• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 16 |OT| Nobody goes 8-8 like the Buffalo Bills!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You expect a Lovie Smith team that is TRYING to tank to beat the Packers. Let that settle in for a second.

I'm not expecting, I'm hoping. Tampa Bays defense allows only about 2 1/2 points a game more than the Packers. Why not another upset special this week? I wouldn't put money down on it but I'm hoping it happens for a variety of obvious reasons. The Bucs beat the Steelers on the road.

That being said my main concern is getting a W this Sunday against the Bears and clinching a playoff spot. This is our 9th double digit winning season in 81 years now lets get in the dance. No one will want to play us.

Shitty loss on Sunday, but every good team needs a punch in the mouth to keep them focused. Let's hope this game did the trick. Tampa going for the tank means the final game will essentially be a division championship game, and since GB will still be far over .500 come Week 17, Stafford won't know what to do with himself.

You guys reckon Kas acts like a dumbass because it's the only way anybody will ever take notice of the Lions or is there something genuinely wrong with him?

Whoever is the Houston QB(Lechler???) in that gif isn't wrong. Everyone is blocking to the right...the back goes left. Who the heck is that idiot RB?

DarkFlow

Banned
Oh shit, cards seahawks is Sunday night? They must have flexed that, because I didn't think the cards had any this year.

Edit: guess its not, and also it turns out this is the first year ever they didn't flex a game in.

squicken

fuck football

At least my Colts will make the playoffs and lose to Denver or New England by 30 points

Really, don't care about the draft right now. But the offseason should be fun come Black Monday. Lots of coaches will be fired. Where does Harbs go? Will some team with a coach in place try and get him on the down low?

And the QB market will be nuts as well. Draft is bad for QBs and starting rookies looks to again be a bad idea. But there just aren't enough decent ones. Is RG3 cut? Bradford? What does AZ do? HOU? Lots of teams are just a decent QB away from making the playoffs

Slo

jay-cutler-jeff-george.jpg

oneHeero

Trent is going to fall short again :( maybe we should cut it down to 550 next year
He plays the soft run defense this week, he'll get it Fosho. Everyone has big games against the Cowboys. They prolly game plan for Luck and Trent goes off for 150 yds looking like college Trent.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
They really need to rest their starters in the final week though. Brady's getting up there. Don't want to have to turn to Garopililolioanea too soon.

They really need to rest their starters in the final week though. Brady's getting up there. Don't want to have to turn to Garopililolioanea too soon.

I hope the Bengals magically beat Peyton and that we beat the Jets.

That way, Brady doesn't have to get abused by your D in the last week. Even though he will still play regardless ;_;

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I hope the Bengals magically beat Peyton and that we beat the Jets.

That way, Brady doesn't have to get abused by your D in the last week. Even though he will still play regardless ;_;

Our defense is pretty dreamy this year. And we're missing Kiko. If we can keep the unit together in the offseason, the future is looking bright.

Godslay

Banned
Good job WW.

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks. Marshall and Trevathan out, LBs are down to rookies and Miller until Marshall comes back. Trevathan out for season. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Go Broncos.

Bowser

Thursday Night Snoozer
Titans @ Jags

“Wait, NFL Games on Saturday?
Eagles @ Redskins
Chargers @ Niners

Regular-Ass Football
Vikes @ Dolphins
Ravens @ Texas
Lions @ Bears
Browns @ Panthers
Falcons @ Saints
Packers @ Bucs
Chiefs @ Steelers
Patriots @ Jets
Giants @ Rams
Bills @ Raiders
Colts @ Cowboys
Seahawks @ Cardinals

Somebody’s Got a Case of the Monday Night Football
Broncos @ Bengals

brentech

God damn it, the Bengals are going to ruin another prime time game......just cancel it and give the Broncos the win. I don't want to act interested

jmdajr

Those garbage time TDs yesterday were killer. I really need this guy eliminated but NOOO..he had Ingram AND Jeffrey.

bionic77

God damn it, the Bengals are going to ruin another prime time game......just cancel it and give the Broncos the win. I don't want to act interested
Dalton is due for a good game.

I don't remember when he last played like a professional quarterback.

And while people are focusing on one person I think the Lions are actually going to be a very dangerous out in the playoffs. With their defense they could even win on the road. Yes their offense sucks but this same formula has won many of the recent superbowls. They don't need their offense to score 40, but if they can get to the low 20s they are going to win some playoff games and need some new banners.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dalton is due for a good game.

I don't remember when he last played like a professional quarterback.

And while people are focusing on one person I think the Lions are actually going to be a very dangerous out in the playoffs. With their defense they could even win on the road. Yes their offense sucks but this same formula has won many of the recent superbowls. They don't need their offense to score 40, but if they can get to the low 20s they are going to win some playoff games and need some new banners.

:kas

ShaneB

Go Chiefs. Win and you’re in. Steelers and Chargers are not easy games, but this season has been all sorts of unpredictable, 2-0,1-1, or 0-2 all seem possible. This is playoff football right now. I’m excited! Kinda sucks I got bumped out of the fantasy football playoffs in the Straggler league, but it’s back to watching football regularly and I could not be more relieved. Would love to see the Chiefence shut down Le’Veon Bell… but I’m expecting the worst.

Flying home on Friday, will be watching the final 2 weeks with friends and family, and I can’t wait. Absolutely phoning in these last few days at work until my vacation.

brentech

I don't think anyone refutes that this year, but their D needs to start showing up in the 1st/2nd qtr or it's going to bite them in the ass.

Most playoff teams are more consistent on offense than the likes of the Falcons, Bears, Vikings, who all took early leads before the defense buckled down. The Patriots ate that up.

Respect

With Smith as qb?

I will be pretty shocked at that.

I don't expect it...but it wouldn't shock me. Rex will have them motivated and as long as NY doesn't fall behind early, they can run on NE and shorten the game. When they throw, give Geno one read, then either check down or scramble to minimize his turnover potential. Their defense is good enough to keep NE offense contained, especially if NY is running the ball well.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
When did he beat a .500 team this year? They beat the Vikings, Bucs and Bears the last three weeks. Oh, they're going to the Superb Owl now.

:jnc :kas

It doesn't matter what .500 teams we've beaten. We have played the schedule that was given to us and there is no one team that is head and shoulders above the rest.

The one game we legitimately got our asses kicked was against the Patriots and a couple of dropped passes turn into completetions that game and the game is completely different. We wouldn't see the Patriots anyway until a hypothetical Super Bowl rematch.

And any good QB can be nullified by the pass rush and this Lions defensive front 7 is historically great statistically (against the run) and in terms of talent.

BTW we could still easily get the #1 seed and the Packers could still miss the playoffs even if they beat the Bucs.

All in all a great weekend. Packers, Bears, Vikings lost and we are the #2 seed in the NFC and one win away from clinching a playoff spot.

Top Bottom