• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Week 9 |OT| - Doin' It 2003 Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

Panthers are now the 6th seed, Bears/Packers both on pace to miss the playoffs :O

Panthers were the 6th seed as of last night regardless of today's outcome. Have a better conference record than both the Lions and Packers. All today's outcome did was vault the Lions from out of the playoffs (again, as of today) to the NFC North lead.

KaYotiX

Banned
Daily remainder Stafford led his team to a win with a dislocated left shoulder:

nfl_g_stafford_400.jpg

Against that elite Browns team back then too huh?

And without Rodgers we will likely lose all 3 games, pissing away the good fortune of an easy schedule.

Yup.....we could of been 9-2 if Rodgers didnt go down. Now I don't even know if we stay .500. Id like to stay positive but damn this is a hard pill to swallow especially with all the other injuries we have.

Huge game for the Lions on Sunday. I thought Chicago would go out and lay a huge egg tonight but they looked pretty good.

We destroyed them last time we played but I'm far from confident. The Lions tend to disappear when it counts.

squicken

And without Rodgers we will likely lose all 3 games, pissing away the good fortune of an easy schedule.

w/o Rodgers I'm not sure you can win games if your defense can't hold down opponents. Bills and Browns have aided their QB situations with good defense. Ground and pound won't work w/o a good defense

BobDylan

I have no doubt if we could get a qb who was even remotely capable of managing a game then we could still win some games. I think flynn is the best option at this point. I just dont see the point in waiting on wallace to improve, it would be a waste of time

squicken

Kevin Seifert ‏@SeifertESPN
No detail on Rodgers, but on Wallace McCarthy said: "Seneca needs to perform better and he will be able to do that with a week of prax."

Kevin Seifert ‏@SeifertESPN
Read into that what you will.

Lose against the Vikings? Bahaha. You guys got this.

The Eagles game should be your biggest worry.
Maybe Clay coming back will transform the defense into a dominant force. But it's hard to be optimistic about it.

On the plus side if we do somehow go 2-2 over the next 4 and get Rodgers back for the stretch run, well... we'll probably be fine.

Now I just hope we make the playoffs, then get all of our starters back and win it all as a 6th seed again!!!!!
Gonna have to do it Giants-style as the awful 4 seed. We might need the Bears and Lions to implode to make this happen, but after consulting with a bit of alcohol I am 100% certain it's gonna happen.

squicken

It's not like the Bears defense is any good. Rodgers would have put 50 on them and I think most decent QBs will light them up too. Lions could run away given their easy schedule, but they are the Lions

It's not like the Bears defense is any good. Rodgers would have put 50 on them and I think most decent QBs will light them up too. Lions could run away given their easy schedule, but they are the Lions

There is truth to this. The Bears still have something of an offense and let's remember that the Lions defense isn't much better than the Bears outside of the Suh/Fairley/Young/Ansah front four.

KaYotiX

Banned
I keep thinking on how much Rodgers would of picked apart the bears with that run game tonight...play action would of been beautiful

"cries" ..... what could of been.

I keep thinking on how much Rodgers would of picked apart the bears with that run game tonight...play action would of been beautiful

"cries" ..... what could of been.
I had a crushing moment late in the game where the Packers had the ball at midfield, I saw 3rd and 4 on the screen, and subconsciously went "pfft, no problem. Rodgers will..."

And then I cried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom