• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

I honestly haven't had much time to watch him. His numbers have been pedestrian, but our OLine has been terrible. I think he and Bradford will be getting blown up all season.
That would suck I have high hopes for him. Dude could kill it in the right scenario

Depends on who is the finalist 5 years from now, but he never stirred any trouble so he may be first ballot.

It will be interesting to see how his numbers stack up after 5 more years of these insane passing offenses. He's currently 9th all time in receptions and 14th in receiving yards, and he was never really one of the 3-4 best receivers in the league. The football hall of fame isn't exactly a small hall, so I guess that helps his chances.

RBH

Was that you in the restroom at the urinal butt naked

Was that u tryna get a peak

OnMV9dj.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Thrones talk:

Oh fuck

I wish they'd spent 3 episodes north of the wall. Just talking shit and getting in adventures.

Gobias and Hindl are doodoo heads

Gobias

Banned
The action was good but the writing was god-awful and so much contrived bullshit happened

Kind of felt the direction was off too. Someone like Miguel Sapochnik might have been able to make it work and set everything up better.

Also both the writing and acting for Arya is so bad right now. Like I'm fine with taking her in that sort of direction, but jesus

That said all will be forgiven if we get some hot incest fucking on top of a dragon

Thrones talk:

Oh fuck

I wish they'd spent 3 episodes north of the wall. Just talking shit and getting in adventures.

Gobias and Hindl are doodoo heads
Thrones Talk:
oh fuck

id sign up for a buddy cop show with all of them

Arya was being the worst, is team Night King a thing? Asking for a friend

Hindl

Kind of felt the direction was off too. Someone like Miguel Sapochnik might have been able to make it work and set everything up better.

Also both the writing and acting for Arya is so bad right now. Like I'm fine with taking her in that sort of direction, but jesus

That said all will be forgiven if we get some hot incest fucking on top of a dragon

Yeah
fuck everything happening in Winterfell. Arya's being a dumb idiot

For me though regarding the other stuff
I haven't really minded the "teleporting" that happens in the show, but this episode was too much. The army surrounds them on the island maybe 5 realtime minutes after Gendry leaves. Gendry, who's never even seen snow before, let alone be beyond the wall, somehow not only makes it back to the Wall, but makes it back specifically to Eastwatch, they send ravens, and the dragons fly up to find exactly where they are, all while they're all just chilling on the island?

And this is the far north, all of that shit should be permafrost, there should be no water anyway. And the direction was pretty bad, I agree. The second shit started going all slow for Jon, I felt no tension, I was just waiting for when they do the cut to the dragons burning shit. And Jon is dragged under water for what must've been a half hour considering the army had mostly cleared out, but he's fine. Just too much shit happened perfectly. The show used to have plausible explanations for its asspulls, but now it feels like they just went 'fuck it'

The worst argument in shows are about time. Do people really care how long it takes to get somewhere?
I normally don't, but that was horrendous
Thrones Talk:3.
Arya was being the worst, is team Night King a thing? Asking for a friend
I want to join that team too

Gobias

Banned
The worst argument in shows are about time. Do people really care how long it takes to get somewhere?

The writing was so needlessly bad. It was a death of a million cuts that could have easily been changed.

Why was Jon just continuing to kill zombies for no reason and moving further away from Dany. What the fuck was he doing. Him being dragged under water was pointless. It's not like there was actual tension about his fate. Who cares about Benjin, and there's no reason he couldn't go back with Jon. Why did the Night King not kill the Dragon that was just sitting there. Why did Sansa not question how Arya got that note. Why did none of them bring up Little Finger. How did they all survive when they were surrounded by thousands of zombies.
It could have been fine if they just thought it all out a bit more. It's just sloppy writing that could have been avoided. Like, they should have had Dany already on her way after that talk with Tyrion so the time travel wouldn't be as dumb. The staging for the final battle could have made more sense if their island was maybe higher raised or harder to get to.
Also there was no hot incest yet.

Hindl

The writing was so needlessly bad. It was a death of a million cuts that could have easily been changed.

Why was Jon just continuing to kill zombies for no reason and moving further away from Dany. What the fuck was he doing. Him being dragged under water was pointless. It's not like there was actual tension about his fate. Who cares about Benjin, and there's no reason he couldn't go back with Jon. Why did the Night King not kill the Dragon that was just sitting there. Why did Sansa not question how Arya got that note. Why did none of them bring up Little Finger. How did they all survive when they were surrounded by thousands of zombies.
It could have been fine if they just thought it all out a bit more. It's just sloppy writing that could have been avoided. Like, they should have had Dany already on her way after that talk with Tyrion so the time travel wouldn't be as dumb. The staging for the final battle could have made more sense if their island was maybe higher raised or harder to get to.
Also there was no hot incest yet.

Yeah death by a million cuts is a good way to describe it. Ignoring Winterfell, if any one of those things you brought up happened in the North, I would've been a little annoyed but whatever. But all of them happening? Nope. There's a way to make all of this stuff work well. This is not that way

Also the show feels like it went full fanservice mode. For seasons I've been reading theories about the NK getting a dragon, and then Dany and Jon riding theirs into battle against him. And coincidentally the other surviving dragon is the one named after Jon's father. And then when he called her "Dany" at the end, I couldn't take it. It's like the showrunners read all the fanfiction over the years and decided to cobble it into a script

Eleuin

Also the show feels like it went full fanservice mode. For seasons I've been reading theories about the NK getting a dragon, and then Dany and Jon riding theirs into battle against him. And coincidentally the other surviving dragon is the one named after Jon's father. And then when he called her "Dany" at the end, I couldn't take it. It's like the showrunners read all the fanfiction over the years and decided to cobble it into a script
Hopefully they can salvage it with some conflict between the two when Dany finds out Jon is a targ (and has more of a claim to the throne than she does)

Its been standard fantasy for a while now but if they just team up and fight the NK in S8 then its too much

Gobias

Banned
Thrones may be failing me, but Twin Peaks had
Kyle MacLachlan stick a fork in an outlet and another Kyle MacLachlan talk to David Bowie in the form of a giant talking teapot. This is doing itt

Bread

Banned
Thrones may be failing me, but Twin Peaks had Kyle MacLachlan stick a fork in an outlet and another Kyle MacLachlan talk to David Bowie in the form of a giant talking teapot. This is doing itt
Thank you David Lunch for bringing us Dougie Buckets

Gobias

Banned
Pls tag Twin Peaks spoilers for the latest episode, havent seen it yet

Sure, but what I said is pretty much nonsense, although I guess that's what Twin Peaks is so fair enough

For Game of Thrones, I really hope the ending doesn't just become everyone versus White Walkers. I kind of just want Cersei to to take advantage of the situation and kill everyone.

Hindl

When lynch brings out the Dougster 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼

This season is pretty much telling me to avoid anything these show runners make in the future.
Well you're in luck their next project is that Confederate HBO series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom