• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (G-Tekketsu) |OT| The Iron Flower We Saw That Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I dont think they can just make a new arm for him. It's strongly implied that he's fusing with Barbatos.

Given what we know of the history of the frames, the Alaya system, and Ein, I feel this is likely the case. Not all frames are created equal and once you start to lose yourself in one, you can't just switch to another. The frames were hated and feared for a reason, and "consuming" their pilots is as good as any.

CBTech

The finale was somewhat of a disappointment especially coming off of episode 24.
Backpedaling on the deaths was lame.
I love Ein's constant insane, final boss ranting in the background that was constantly being ignored. Really fitting for the show. I like that
Mika has some permanent damage inflicted by the fight.
McGillis is a manipulative asshole and I love him. I never thought that I would have so much sympathy for Gaelio by the end.

Overall, I think this is the best AU Gundam by far and the best Gundam since Turn A. The cast was great with a lot of memorable side characters. IBO gave some focus to so many of Tekkadan's members and there is something I remember about all of them, unlike most crew members of other Gundam shows. The mech design is great that stand out among the typical Gundam designs while still feeling like Gundam. The lack of beam weaponry makes the fights feel like they have a lot more weight and each hit was satisfying. I can't wait for the second season. Hopefully it keeps up at least this level of quality, but will hopefully fix the pacing problems and mediocre politics of this first season.

Chariot

Mika is going to get an eye patch and a red cyborg arm, Orga is going to lose an arm and a leg as well and will probably be blind. They will get into conflict with Charface and his ultimate plan.

#MetalGearedOrphans

Mika is going to get an eye patch and a red cyborg arm, Orga is going to lose an arm and a leg as well and will probably be blind. They will get into conflict with Charface and his ultimate plan.

#MetalGearedOrphans

Nah man. Orga dies offscreen inbetween S1 and S2. Mika inherits his arm, eye, and personality. Liquid Mika.

The fuck you talking about?! 00 was awesome

This guy.

McGillis's red gundam looks pretty powerful.
I don't think it is a Gundam but the whole Masked man anti Gundam mobile suit that everyone one gets with every series

I mean the dude is clearly talented, like a Char clone is suppose to be

doesn't have a Gundam

doesn't have that system thing in his spine

yet he handles people way more easily

RangerBAD

I don't think it is a Gundam but the whole Masked man anti Gundam mobile suit that everyone one gets with every series

doesn't have a Gundam

He's a newtype!

StayDead

I loved the ending.
Two of my favourite characters nearly died, but came out ok. That's a bonus as usually everyone I likes dies!

Ken

doesn't have a Gundam

Isn't the Grimgerde a Valkyrie Frame?

Also aren't Gundams weaker tech-wise than the new Grazes? Seems believable than Kimaris without A-V could get overpowered by Grimgerde.

Also aren't Gundams weaker tech-wise than the new Grazes? Seems believable than Kimaris without A-V could get overpowered by Grimgerde.

But the Valkyrie frame is from the same time as the Gundam frames. So really McGillis was just a better pilot than Gali Gali.

Not sure where you're getting the idea that the Gundam frames are weaker than Grazes, did they menton that at one point? They never really showed any of the Gundam frames except the Barbados against "modern" suits so how they stack up can't really be assumed, especially since they use most of the tech interchangeably. And because Gali Gali was a pretty high rank in Gjallarhorn you would think the Kimaris was outfitted with modern equipment. So again Gaelio got rekt because he wasn't at McGillis' level, not because his suit was inferior.

Ken

But the Valkyrie frame is from the same time as the Gundam frames. So really McGillis was just a better pilot than Gali Gali.

Not sure where you're getting the idea that the Gundam frames are weaker than Grazes, did they menton that at one point? They never really showed any of the Gundam frames except the Barbados against "modern" suits so how they stack up can't really be assumed, especially since they use most of the tech interchangeably. And because Gali Gali was a pretty high rank in Gjallarhorn you would think the Kimaris was outfitted with modern equipment. So again Gaelio got rekt because he wasn't at McGillis' level, not because his suit was inferior.

I think in one of the early episodes they mention they're weaker than Grazes? Or maybe that comment only applied to the unupgraded Barbatos, if that.

As for Gundams versus Valkyries, yeah it probably came down to skill but I was also assuming that Gundam Frames function in a "handicapped" state without the A-V system? Then again I guess the same could apply to Grimgerdes since that's also Calamity War suit so idk.

As an aside, I still hate how Gali Gali acts surprised at seeing Gundams and then strolls in a few episodes later with the Kimaris he found in his family's basement.

I thought the whole point was that Gundam frames were a lot stronger than the regular mobile suits. Weren't the Graze suits always depicted as the weakest in battle? Like Ryusei-Go was depicted as being on a lower level than Gusion and Barbatos.

Ken

I thought the whole point was that Gundam frames were a lot stronger than the regular mobile suits. Weren't the Graze suits always depicted as the weakest in battle? Like Ryusei-Go was depicted as being on a lower level than Gusion and Barbatos.

I think it's the 300 years old suits vs modern suits thing.

I think in one of the early episodes they mention they're weaker than Grazes? Or maybe that comment only applied to the unupgraded Barbatos, if that.

As for Gundams versus Valkyries, yeah it probably came down to skill but I was also assuming that Gundam Frames function in a "handicapped" state without the A-V system? Then again I guess the same could apply to Grimgerdes since that's also Calamity War suit so idk.

As an aside, I still hate how Gali Gali acts surprised at seeing Gundams and then strolls in a few episodes later with the Kimaris he found in his family's basement.

Oh yeah I do kinda remember that, but even then it was hard to take seriously with Mika just smashing people.

I'm just waiting on the Calamity Wars OVA to answer question regarding anything tech wise. Shun when is that going to happen, and how many of the 72 Gundam frames will make an appearance?

I get the feeling that McGillis had to remind Gali Gali that they even had a Gundam lying around, and that Gali Gali had to go ask his dad for it. "But Dad the other kid has one, and if I don't show up with mine I'm not gonna be cool anymore!"

But it's more like 300 year old overtechnology which has been lost vs modern suits built without that knowledge.

And with how Gjallarhorn operated it would make sense that they claimed to have superior tech when in reality they just had mass produced remnants.

Ken

But it's more like 300 year old overtechnology which has been lost vs modern suits built without that knowledge.

Apparently, Grazes are based off 300 year old Valkyries though.

Also not really sure how lost the knowledge is when Gjallarhorn's database includes data on the Barbatos, and also the technician at Saisei seemed really good at tuning the suit.

Oh yeah I do kinda remember that, but even then it was hard to take seriously with Mika just smashing people.

I'm just waiting on the Calamity Wars OVA to answer question regarding anything tech wise. Shun when is that going to happen, and how many of the 72 Gundam frames will make an appearance?

I get the feeling that McGillis had to remind Gali Gali that they even had a Gundam lying around, and that Gali Gali had to go ask his dad for it. "But Dad the other kid has one, and if I don't show up with mine I'm not gonna be cool anymore!"

Yeah, I hope they expand more on the Calamity Wars instead of what shopping is like in the colonies.

---

Another aside, are they going to make MG gunpla of IBO stuff? I saw some 1/100 stuff but they looked like no grades.

cntr

Banned
The Gundam Wiki says the Valkyrie Frame was developed near the end of the Calamity War, so it was put into storage while the Gundams ended the war.

I'm guessing Gjallarhorn sealed away most Calamity War technology, so the Graze is gimped compared to the Grimgerde.

Zyzyxxz

Disappointed that those 2 girls survived, both of them would have made the hardwon victory more bittersweet instead of being so hollywood happy.

I'm guessing there's gonna be a civil war on Earth for season2?

Chariot

Disappointed that those 2 girls survived, both of them would have made the hardwon victory more bittersweet instead of being so hollywood happy.
At least tehy should've sustained more grave injuries. have them appear in wheelchairs or with a few limbs missing.

StayDead

If they'd have killed two of the best characters I would've cried.

But then how are Akihiro and Lafter supposed to hook up when Naze and Amida inevitably sacrifice themselves for the greater good?

Shun

If you watch Gundam Orphans go watch Macross Delta. New Macross show and it will be better than Orphans.

This is probably gonna happen.

The way Turbines is set up I thought Lafter was already a mom like with some of the other girls. Are they not mothers of Naze children already?

If you watch Gundam Orphans go watch Macross Delta. New Macross show and it will be better than Orphans.

The way Turbines is set up I thought Lafter was already a mom like with some of the other girls. Are they not mothers of Naze children already?

Some are, but at some point they explain it's not just some big kinky harem, but rather a shelter for women in need (and their kids).

RangerBAD

I love Macross, but we both know the Valkyries are going to be shitty CGI animation.

Shouta

I can't tell if you're trolling or not.

Didn't they mention in like the before last ep or so that the point of the Gundams was to work in conjunction with the Alaya Vijnana System? The two developed together. The Gundam frames by themselves likely are high end machines but don't perform at peak without the Alaya Vijnana System, with a normal pilot they are likely no better than other mobile suits

okay can we get old RideTakaki, Yamagi too https://twitter.com/007dieday2/status/715525350822793216
Ce4Og6iUIAQ8-sy.jpg

CBTech

Didn't they mention in like the before last ep or so that the point of the Gundams was to work in conjunction with the Alaya Vijnana System? The two developed together. The Gundam frames by themselves likely are high end machines but don't perform at peak without the Alaya Vijnana System, with a normal pilot they are likely no better than other mobile suits

I thought I remember them mentioning that Gundam frames have two Ahab reactors and are designed to specifically take advantage of the Alaya Vijnana. The confusion on whether or not Grazes were supposed to be more powerful than the Gundam frames was in the first or second episode Nadi questions if the Barbatos was an extremely powerful suit or if it is Mika's piloting. I suspect it is a combination of both. Most likely early on it was mainly Mika's performance, since the Barbatos had no equipment and relied on Mika's skill and brute strength.

TheFlow

Banned
The only person who has a legit reason for revenge is Gaelio. Like damn he went through the most.

Lawd have mercy let him come back like the dark knight and rekt

Episode 25

Decent episode and I hope Gaelio isn't dead.
Overall I would give season 1 a 7/10. 6/10 if nitpicking.

Moaradin

Backpedaling on the deaths was kinda lame. Retroactively made Episode 24 worse. And I get that they wanted to end the season on a good note, but making a joke about telling Biscuit's sisters about his death was kinda weird.

tensuke

Backpedaling on the deaths was kinda lame. Retroactively made Episode 24 worse. And I get that they wanted to end the season on a good note, but making a joke about telling Biscuit's sisters about his death was kinda weird.

I know, I demanded blood and they wouldn't give it to me. My only gripe with the ending.

Also yeah the Biscuit thing was kind of odd, I didn't think it was that long ago that he died...

I know, I demanded blood and they wouldn't give it to me. My only gripe with the ending.

Also yeah the Biscuit thing was kind of odd, I didn't think it was that long ago that he died...

Well there was a decent amount of time skipped because they sailed from around Australia all the way up to Alaska, and then took a train from Juneau or Fairbanks to Edmonton.

And then the Edmonton siege started a couple days before ep 24 or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom