• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (G-Tekketsu) |OT| The Iron Flower We Saw That Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I actually quite enjoyed Chocoman's rise to power despite his reprehensible actions and even ignoring tragedy of that scene with almaria there was still something highly disturbing about it, probably his hand placement. I think he really is a paedophile. Still galigali's lamentations were almost Vivi's "Crocodiiillle" tier.

Mika beating Ein was went about as well as I could reasonable expect. No bullshit out of nowhere Gundam system, and there were sacrifice's for his power up. Most egregious was fact almost no one died which really added nothing and gave an unrealistic feel good aspect to all. Overall an alright finale, could have been much worse.

Taruranto

gali gali will be back as mysterious masked character, mister kishido

What if...

I1LtWs4.gif

Chariot

Not sure how I feel about Lafter surviving unharmed.

On one hand I am glad she survived, on the other hand it cheapened the impact of last episode a lot. I actually wish more people of importance died.

Ein sucked.

massoluk

Banned
McGillis sama. I fucking love this guy. I hope he stays around and never becomes the real big bad in season 2.

I mean, I don't want to become his friends (seeing how they ended up), but I'll have him as my President.

No one actually died in the penultimate episode except obvious jobbers
, lol.

Overall decent ending and back in a form Gundam show but really didn't like
that pretty much everyone who ''died'' in last weeks episode actually survived.
It kinda made episode 24 retroactively worse.

Sonicbug

They turned telling
Cookie and Cracker about Biscuits death
into a joke. Ice cold.

I'm gonna poor one out for
Gaelio. I knew he wasn't long for this world, but I didn't expect him to get done in so coldly by his own best friend when the series started.
Brutal.

SoCoRoBo

Can't really understand why people were down on this, I thought it was great, although it was my first Gundam. I loved how relatively grounded the series was, the political element really elevated it for me. That and Mikazuki.

Are other Gundam series as good or better than this? Where's a good place to start?

I never really cared about McGillis and his whole business, but today I think he redeemed himself a bit. He's a cool character in my book now.

I really wanted to see how Naze responed to half of his harem getting taken out, but it seems we're not going to see it, don't really know how I feel about that. I wonder what his role will be in the second season. I was expecting some sort of clash today, but maybe we'll see it in another form next time.

Good anime all things considered, excited for the conclusion in Fall.

Can't really understand why people were down on this, I thought it was great, although it was my first Gundam. I loved how relatively grounded the series was, the political element really elevated it for me. That and Mikazuki.

Are other Gundam series as good or better than this? Where's a good place to start?

season 1 of Gundam 00 is really good imo, too bad the story direction they took for season 2 and movies is not what I hope for.

in a way, I like Gundam 00 better than IBO because there are way more faction and characters involved so there's more subplot to follow that make for a very engaging show, the downside is, with so many characters, some of them really got sidelined or worse.

RangerBAD

So we're getting a time skip because where can they go after this? We may not even have Mikazuki as the protagonist. I'm glad no one died. I thought Orga was going to run into the battle and get killed.

The series was great. It was to me a pretty successful Gundam that tried something different (for the most part). There were some usual tropes and the political side of things wasn't very interesting. Character development and making people actually anticipate mecha appearances really works well together here.

Totakeke

It was a solid end with choco's motivation clarified, wouldn't mind if the series just ended here. Not sure where they're going with Mika's disabilities though.

Jarmel

Banned
I started laughing so hard when they showed McGillis with his hand on the sister's ass.

Magnificent. Absolutely magnificent.

Tecl0n

Ein, YOU FUCKING JOBBER. Jesus christ.

So with the blocks upping their own armaments does Gjallahorn become a fringe faction? McGillis for world domination?

Andrew J.

Episode 25 END

Damn, McGillis is ice cold. At least when Char manipulated his own comrades to their deaths it was people he hated. Wonder what the hell is in his backstory to justify all this.

I knew Azee and Lafter would be fine, you worryworts.

Atra staying committed to her harem plan, it seems.

All things considered, pretty satisfying ending. I had a few issues with the middling arcs and character treatment/development in general, and that fucking cop-out with absolutely zero relevant deaths from this fight and the only seemingly threatening antagonist ending up just being another jobber, but I did end up enjoying it.

I hope S2 is an improvement.

Chariot

Episode 25 END

Damn, McGillis is ice cold. At least when Char manipulated his own comrades to their deaths it was people he hated. Wonder what the hell is in his backstory to justify all this.

I knew Azee and Lafter would be fine, you worryworts.

Atra staying committed to her harem plan, it seems.
McGillis just looks like a straight-up psychopath to me who doesn't connect to people. No further justificatiom needed.

Luigi87

McGillis out-Char'd Char in terms of backstabbing. Sure Char killed off the Zabi family one by one, but the way McGillis is going as far as to still marry Gaelio's sister...

Gaelio, man I feel bad for the guy. He wasn't perfect, but damn he was a pretty noble and good dude. He wasn't even upset that McGillis betrayed Gjallarhorn, but that he used Carta, Ein, and himself to further his goals... Gaelio's failing was that he actually liked Ein as a person.

... Fuck Ein. Seriously.

Also that reveal of Mika's bleeding eye was pretty awesome.

And hey, Shino, Azee, and Lafter all lived!

Really looking forward to what season 2's changes bring. Hopefully it isn't a Gundam 00 s2 type change/season.

Also a part of me was thinking at the very end there "What if Orga got sniped by a random shooter right here."

Ein fucking sucks.

Dude managed to be less effective than Jerid of all people.

That's true.
I mean at least Kamille knew who the hell Jerid was.
Mika had no idea who Ein was (aside from that he worked for Crank), and just didn't want to listen to Ein's bullshit.
Mika's "Shut up." when he killed him was exactly what I hoped he would say.

Ein was my last fucking hope for a direct antagonist that actually accomplishes anything in IBO, but no, it has to end up that Tekkadan faced literally nothing but jobbers the entire season.

Totakeke

Ein was my last fucking hope for a direct antagonist that actually accomplishes anything in IBO, but no, it has to end up that Tekkadan faced literally nothing but jobbers the entire season.

Other than constantly spewing nonsense what would he actually accomplish even if he did manage kill people?

Ein was a jobber all along, and thank god he's dead. If season 2 had him as the main antagonist it would be awful.

Shun

Gaelio and Ein is not dead because they are not greyed out. No one died in the finale.

Season 2 spoiler

Season 2 is also time skip where McGillis is choco lolicon marry Gaelio sister and Gaelio come back for revenge and defeat lolicon and Mika the violent gorilla.

CeiwdkWW4AAiizP.jpg

Cei2CO9WQAA_b6L.jpg

Luigi87

Gaelio and Ein is not dead because they are not greyed out. No one died in the finale.

Season 2 spoiler

Season 2 is also time skip where McGillis is choco lolicon marry Gaelio sister and Gaelio come back for revenge and defeat lolicon and Mika the violent gorilla.

[.IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeiwdkWW4AAiizP.jpg[/IMG]
[.IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cei2CO9WQAA_b6L.jpg[/IMG]

Shit, I completely forgot... That's another Char-ism McGillis has going for him.

Shun

Enjoy these final G Tekketsu art.

Season 2 will come by soon. You Mika and McGillis sympathizers will learn. They will suffer and stand trial for their crimes.

All you who glorify their violence and worship them as false idols.

Gaelio is true hero. He is alive. Like Kira Yamato.

CeimD-GWIAA6tnb.jpg

CeiyGKWXEAAwDSq.jpg

Cei7yHkWsAQwPuY.jpg

McGillis' plan actually made sense!

It's a shame the show copped out with the deaths in the past two episodes, pretty everyone lived other than Ein.

Other than constantly spewing nonsense what would he actually accomplish even if he did manage kill people?

Ein was a jobber all along, and thank god he's dead. If season 2 had him as the main antagonist it would be awful.

His only goal was to kill some orphans, so that in itself would be an accomplishment for him. Ein's goals were always a joke, but, as a character, his only relevance was whether or not he managed to end up as a legitimate threat, as a way to validate Tekkadan's struggle.

The whole speech Orga made about them having to die to achieve their goals loses weight when hardly anyone, aside from some nameless nobodies, dies. When he finally cries out for them to live, they're not even heavily injured or anything! Just kicking back and relaxing with some light wounds.

Luigi87

Enjoy these final G Tekketsu art.

Season 2 will come by soon. You Mika and McGillis sympathizers will learn. They will suffer and stand trial for their crimes.

All you who glorify their violence and worship them as false idols.

Gaelio is true hero. He is alive. Like Kira Yamato.

Wouldn't that make him a Mu?

So, anyone think season 2 will be a big enough timeskip that many of Tekkadan will no longer be kids?

I hope not, Eugene and Shino would be all olde if that happened. Though Id only want a timeskip if it got Ride and Takaki into some better mechs or positions in the cabin/hanger. I think part of the shows charm is them just being kids and teens though., thats like when Gundam is at its best.

lol she (that politiician) was wearing a fucking wig

Kind of sad that those people from the last episode didn't die (Ein you had one job)

I did enjoy McGills twisted logic and his mission ideology though... twisted guy

Arbrau making Tekkaiden there military advisory branch is interesting since now they are a legit force with funding and support.

It is very interesting to what happened to Mika's arm and eye after overusing the system and the consequences that came with it... I wonder how he is going to go on with that handicap
Ein, you useless bastard, you had ONE job.

1459090339335ywsba.jpg

LMAO

What the heck? Nobody died! I mean, Lafter and Shino was a maybe but Azee? That clean blow splattered blood everywhere, oh whatever. Good thing Shino made it tho, his side plot is interesting but joking about Biscuit's death, nah man too soon. Sucks that Mika lost his right eye and arm but Ein was too OP, sacrifices had to be made. McGillis you evil psychopath, he reminded me of Kotomine Kirei from Fate, holding Gali's sister like that, god this pedophile has no shame. Overall great finale for an awesome series but it wasn't enough for me, 9/10.

So now my mecha Sunday is over with IBO and Schwarzesmarken, gotta continue to grind my way through ZZ now ¬¬. Was fun hanging around here.

Also a part of me was thinking at the very end there "What if Orga got sniped by a random shooter right here."

Yes! I thought that too! The vibe of that scene kinda reminded me of Muv-Luv Total Eclipse's ending but thankfully it didn't end like that for Mika and Orga. I still wanna see how they relationship came to be.

TheMax

Neo Member
It is very interesting to what happened to Mika's arm and eye after overusing the system and the consequences that came with it... I wonder how he is going to go on with that handicap

I got the feeling it might get is arm and eye replaced by mechanical one in the next season. I might be wrong.

Wow Ein seriously, you were supposed to be a huge threat and you couldn't even do that right. Although it's great that Lafter and Shino lived. How did Azee live?

God damn chocolate loli, Gaelio was legitimately the best character in the series (the only one with any real development too).

Does anyone else get the feeling that Shun is role playing Ein, just with out the murder.

Shouta

Pretty good ending considering that the show is getting a season. It wraps up the effects of the election, where it puts Tekkadan and Kudelia, and sets pieces in motion for next season. It kind of sucks that they took back some stuff from last episode but I'm relatively OK with that.

McGillis is cold-blooded as fuck. This guy has to be the most one of the most devilish Char clones so far, lol. I also laughed a bit when Atra and Kudelia were head-patting Mika at the end. I did really like that they had Kudelia giving the younger kids homework to do on their trip home. Nice little thing to be consistent.

There are some areas I'd like them to explore more in-depth in Season 2 like the Turbines, if they have time. I find it interesting that they're essentially the same type of group as Tekkadan. I also really hope they take the man-machine thread and develop it well while they're working on the Tekkadan story. It seems to be the core of the upcoming conflict.

It really boils down to what they want out of a Gundam show more than anything. I know quite a few Gundam fans that watch purely for the action. So IBO isn't enjoyable to them because of that. Then you have individual complaints that crop up here and there.

IBO is an outlier in the Gundam franchise in a lot of ways. It doesn't focus as much on the action and spends more time on its characters. Even the way they focus on the characters is pretty different. The political element isn't at the core of the story either. It's meant more to move the story along and as such, they don't really explore the topics touched upon too much. So, depending on why you like IBO, the other Gundam shows might not fit for you as well.

Wow Ein seriously, you were supposed to be a huge threat and you couldn't even do that right. Although it's great that Lafter and Shino lived. How did Azee live?

God damn chocolate loli, Gaelio was legitimately the best character in the series (the only one with any real development too).

Does anyone else get the feeling that Shun is role playing Ein, just with out the murder.

It was blood-colored oil!

Shun

How the fuck are you so good at this, Shun? You are an incredible master.

Good at what? I am just dropping hint.

I am Sunrise and Bandai Namco insider. duckroll and yami4ct approve.

Shouta approval pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom