• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Gundam series being teased? G-Tekketsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
SX0aHEf.jpg

http://g-tekketsu.com/

http://www.gundam.info/topic/13421

After the glorious clusterfuck that was G-Reco, my body is ready for some serious Gundamu. Can't hold back the hype!

K3eTdKy.gif

Drop a colony if old.

EDIT:

q64Y1nE.jpg

Gundam Eva face.

lonely

I love it when we get non traditional looking lead Gundams. Even if the silhouette reminds me of the mechs from Captain Earth.

yami4ct

Silhouette is really promising. Really hope we can get a main suit that's a bulky, artillery, heavy weapons types. I'm fine with slight, close range suits, but we've had way too many in a row.

I'm ready. I need something new.

Whatever happened to the GBF/GBFT OVA's?

Probably still coming. Bandai/Sunrise tends to announce OVAs way before they're actually ready to make them. The Origin was announced along side AGE and just started this year.

Frog-fu

Banned
After dropping G no Reconguista, which I gave more chances than probably any other anime out there, I can't say I'm particularly excited for this. Will keep expectations low.

yami4ct

If this isn't a new G-Gundam-like series I'll be disappointed!

I don't expect we'll see a light-hearted, Super Robot G style show any time soon. I fully expect a pretty serious SEED or 00 alternate timeline tone. I'm OK being wrong, but I don't see Sunrise dropping that formula any time soon.

All they need to do is sell me on some gunpla. Where are my MG g-reco kits?

They'll definitely do a MG G-Self this year. I would expect an announcement this summer for a Fall/Winter release. Don't expect them to do MGs of any other suits, though. The HG line didn't do well enough for them to really do a big G-Reco MG push.

Blader

Reconguista was an impressive new level of terrible, and the first Origin OVA was okay-ish, so hopefully whatever this is can right the ship a little bit.

duckroll

I don't expect we'll see a light-hearted, Super Robot G style show any time soon. I fully expect a pretty serious SEED or 00 alternate timeline tone. I'm OK being wrong, but I don't see Sunrise dropping that formula any time soon.

I don't need it to be light hearted. I just want something that's more over the top, super robot, with wacky designs. G-Reco would have fit that bill pretty well, except, well, it was G-Reco I guess! A Gundam series which is more like Marzinger or Jeeg would be fine by me even if it's heavily into serious military stuff!

yami4ct

I don't need it to be light hearted. I just want something that's more over the top, super robot, with wacky designs. G-Reco would have fit that bill pretty well, except, well, it was G-Reco I guess! A Gundam series which is more like Marzinger or Jeeg would be fine by me even if it's heavily into serious military stuff!

That could happen. Given the silhouette, I could see them mix Captain Earth style insane and crazy Mech designs with a typical Gundam war story. I'd be game for that, as long as they can get those designs to work well in model form.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I haven't watched a single ep of G-Reco yet, but bring it on.

A G-Gundam type series would be cool. That image however, makes me feel like this is gonna be a return to the darker Gundam styles. G-Reco was a mess and I doubt after that and Age that they'll be aiming towards a light-hearted series anytime soon. It's likely the next series will be more grounded in setting and mature in tone.

Kuro

A G-Gundam type series would be cool. That image however, makes me feel like this is gonna be a return to the darker Gundam styles. G-Reco was a mess and I doubt after that and Age that they'll be aiming towards a light-hearted series anytime soon. It's likely the next series will be more grounded in setting and mature in tone.

I don't know about you but that image reminds me of the dark/devil gundam

Kuro

But Origin and Akito are still in production, while G-Reco and Build Fighters ended some time back. This means the 2D mech animators are the ones who are free to work on a new project!

But with CG, you can draw 3 times faster!

yami4ct

I just want something that lets me really nerd out about the mechanical history. The Origin scratches that itch, but the last main show to really do that well was 00.

tuffy

Imagawa needs more work; I don't think he's been busy since Mazinger Z: the Impact a few years back, so he'd have plenty of time for a new G Gundam style show.

I don't think that's going to happen this time, though.

A tv series? That's pretty much impossible ):

Yeah I know. Unicorn as a short mini-series had the benefit of a higher budget per episode, months of production and work on them, and releasing over several years.

If anything, I'd like them to go back to that art style. The Unicorn character designs were so distinct and different from most anime designs.

GundamUC07-2014-05-21-12h05m53s253.png

yami4ct

Reconguista was that bad huh? I only watched like 3 episodes.

It was just OK. Some good combat and Tomino being Tomino. It didn't help that the English subtitles could've used at least another editing pass to phrase things better, but you certainly can't blame everything on that. I would say it's a middle of the pack Tomino Gundam overall.

Looks too bulky. I also dont see any laser beam swords or wings, so its not looking good.

I hope they brought back the gAge designer or at least seed or wing designer.

They were the last ones with all around good designs. G reco has good characters and action (at least of the 11 episodes I saw), but the gundam designs are bleagh.

charsace

Yeah I know. Unicorn as a short mini-series had the benefit of a higher budget per episode, months of production and work on them, and releasing over several years.

If anything, I'd like them to go back to that art style. The Unicorn character designs were so distinct and different from most anime designs.

GundamUC07-2014-05-21-12h05m53s253.png
I would love for them to go back to pre-90's inspired designs too.

daveo42

Banned
Hopefully this will be better than the last few. Reco was okay, but the story felt too "chopped off at the knees" for me. Plus they went kind of overboard with the number of individual groups and factions all looking for control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom