• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2016 Week 6 - I'm Going to Go Home and Sleep With My Wife

BigAT

q7RtO2P.jpg

It's a dark and stormy night. Something foul is afoot. You must find out who is responsible for murdering Mr. Boddy of Tudor Mansion.

In order to discover the murderer, you must interrogate a unique cast of characters, including:

The Good

CIrZJTM.jpg

FGYEH75.jpg

9KBZsLT.jpg

The Bad

9uiSGZG.jpg

and The Eagles

rkH8A9n.jpg

4avPmty.jpg

Featuring the Minnesota Vikings as Mr. Boddy:

NbIn8My.jpg
v9jObvP.jpg
dzL7Aji.jpg

Week 6 Schedule

yjdf1tS.png

This week's thread is proudly sponsored by the official vehicle of NFLGAF:

jfAW4Rm.gif

cdyhybrid

Fuck the Pats.

Go Hawks.

I hope our scrappy little squad of underdogs can just make it a game against the Falcon juggernaut!

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2016/week-5-dvoa-ratings

RG Zack Martin, DAL (FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS HERO): No sacks or hurries allowed; helped Dallas RB gain 7.95 yards per carry with 57 percent success rate

manzieljerry.gif

"I want you to know that almost as I was handing in the card, it was that close to putting that Manziel card in. It was that close," Jones told NFL Media's Rich Eisen and Michael Irvin from Cowboys camp in Oxnard, California.

"But Manziel is special. I know him personally. I know that he is going to be a success in the National Football League. And it was a hard decision. And it is one that I will probably for the rest of my career think about."

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
SNF is killing themselves for being unable to get either Dallas/Packers or Atlanta/Seattle.

The fact that we have to choose between those two at the same time and watch some AFC South bullshit instead is criminal

Hindl

Excellent thread.

Go Iggles

Also

Mike GarafoloVerified account
‏@MikeGarafolo
Sources: Eagles will start rookie Halapoulivaati Vaitai at RT and leave Allen Barbre at LG.

Good.

Good OP.

Bills vs Niners should be on SNF, but the NFL didn't have advance warning that

A) the bills might be pretty good
B) kap is starting

Zeke

Good job AT!
Cross posting from the old thread
Assuming he's good after the bye, who would you rather start against the Eagles? Romo is the better QB, but less mobile and might be rusty. And the next game is against the Browns. Would you hold him for that game to get back in or start him as soon as he's ready?
I'd rather roll with Dak and if he keeps racking up wins I wouldn't make a change. No doubt Romo is the better qb but the team is clicking and there is no guarantee that continues with Romo back under center. That's not a knock on Tony either just sticking with what's working for the moment. If Jerry is hell bent on bringing Romo back then do it with the browns game. Feed him a weak opponent and let him shake the rust off.

MechDX

SNF is killing themselves for being unable to get either Dallas/Packers or Atlanta/Seattle.

The fact that we have to choose between those two at the same time and watch some AFC South bullshit instead is criminal

You are going to watch every fucking minute of it and LIKE it.

For real. They have the ability, so why not flex it out?

My guess is it could have something to do with this.

wH9hJG9.png

Hindl

Good job AT!
Cross posting from the old thread

I'd rather roll with Dak and if he keeps racking up wins I wouldn't make a change. No doubt Romo is the better qb but the team is clicking and there is no guarantee that continues with Romo back under center. That's not a knock on Tony either just sticking with what's working for the moment. If Jerry is hell bent on bringing Romo back then do it with the browns game. Feed him a weak opponent and let him shake the rust off.

Makes sense, may as well stick with the hot hand. Also I'm looking forward to the Dak v. Wentz rivalry so may as well get it started ASAP.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
For real. They have the ability, so why not flex it out?

My guess is it could have something to do with this.

wH9hJG9.png

12 days ago the game probably didn't seem as horrid I guess!

Apparently they have to give nearly 2 weeks notice that they're flexing unless it's week 17.

this_guy

You're gonna watch two top 28 QBs battle it out and you're gonna like it.

NBC cant just flex any game they want. CBS and Fox can protect games of their choosing.

According to Wiki, they can only protect games during weeks 11-16 and even then not more than one per week. Both the aforementioned games are on Fox, so a better game still could have been flexed in.

Today was technically the deadline for PIT/NE to be flexed into Sunday night, so we won't be seeing that either. Instead we get SEA/ARI.

Jarnet87

BUCS-FAN-AGONY.gif

This is what it felt like for the good majority of 3+ hours.

But then Aguayo the redeemer saved us.

Bless us football gods, for we Buc fans can take a week off and enjoy the victory before torturing ourselves in 2 Sundays.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
According to Wiki, they can only protect games during weeks 11-16 and even then not more than one per week. Both the aforementioned games are on Fox, so a better game still could have been flexed in.

Today was technically the deadline for PIT/NE to be flexed into Sunday night, so we won't be seeing that either. Instead we get SEA/ARI.

Nbc cannot flex a game every week. Additionally, they are limited I believe to only two flex games prior to week 10.

squicken

Great OP. Great movie

Wadsworth: But, he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared.

Mrs. White: But that was his job. He was an illusionist.

Wadsworth: But he never reappeared!

Mrs. White: [admittedly] He wasn't a very good illusionist.

This week's games kinda suck, but next week has NE-PIT and MIN-PHI.

MechDX

I just think its quite funny you fucks have to watch Colts @ Texans on SNF. Enjoy the Shitbowl.

The game NFL GAF deserves

This week might be shit, but after that, week 7 Seahawks/Cards, week 8 Eagles/Cowboys, week 9 Broncos/Raiders, I hope the Raiders keep winning this game could be fun..

Nbc cannot flex a game every week. Additionally, they are limited I believe to only two flex games prior to week 10.

This week and next look like the best times to flex if they were going to, though.

The Steelers are probably the most exciting team to watch and their prime time opponents are the Redskins, Colts, and Bengals :/.

This week might be shit, but after that, week 7 Seahawks/Cards, week 8 Eagles/Cowboys, week 9 Broncos/Raiders, I hope the Raiders keep winning this game could be fun..

Good chance we'll be 7-1 for that game. If we can get past the Chefs, then we have two easy games against the gatas and the aquayos.

Top Bottom