• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Training Camp/Preseason |OT| - If you don't like it, you should have made it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

expcn2f.gif

Fearless.

I don't think Boldin's gunna get in.

He has the career numbers to match guys from his "era" like Fitz, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, but did he ever really dominate the position? He had just as many sub 1000 yard seasons as he had 1000 yard seasons. He never once even made second team All Pro. He was typically the #2 option on his team throughout his entire career, and unlike say, Torry Holt, didn't put up insane numbers during any point in his career. He was just around a long time and never missed a season.

I'd put Torry Holt, Hines Ward, and Reggie Wayne in before Boldin and I don't think all 3 of those guys wind up in. The HOF is super tough on receivers, and when you look at the kind of numbers the generation after him will be putting up (guys like Megatron, Julio, AB, Beckham, etc) it's going to be really hard to see him sneaking in on a future ballot.

BigAT

Hope you guys like Goodell.

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is close to getting a new 5-year extension through 2024, per @dkaplanSBJ.

I don't think Boldin's gunna get in.

He has the career numbers to match guys from his "era" like Fitz, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, but did he ever really dominate the position? He had just as many sub 1000 yard seasons as he had 1000 yard seasons. He never once even made second team All Pro. He was typically the #2 option on his team throughout his entire career, and unlike say, Torry Holt, didn't put up insane numbers during any point in his career. He was just around a long time and never missed a season.

I'd put Torry Holt, Hines Ward, and Reggie Wayne in before Boldin and I don't think all 3 of those guys wind up in. The HOF is super tough on receivers, and when you look at the kind of numbers the generation after him will be putting up (guys like Megatron, Julio, AB, Beckham, etc) it's going to be really hard to see him sneaking in on a future ballot.

Boldin is more deserving than Hines Ward but Hines will get in just because of the non-stop wankery over his blocking. But yeah, Boldin was great but he was never spectacular enough to get the credit that he probably deserved

Hindl

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is close to getting a new 5-year extension through 2024, per @dkaplanSBJ.
Makes sense. His job is to take heat from the owners and make them money and he's done really well with that

BigAT

Makes sense. His job is to take heat from the owners and make them money and he's done really well with that

Yeah, it's always hilarious to me reading fans that are like "GOODELL IS DONE" after some shit happens, when the league is making record profits. As though the owners actually give a shit about anything else.

Boldin is more deserving than Hines Ward but Hines will get in just because of the non-stop wankery over his blocking. But yeah, Boldin was great but he was never spectacular enough to get the credit that he probably deserved
Ehhhhhh, idk. He went to the Pro Bowl 5 times, 4 times in a row, was all pro 3 times, team MVP a bunch of times, won two Super Bowls, and even won a super bowl MVP. I agree about the blocking, especially since he was dirty as shit about it, but it's still something that sets him apart from other players. I'll take a dirty overstated blocker over somebody who doesn't block every day of the week.

I'm not totally sure I'd put Hines in, it's iffy, but I'd put him in before Boldin for sure.

MechDX

Tom Savage has some serious haters in Houston. The kid has looked good while Watson has looked "ok" at times and basically terrible this past Saturday. Yet fans are all "We want our shiny new rookie QB to start!"

Unreal

MechDX

Slo have you commented on this:

Minnesota Vikings‏Verified account @Vikings 15h15 hours ago
More
"It couldn't be any better than coming here and staying in the home state." - Mitch Leidner
DHthDZoVYAEYj1Y.jpg:large

📰: http://mnvkn.gs/GgY495

Minnesota Vikings‏Verified account @Vikings 23h23 hours ago
More
We have signed QB Mitch Leidner and waived LB Darnell Sankey.

Definitive version of "doing it"

Draxal

Yeah, it's always hilarious to me reading fans that are like "GOODELL IS DONE" after some shit happens, when the league is making record profits. As though the owners actually give a shit about anything else.

KRAFT GONNA FIRE GOODELL.

I thought that logic was insane, when it was the other owners pushing Goodell to punish Kraft.

Slo

Slo have you commented on this:

Definitive version of "doing it"

That proud moment when your local small town hero leaves to find fame and fortune in the big city, only to return 6 months later to sell insurance.

I don't care if it's cliche, homecomings like this are what make America great. John Cougar Mellencamp should write a song about this.

BigAT

Dun Dunn Dunnn! MNF today, Americas team the Cleve Browns vs a New York team.

Where my boy BigAt at? Less go!

ge6rSpP.gif

I'm here, LET'S DANCE.

My boy Ereck Flowers is going to shut down future bust and anime lover Myles Garrett all night long. Going to be very embarrassing for the Cleve, not sure they'll recover. Very sad for them.

Spinluck

Not really surprised.

Lmao at his comments regarding the QOL of players after they retire. Guy is so full of shit.

Tall4Life

The Trump Adminstration always lies about everything except they aren't this time

lmao @ you marks getting worked

he didn't even spell Kraft's name right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom