• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 6P | OT | Its also the best Android Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
So again what exactly is the audio issue you've been having?

I can hear some static noise from time to time but only in certain songs. It sounds like an old radio frequency but not always and it's very faint.

I dunno... It is annoying though.
I hear static over headphones when there is audio (as in it stops between words on podcasts) that is worse on the lowest volumes. Sometimes it isn't noticeable but other times it overwhelms what is meant to play. There is also a continuous clicking/rattling sound in earphones when no audio is set to play.

They always pull this nonsense.

Ask for further compensation for having your time wasted.
I'll make a complaint in a few days when I get the chance. Thanks.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Google Play Services is never too of the battery list for anyone else, is it? I am screwed :/

Kevyt

So my Nexus 6p has a clicking noise when you apply just a little bit of pressure to the side of the screen or behind in the metal body. You can hear it crack with no effort whatsoever. I happened to notice as I took my phone out of the case and surprisingly there is a cracking sound (very faint) when you apply a little bit of pressure to the back or to the sides.

Does anyone else's phone does this too? On the first day, the phone felt very solid but now this is starting to worry be because I feel like it could break at any moment... 😧

Edit: using the phone without the case is pretty much out of question because the clicking/cracking sound is too common and can be loudly heard.

So my Nexus 6p has a clicking noise when you apply just a little bit of pressure to the side of the screen or behind in the metal body. You can hear it crack with no effort whatsoever. I happened to notice as I took my phone out of the case and surprisingly there is a cracking sound (very faint) when you apply a little bit of pressure to the back or to the sides.

Does anyone else's phone does this too? On the first day, the phone felt very solid but now this is starting to worry be because I feel like it could break at any moment... 😧

Edit: using the phone without the case is pretty much out of question because the clicking/cracking sound is too common and can be loudly heard.

Just tried mine and nothing, it feels solid.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

You're protecting a broken phone.

Kevyt

When the phone is cold, like today morning that clicking/cracking noise goes away.

I think it has something to do with aluminum expanding and receding due to temperature.

ArchAngel

When the phone is cold, like today morning that clicking/cracking noise goes away.

I think it has something to do with aluminum expanding and receding due to temperature.

I had this yesterday on my frost 6p. The white one also felt like cheap plastic to me :(

Azulsky

Spigen 6P Armor Case feels pretty nice. It definitely fits the phone better than the Adopted case from the Google Store and screenshots work all the time.

I just had the battery last for 1 day, 10 hours, with 6 hours, 56 minutes of screen-on time.
I'm running cataclysm over stock (nov 1) and rooted/unlocked with elementalx kernel. I don't use auto-brightness.

To me, this is fantastic battery life coming from my Nexus 5 running the same ROM/kernel. I'd be lucky to get 3 hours screen-on time and 18 hours.

This phone is awesome.

GTI Guy

I just had the battery last for 1 day, 10 hours, with 6 hours, 56 minutes of screen-on time.
I'm running cataclysm over stock (nov 1) and rooted/unlocked with elementalx kernel. I don't use auto-brightness.

To me, this is fantastic battery life coming from my Nexus 5 running the same ROM/kernel. I'd be lucky to get 3 hours screen-on time and 18 hours.

This phone is awesome.

How the hell are you able to get that kind of battery life?

The other day I have about 2 hours SOT and was nearly dead after about 15 hours.

ArchAngel

My first complete day with the 6P: 6:48h of SoT with a bit of gaming (the new Star Wars game), what's app, surfing a couple of hours and try some settings/apps for customization. VERY good to me :D Display sitting at half brightness.

My N6 had a bit over 6h at best with surfing only on Marshmallow.

How the hell are you able to get that kind of battery life?

The other day I have about 2 hours SOT and was nearly dead after about 15 hours.

I keep data off unless I'm using it. Cellular stays on always, same with WiFi. I have auto-brightness off, and I generally keep it at 50% brightness during the day and 25% at night. Battery saver I have set to kick in at 20%.

Other than that, I've been able to consistently get 6 hours of SOT over the last 3 charge cycles. That's approaching tablet levels for me, which is exactly what I wanted when buying the phone, so I couldn't be happier.

edit: I have the November security update that supposedly ruins blacks, but since Cataclysm is installed as a delta over stock, it seems to have fixed the issue. That means my black pixels aren't consuming power, unlike the bug in November update, that could be increasing my screen time.

lightus

I'm thinking about picking one of these up since my Note 3 has been on the fritz lately. Verizon doesn't carry it so I'm picking it up outright and just cutting my micro sim into a nano sim. I've read that that typically works out fine so hopefully it does for me.

I'm thinking about picking one of these up since my Note 3 has been on the fritz lately. Verizon doesn't carry it so I'm picking it up outright and just cutting my micro sim into a nano sim. I've read that that typically works out fine so hopefully it does for me.

I bought a SIM cutter from Amazon for 7 dollars. I also went from a VZW Note 3 to this phone, the cutter worked flawlessly.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Popping in after defecting to iPhone land, -_- to see bullshit like Google Play Services battery drain hanging tight. Oh Android, help us help you.

I have a moto x (2014) and the Google Services has been killer on my battery the last two days. I have been trying to fix it, but no luck so far. Only thing that helps for a bit is turning on battery saver for a few minutes.

My adventures to date of unsuccessfully trying to get my earphone static problem fixed:

1. Virgin Mobile store (I got the phone through a plan with them) told me over phone to take the phone to them and they will check it out and give me a replacement if there is a problem. When I arrive they said they would only do that if I had all the original packaging. I didn't. So they would only repair it. It was sent off.
2. Received it back not fixed despite repair report saying a factory reset fixed it. Worker at store giving the phone back to me read the report and said various components had been replaced ...but the report said nothing about this.
3. I called Virgin Mobile phone line, was told to go to a Huawei store instead, and Virgin would help if Huawei don't. I made a complaint for it not being fixed the first time and the worker lying about what the report said.
4. I called Huawei support since nearest Huawei store is too far to go without checking what they will do first. They said it isn't a known issue and I need to contact Virgin Mobile and not Huawei.
5. I decide to go to a different Virgin Mobile store. They say they can't accept it from me today since the repair company didn't update the system to say that they sent it back to me, so a new support request can't be made today, so they will email the repairer to update it and for me to visit the store next week to drop off my phone.

esai

Got my 6P on Tuesday. Loving it so far. Battery has been good so far. Much better than my S4. Anyone have a recommendation for a car charger.

aznpxdd

Just got this recently, what a sexy beast. Would've never thought I'd be rocking both a Huawei smartphone AND smartwatch.

U883Jva.jpg

yshov1p.jpg

6T8fEo1.jpg

cocopuffs

Banned
Think I might just go skin-less and case-less with this phone (unless I'm at the gym). Case-less because any case (even this nice Spigen Rugged Armor) adds bulk and skin-less because for as nice as the D-Brand skin looks, the device alone looks better. Will probably still put a screen protector though.

Noting that I got Nexus Protect so I guess I can afford to take this risk.

Kevyt

So my phone still clicks and cracks whenever I grab it, as if it was a cheap piece of plastic that's about to break...

I'm not sure if I should just get a refund instead of an exchange. :/

esai

So my phone still clicks and cracks whenever I grab it, as if it was a cheap piece of plastic that's about to break...

Go for an exchange. Mine doesn't do that at all.

wowzors

Does anybody know how to turn the clock off when the phone screen is turned off? Like if i hit the side button and turn my screen off it will blink on and off the time and any notifications under it. I don't really care to see the clock on and off and i feel like it affects battery.

Sky Chief

Get an exchange, must be something wrong. Mine is rock solid. I actually dropped it in my bathroom onto a tile floor after getting back from a workout and having too much in my hands the other day. Thought for sure it was a goner and absolutely no damage whatsoever. No clicks or creaks either.

Does anybody know how to turn the clock off when the phone screen is turned off? Like if i hit the side button and turn my screen off it will blink on and off the time and any notifications under it. I don't really care to see the clock on and off and i feel like it affects battery.

settings->display->ambient display

How's the Nexus 6P?

Is it worth the $400 to upgrade from the Nexus 6? I'm deciding whether to return Nexus 6P since I got the Nexus 6 for $199.

ArchAngel

Frost white? I'm getting a replacement unit next week and hope it won't crack like my frost N6P.

Kevyt

Frost white? I'm getting a replacement unit next week and hope it won't crack like my frost N6P.

Aluminum 6p. Two handed use with no case is unbearable without hearing the cracking and like it's going to break.

I think I'm gonna do a refund and get the LG g4... I just want a more sturdier phone and not having to worry about applying too much pressure because it "might" break.

Got a Project Fi invite!

Quick question for anyone who's had experience switching from a regular carrier to Project Fi: Do they deactivate your current phone as soon as you order the Nexus?

Jzero

Got a Project Fi invite!

Quick question for anyone who's had experience switching from a regular carrier to Project Fi: Do they deactivate your current phone as soon as you order the Nexus?
Only if you port your current phone number.

Thinking about grabbing one of these for an upgrade from my Nexus 6.

Anyone else make that jump? Worth it?
Yes yes. I kind of miss the wider screen and small bezels but I definitely don't miss the width of the phone.

esai

Got a Project Fi invite!

They didn't deactivate till I started the process after I received my new phone.

th3dude

Yes yes. I kind of miss the wider screen and small bezels but I definitely don't miss the width of the phone.

Bit the bullet and ordered.

Figured I have through January 22 to return with their extended holiday returns, so why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom