• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (G-Tekketsu) |OT| The Iron Flower We Saw That Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

The thing about Shun's posts is he can't come out and directly tell us what's happening, so he drops hints in the form of misinformation. The animal forms were telling us Kimaris was going to get a Centaur mode and the Graze Gatai was a hint at the Graze Ein.

You have to learn how to read between the posts.

Didn't he explicity say they work normally if he's connected to Barbatos?

Oh yeah he did

weird I wonder if he might just later become just a shell of a human like Ein and would not be able to function in the real world ever again

I got the feeling it might get is arm and eye replaced by mechanical one in the next season. I might be wrong.

I was thinking about that but now that we know that his body will stick work in operating a Gundam I have a feeling he will just digress into a shell of a body with every harsh encounter he meets in S2

Ein, YOU FUCKING JOBBER. Jesus christ.

So with the blocks upping their own armaments does Gjallahorn become a fringe faction? McGillis for world domination?

Sounds like Gjallahorn is likely going to be scrambling for power and starting shit with everyone suddenly.

Luigi87

The thing about Shun's posts is he can't come out and directly tell us what's happening, so he drops hints in the form of misinformation. The animal forms were telling us Kimaris was going to get a Centaur mode and the Graze Gatai was a hint at the Graze Ein.

You have to learn how to read between the posts.

I'd probably understand hints written in emojis better.

I also really hope they take the man-machine thread and develop it well while they're working on the Tekkadan story. It seems to be the core of the upcoming conflict.

I certainly hope so. Considering McGillis is among those taking charge, and that he certainly isn't opposed to covering the man-machine past it makes me wonder if Gjallarhorn may start using it (or at least dig up some of the other Gundam Frames. Weren't there 300 of them?)

On top of that individual colonies will be focusing on their own military operations (militia?) in place of relying on Gjallarhorn, so I'm curious as to see if there may be a mass adoption of the Alaya-Vijnana system among them.

So... that was kinda disappointing?
I mean, Ein literally went from an unstoppable killing machine to a really lame final boss.
Gaelio's fight with Char was far too short and felt lacking.
Mika's repercussions were weak.

Only good thing was that McGillis' plan was actually smart and made sense in the end. I definitely take back all the shit I said about that before.

I have a feeling Season 2 is going to be chaotic now that every Union is having a arms race to be more independent from Gjallarhorn

but I wonder how McGills will handle this since he is making Gjallarhorn more hated with every new move.... how will he be able to make a new Gjallarhorn that would be later loved

Luigi87

I have a feeling Season 2 is going to be chaotic now that every Union is having a arms race to be more independent from Gjallarhorn

but I wonder how McGills will handle this since he is making Gjallarhorn more hated with every new move.... how will he be able to make a new Gjallarhorn that would be later loved

I'm wondering that myself. Aside from extreme philanthropy I can't see any way of doing so without going against his ideals.

Shouta

So... that was kinda disappointing?
I mean, Ein literally went from an unstoppable killing machine to a really lame final boss.
Gaelio's fight with Char was far too short and felt lacking.
Mika's repercussions were weak.

Only good thing was that McGillis' plan was actually smart and made sense in the end. I definitely take back all the shit I said about that before.

Mika had to give up his right eye and arm outside of Barbatos to beat actually beat Ein. That's pretty a pretty big price to pay to beat him for the protagonist of the show, lol.

Mika had to give up his right eye and arm outside of Barbatos to beat actually beat Ein. That's pretty a pretty big price to pay to beat him for the protagonist of the show, lol.

I hope they really use this handicap in season 2, and that it's just not ignored since it doesn't affect him in the Gundam.

Ascheroth

He'll probably play another double game where he as McGillis leads the Gjallarhorn towards a path that makes them more and more 'evil' only to step in as Mister Kishido of the noble revolution army, destroy Gjallarhorn in their entirety and then rebuild them from ground up in the name of 'justice'.

I'm not sure if I'm serious.

Luigi87

Given how much the show likes to play with the quiet time between actual fights, a major handicap like that can't just be ignored.

Especially since Mika is right handed.
... Heck, this directly affects how he eats food!
Not counting pocket snacks

Mika can't even do his homework now. Unless he's left handed I guess (good we need more lefties in media).

Definitely right-handed going by actions he's done throughout the series, such as whenever he's used a gun (IE: As a child, and against Crank).

Ascheroth

Especially since Mika is right handed.
... Heck, this directly affects how he eats food!
Not counting pocket snacks

Definitely right-handed going by actions he's done throughout the series.

That just means he always needs Kudelia and Atra around to feed him, help him put his clothes on, etc : P

And then Atra realizes it's a lot of work and decides to double down on the harem plan™ and invites some of the Turbines to jump ship (literally).

Luigi87

That just means he always needs Kudelia and Atra around to feed him, help him put his clothes on, etc : P

And then Atra realizes it's a lot of work and decides to double down on the harem plan™ and invites some of the Turbines to jump ship (literally).

This ain't To Love Ru Darkness D=

This ain't To Love Ru Darkness D=

Sunrise isn't know for handling second seasons well...

His harem will directly fight against McGillis' chocolate loli harem. Just when Mika thinks all is lost Naze shows up with his harem, and Shino who also got a harem at some point comes too...

Ascheroth

And a robotic red arm?

They mess up the surgery and make his remaining 'good' arm robotic. He then has a robotic arm and one which only works in the Gundam.

Edit: But thinking about it seriously, would it even be possible to fix things with robotic implants? Would the Alaya-Vijnana system even work with those?

I hope in the time skip mika gets a beard and a eye patch he said he can't see

And a robotic red arm?

This needs to happen, I want to see Punished Mika.

He's going the Lelouch route.

---

About the episode, yeah,
everyone turning out to be alive was lame.
Maybe Ein's axe was made of styrofoam, or this:

HNI_0097.jpg

Ken

Put a mask on it.

The two frames of Gusion Rebake was better than most of the other MS scenes in the episode.
Joke character Carta has more named kills than Ein. OTL

I'm wondering that myself. Aside from extreme philanthropy I can't see any way of doing so without going against his ideals.

He'll probably play another double game where he as McGillis leads the Gjallarhorn towards a path that makes them more and more 'evil' only to step in as Mister Kishido of the noble revolution army, destroy Gjallarhorn in their entirety and then rebuild them from ground up in the name of 'justice'.

I'm not sure if I'm serious.
that is the thing he can't play the two personas for two long because eventually when he is at the top of Gjallarhorn it would be two late to save his image

Put a mask on it.

The two frames of Gusion Rebake was better than most of the other MS scenes in the episode.
Joke character Carta has more named kills than Ein. OTL

forever a man with a mask never to have a identity ever again

theoretically he can save himself if he publicly abandons Gjallarhorn early on and shows the public that he was the masked man in the revolution... but if he moves on with this two persona image eventually his real self will be to tied up with the bad image of Gjallarhorn to ever back down from public hatred and distrust

Ascheroth

Ein means 1 in japanized german (technically it's 'eins')
Ein backwards is 'nie', which means 'never' in german.
This clearly indicates that Ein would 'never' complete his 'one' job, and 'never' manage to kill even a 'single' person.
He's just staying true to his name.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Mika's probably going to become gundam by the end like Ein.

Ein is just a foreshadowing of Mika's fate.

yami4ct

Mika's probably going to become gundam by the end like Ein.

Ein is just a foreshadowing of Mika's fate.

Mika's loss of humanity becoming literal would be a not too surprising unsubtle image for the series to use.

Not saying it's bad, but the series loves its hugely obvious imagery and that would fit right in. I definitely think you could go a bit in that direction and make it really work.

Mokoi

Banned
Mika is now venom snake.

Lmao ein was worthless. No one died by him. I cant really remember, but carta is the only person who gave tekk the biggest loss emotionally? Rip biscuit.

Mika is now venom snake.

Lmao ein was worthless. No one died by him. I cant really remember, but carta is the only person who gave tekk the biggest loss emotionally? Rip biscuit.

The Sniper who shot down Fumitan and the Funky space pirates come to mind. But the victims weren't as important as Biscuit.

It really puts Gjallarhorn to shame when those pirates killed almost as much named characters as them.

Ascheroth

Mikazuki means 'crescent moon'. If we take the full moon as the 'whole' this indicates that Mika would lose something. His eye and arm are only the beginning.

Biscuit's whole family is named after sweets. What do you do with sweets? You eat them. RIP Cookie and Cracker in season 2.

It's all in the names guys.

----
I'm having way too much fun with this lol.

gatti-man

I'm not one for anime but hot damn this has been one of my favorite shows ever. This could easily be made into a Hollywood movie. Loved this show, dying for more.

Kysen

Wow basically undid everything in episode 24 lol. Glad Azee and Lafter survived. Ein went from a bad ass to a chump so fast.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
WTF is the point if you aren't going to kill someone? The one bitch had her machine smashed the fuck in.

After the great last episode, you fuck it up.

Why is this feeling like 00 all over again. Complete with the McGillis trip.

lol @ the turnaround on G-Reco and Iron-Blooded Orphans.

Really enjoyed the series. The ending was kinda eh, but whatever. Still miles better than Seed and 00.

Mortemis

Banned
well that was some ending. Boring to me, but whatever. Feel bad for Ein, only person in Gjallarhorn to get any sort of character development and they turn him into a jobber, smh. McGillis seems more like a psychopath than someone with a mission that'll do anything to achieve.

Season two this fall huh? Not gonna happen but I hope Mika's not the MC anymore, I liked him at first and thought he'd get some good development, but sadly he looks more like some crazy fuck. Which is okay with the theme of war and shit, but is a shitty MC imo.

cntr

Banned
IBO S1's ending is sort of the reverse of 00 S1's ending, come to think of it. 00 went from multiple regional factions to a single enemy, the A-Laws, IBO is going from the single enemy of Gjallarhorn to multiple Earth factions.

Lautaro

Haha so they just end up killing red shirts instead of named characters, way to remove tension from the show.

Well, still a good show and I look forward to the future arms race and war.

EDIT: btw I'm starting to think that Mika is a cat in human form:

They mess up the surgery and make his remaining 'good' arm robotic. He then has a robotic arm and one which only works in the Gundam.

Edit: But thinking about it seriously, would it even be possible to fix things with robotic implants? Would the Alaya-Vijnana system even work with those?
The Gundam frame is basically giant robotic implant connected at the spine. Can't they simply make smaller mechanical arms that connected at the spine and it'll work just fine.

People overreact about all Gundam series. The ending was kinda weak, but the show was still probably the best AU Gundam series we've had in some time.

They knew they were getting a 2nd season before this show was finished, they likely made changes to work with what they plan on doing next season, so the ending felt pretty soft.

Was lame that they brought back all the "deaths" from 24... that was stupid, we didn't need those characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom