• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 11 |OT| - This thread is empty, like the stands in Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Brady should get a fine.

How you gonna jaw with the ref in the tunnel? GTFO
Brady is allowed to show up the refs and wear Uggs on the field.

Dude orders hits on people trying to take pictures at his wedding.

Patriot way dude. They just don't give a fuck.

Miguel

After the Panthers went up 17-10, I put 20 bucks on the Patriots to win.

20 bucks well spent.

You're welcome, GAF.

/curse

Bowser

GERRY AUSTIN SAID IT WAS THE RIGHT CALL.

NO PENALTY.

THE PANTHERS ARE FOR REAL.

but seriously wtf defense, that was terrible.

cdyhybrid

3k1aMEp.png

Edit: Oh goodness Bill looks so angry at his presser.

Tenumi

Banned
Here's the thing though, you could either call Defensive Holding or Pass Interference.

Pass Interference can be waived if the ball isn't catchable, Defensive Holding isn't.

I could see defensive holding, then. I don't know the rules on that 100%, so... yeah. More familiar with PI with it more often called.

How? he mugged him in the endzone.

Don't even bother.

Had this been the other way around with a Pats player holding in the back of the endzone like that you would have Deacon and Yankee running around with their dicks out how that was PI and how this league is croocked, but since it's against the Pats it's a correct call.

Oozer3993

Directly from the NFL rule book:

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to:

(c) Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players.

Gronk was never, ever going to be able to catch that pass. It was significantly under thrown.

effzee

Holding at least should have been called. Bigger issue is why throw a flag to begin with? Once it was thrown you have to call it.

But the flag was thrown. Would have helped the Eagles oh well.

The refs do have conferences and pick flags up. If it had been holding the flag would have stood, but with dpi the ball has to be catchable and it was so badly underthrown no way could Gronk have gotten to it. If the Panthers beat the Eagles for the wc then so be it. I want the Pats to lose every fucking game they ever play for the rest of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom