!! Wait outside give me 5 minutes.

*after 5 minutes he gives a napkin with a Materia sketch to the poor SE guy*

SE guy: So...she dosn't have clothes?

Nomura: No, I used design of the napkin as her clothes, aren't I genius?

SE guy: so the dress, is just a buch of...squares with...clogs or whatever this is?

Nomura: Exactly, squares as the old Square...damn I miss those days...now leave.

SE guy: (Now, how I do explain this?)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Next character is more likely to going to be an unique type character.

Heavy
  • Warrior of Light
  • Garland
  • Firion
  • Cecil
  • Cloud

Speed
  • Kain
  • Squall
  • Zidane
  • Tidus
  • Lightning

Shoot
  • Terra
  • Kefka
  • Shantotto
  • Y'shtola
  • Ace

Unique
  • Onion Knight
  • Bartz
  • Vaan
  • Ramza

LuuKyK

Next character is more likely to going to be a speed type character.

Heavy
  • Warrior of Light
  • Garland
  • Firion
  • Cecil
  • Cloud

Speed
  • Kain
  • Squall
  • Zidane
  • Tidus

Shoot
  • Terra
  • Kefka
  • Shantotto
  • Y'shtola
  • Ace

Unique
  • Onion Knight
  • Bartz
  • Vaan
  • Lightning
  • Ramza

Gotta be Tifa... right?

TDLink

On top of that, previous character revealed was Kain who was also Speed type. So yeah unique is most likely. It's also almost certainly a veteran character.

So veteran and unique...

That is likely what?

Remaining veterans to be revealed are:

1. The Emperor
  2. Cloud of Darkness
  3. Golbez
  4. Exdeath
  5. Gilgamesh
  6. Sephiroth
  7. Tifa
  8. Ultimecia
  9. Laguna
  10. Kuja
  11. Jecht
  12. Yuna
  13. Prishe
  14. Gabranth

Cloud of Darkness, Yuna, and Gabranth seem most likely to be "Unique" to me.

Top Bottom