• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
God bless America!

DKa6upeVwAAcC7D.jpg

brentech

Well he is better than any backup any team has. So if you aren't the handful of teams aiming to tank and to draft one of the top college prospects, there is no reason he shouldn't be on a team.

But in Minnesota's case they just lost their starter, think they are a playoff team, and Kaep would be the perfect guy to come in for 3-4 games to keep them afloat until their messiahs Bradford and Bridgewater return.

Most back up QBs are aids in the QB room. Kaep is absolutely not that guy. I honest to god can't understand how people can't put that together. He was a 1, maybe 2 read guy before tucking it and running. He's not going to help in there.

The only way he gets signed is to play the game. He's, what, 30 now? I think his only chance is long term QB injury ala Cutler to the Dolphins, but he didn't get that job because Cutler has familiarity with Gase.

CP3's turn:

Chris Paul‏Verified account @CP3

With everything that's going on in our country, why are YOU focused on who's kneeling and visiting the White House??? #StayInYoLane

Chris Paul‏Verified account @CP3 11m11 minutes ago

And I doubt he's man enough to call any of those players a son of a bitch to their face...

Most back up QBs are aids in the QB room. Kaep is absolutely not that guy. I honest to god can't understand how people can't put that together. He was a 1, maybe 2 read guy before tucking it and running. He's not going to help in there.

The only way he gets signed is to play the game. He's, what, 30 now? I think his only chance is long term QB injury ala Cutler to the Dolphins, but he didn't get that job because Cutler has familiarity with Gase.

It's ok to admit the main reason he doesn't have a job is because he's being blackballed. It's not the only reason, just the main reason.

bionic77

It's ok to admit the main reason he doesn't have a job is because he's being blackballed. It's not the only reason, just the main reason.
FMT the non-JCBS just want to stay on ground level and stick their head in the the sand and just pretend that shit is not fucked up.

We call it on the real, tell the motherfuckers to step back and then we escape it all on the rooftops.

And unlike the NFL kneeling is permitted and sometimes encouraged.

brentech

I'm not saying he isn't, but I'm outlining the only way I think he gets on a team - for football reasons, and there aren't a lot of those situations. I honestly can't imagine any team wanting him as a backup. So unless they decide to ditch their shitty young QBs thinking Kaep can take them to the playoffs or suffer an season ending injury at the position, I just don't see it happening for him.

Literally the only thing I'm arguing against is him being a backup. People seem to think he should have that role, I'm say no, he shouldn't. Starter or bust.

bionic77

I'm not saying he isn't, but I'm outlining the only way I think he gets on a team - for football reasons, and there aren't a lot of those situations. I honestly can't imagine any team wanting him as a backup. So unless they decide to ditch their shitty young QBs thinking Kaep can take them to the playoffs or suffer an season ending injury at the position, I just don't see it happening for him.

Literally the only thing I'm arguing against is him being a backup. People seem to think he should have that role, I'm say no, he shouldn't. Starter or bust.
If there was a qb convention and all the qbs in the NFL died on the way to it (for reason they all went on one flight) the NFL would rather put high school kids on the field instead of Kaep.

He is not playing this season and if I had to guess probably never again.

On the backup thing, I get that but I also think there are quite a few backups who I would be shocked to find if they were film savants.

By far the most egregious example of kap being blackballed is by the Seahawks. The offense is a perfect fit for him and wussle may not stay healthy with that awful line but Austin Davis tho...

brentech

On the backup thing, I get that but I also think there are quite a few backups who I would be shocked to find if they were film savants.

By far the most egregious example of kap being blackballed is by the Seahawks. The offense is a perfect fit for him and wussle may not stay healthy with that awful line but Austin Davis tho...
Watching Jared Goff on Hard Knocks last year was real enlightening. That dude is dumb as fuck. I have no idea how he has progressed, but teams will always hope that the young guys make a jump. That's another team I would have thought could have used someone like Kaep and gave Goff another year to learn, but maybe they didn't want him to be studying film of Kaeps style of offense. /shrug That's a legit thing, I dunno.

If there was a qb convention and all the qbs in the NFL died on the way to it (for reason they all went on one flight) the NFL would rather put high school kids on the field instead of Kaep.

As long as you aren't arguing that he should be a backup 👍
There are a couple teams that would immediately improve with him starting for them.

Is this because they let Blake Bortles fly the plane?

Yeah, I think there's a lot of truth to this. Someone like Scott Tolzien is a better backup than Kap if your starter is good. But if Tolzien will never in his dreams be a better starting QB than Kap. Because while he does seem to understand the game, he also sucks.

Note that 'starter is good' is a bar not many NFL teams clear. It's pretty obvious he's being blackballed.

Plus Kaep supported Castro....that wouldn't go over well in Miami, however Ross has already said he'd have no problem signing Keap

Top Bottom