• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 10 |OT| Google's 10-inch tablet developed by Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how to root and flash. Have done it multiple times. You don't get it. It's for someone else without technical knowledge. Not everyone is a nerd. I don't want to update the damn thing everytime for him. Again the point of a nexus device what that it was android from google with fast updates. This is not the case. Coming up with alternative things doesn't change that fact and you guys know that.

Only a nerd would give a shit about a day 1 update. Fuck me.

DarkFlow

Banned
Swapping a N10 for an iPad?

Error total.

I received the update yesterday, but the battery was at like 3% so I decided not to install yet. Something to do when I get home tonight.
Lol that's how I felt after I traded my 1st gen n7 for a iPad 2. I sold that yesterday and got a new 7 to correct that mistake.

Hesemonni

Banned
Why is Google deliberately missing the best tablet selling season by not releasing Nexus 10 refresh already? Those guys are making it extra hard for me NOT to buy iPad Air this christmas :/

The wait is making me nuts.

Cheebo

Banned
Why is Google deliberately missing the best tablet selling season by not releasing Nexus 10 refresh already? Those guys are making it extra hard for me NOT to buy iPad Air this christmas :/

The wait is making me nuts.

The fact they announced the google play 8.3 LG tablet last week makes me think there is no new Nexus 10.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Anyone know if the Hangouts noise cancellation bug will ever be fixed? I hate not being able to use Hangouts on the tablet.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hope for no new N10 this year.

I can get Nexus 10 for $320 here in Chile (normally over $500). Is it a good idea to get it right now or should I wait until the next version comes up?

I can get Nexus 10 for $320 here in Chile (normally over $500). Is it a good idea to get it right now or should I wait until the next version comes up?

I'd like to second this question. Going on a trip next month and I'd love to replace my netbook with a nice 10 inch tablet for basic web browsing, comic reading, and photo managing/editing. Prices seem pretty good for the Nexus 10, but all this talk about the 10 2 have me hesitating. Are there some terrible flaws with the Nexus 10 that are worth waiting for a new hardware revision? Or is there a better large screen tablet worth my money? Help me out Android GAF.

I'd like to second this question. Going on a trip next month and I'd love to replace my netbook with a nice 10 inch tablet for basic web browsing, comic reading, and photo managing/editing. Prices seem pretty good for the Nexus 10, but all this talk about the 10 2 have me hesitating. Are there some terrible flaws with the Nexus 10 that are worth waiting for a new hardware revision? Or is there a better large screen tablet worth my money? Help me out Android GAF.

I can't speak to whether or not there is going to be a better Nexus 10-2 coming (probably, but who knows), but I've had my Nexus 10 for over a year at this point and it's still working great. Runs apps well, screen is really good other than some slight backlight blooming at the edges, but that might have been fixed after launch. Not really noticable when actually using the screen. For what I use my table for (podcasts, web browsing, occasional videos+games) it still works great.

I've heard that the newest Samsung Note 10.1 (2014) might have faster hardware than the Nexus 10, but it seems like the Touchwiz software they load it with will bog things down and make it overall less smooth than the Nexus 10 still is.

For a cheap price I'd definitely recommend picking it up, but whether or not you want to wait to see if a Nexus 10-2 is coming out is up to you.

The Note 2014 is a beast. It's smooth as room temperature margarine.

They were going for $389 on Groupon last week.
Dang, are you sure that was for the 2014 version? I'm seeing nothing but a little under 500 for refurbs. In any case, I think I'll go with the Nexus 10 then (unless that deal pops up again). Those Notes look really nice but I don't REALLY need something for productivity with that much of a price difference.

Dang, are you sure that was for the 2014 version? I'm seeing nothing but a little under 500 for refurbs. In any case, I think I'll go with the Nexus 10 then (unless that deal pops up again). Those Notes look really nice but I don't REALLY need something for productivity with that much of a price difference.
yep, 100% sure. http://slickdeals.net/f/6645216-sam...ed-32gb-for-420-or-16gb-for-390-free-shipping

usually these kind of deals shows up in a few places spaces out by a few weeks.

edit: oh wow, the deal is back. only 16GB white is available though.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Does anyone know if Google will update the Nexus 10 this year?

I really want a big screen to read comics and watch shows on :3

Maybe. I called them not updating the current model until a year+, though. I called it!!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So I just got one of those things, charged till it said "Charged" and started doing stuff (downloading apps and playing Rayman) when the battery suddenly jumped from what must have been at least 60% to 0%. I've read something about "battery calibration" while doing a quick search but I'm not sure what to do now. Is this something "normal" (I'm charging it up right now) or should I just take the hit and send it back (that will take at the very least 9 days which sucks cause I really need it right now) but I'd rather have a functional 300€ tablet than one that just randomly dies.

Bboy AJ

Oh man please let me upgrade this tablet already.

So I just got one of those things, charged till it said "Charged" and started doing stuff (downloading apps and playing Rayman) when the battery suddenly jumped from what must have been at least 60% to 0%. I've read something about "battery calibration" while doing a quick search but I'm not sure what to do now. Is this something "normal" (I'm charging it up right now) or should I just take the hit and send it back (that will take at the very least 9 days which sucks cause I really need it right now) but I'd rather have a functional 300€ tablet than one that just randomly dies.

Give it a few days to calibrate.

Bboy AJ

Okay, is there anything I should watch out for or avoid or can I just use it normally?
thanks man

Just use it normally. Watch out for the tablet being a massive POS that reboots randomly on a regular basis, chugs down performance wise, and randomly freezes. But other than that, still the best Android tablet out there.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Just use it normally. Watch out for the tablet being a massive POS that reboots randomly on a regular basis, chugs down performance wise, and randomly freezes. But other than that, still the best Android tablet out there.

Another thing to watch for is dropped wifi connections and the microphones/speakers not working well with video Hangouts. The first run had some of those issues that were later fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom