• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Gundam series being teased? G-Tekketsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone who said they wanted Tomino kept away from Gundam are happy with themselves.

Now we have fucking Mari Okada.

Somehow we got an even worse writer than the rumored Yoshino.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
This will either be really good or really bad. I don't see a middle ground

I hope everyone who said they wanted Tomino kept away from Gundam are happy with themselves.

Can't be worse than G-Reco

fertygo

Yeah, no.

And Nagai is one of the better active director right now, of course he better than Tomino.. I'm excited to see work with very different scope from him.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't know how to talk to people who think G-Reco was good

It's like we're not speaking the same language

Even Tomino thought it turned out bad...

Tomino was certainly frustrated with the end result, especially the back half, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't still a worthwhile show.

G-Reco brought me a lot of entertainment each week. The final 6 episodes or so were a complete mess, and it would have been better as a 52 episode show, but I still think what we got was an immensely enjoyable show, absolutely one of a kind, and one of the purest distillations of Tomino possible. I'd much rather that than Mari Okada.

Looking through what all Okada has worked on, I'm a little less worried. Alot of the shows are ones I really liked.

Toradora!, GOSICK, Anohana, Fractale, Hanasaku Iroha, Fate 2006 (eh), among others.

I'm more than willing to give this a chance.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Looking through what all Okada has worked on, I'm a little less worried. Alot of the shows are ones I really liked.

Toradora!, GOSICK, Anohana, Fractale, Hanasaku Iroha, Fate 2006 (eh), among others.

most of those are adaptions though

She's fine with adaptations.

But aside from Hanasaku Iroha (which had a really talented director working on it), almost all of her original works have been complete dog shit.

Kanann

series producer announced G-reco was a big success

so

do you guys understand it yet?

Tomino "reco is bad" fiesta is come from mislead translated article
recently Asahi Shinbun newspaper have an article very praising it
Gen Urobuchi also praising it

about G-Tekketsu I have no idea yet
but
監督:長井龍雪 (director)
構成:岡田麿里 (writer)
are not so promising

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
They be getting ready all right

CJ7P2TfVAAAQQN2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom