• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

gutshot

DKvJ3mWWkAAuVQ3.jpg:large

The Cleve needs to protect their QB

neoemonk

I will eat a lot of disgusting shit, including cold leftover Taco Bell from the fridge...but a banana mayonnaise sandwich is just too far outside the bounds of acceptable taste. It's an abomination.

neoemonk

The Lions are often robbed by NFL officials.

However, as some reporter pointed out this week: the Lions live and die by razor thin margins so often that every time a controversial call happens it gets amplified one thousand fold.

Well, it is a game of inches

JABEE

It was a super close call and coaches can't challenge. That is why we have that rule in place.

Tough to blame refs for not getting that right since it's such a close call.

That's not a bad call, that is following the rules.

The refs did the right thing, but I'm saying the rule may be wrong.

The Lions could have gotten the ball snapped in 7 seconds.

I think it feels weird for a team to lose a game, because of a referee's mistake on a close play.

I'm not sure how you fix it though.

Last week I saw a story about Chargers tickets going for like $15. My brother in law wants to go to this Sundays game but all the tickets we are finding are super expensive. Does anyone know where we could find cheap Chargers tickets? I am dying to see an Eagles game in person.

JABEE

Last week I saw a story about Chargers tickets going for like $15. My brother in law wants to go to this Sundays game but all the tickets we are finding are super expensive. Does anyone know where we could find cheap Chargers tickets? I am dying to see an Eagles game in person.

I'm looking and everything right now is showing $150 or more. You may have to wait until the last minute for the prices to start tumbling down on SeatGeek or StubHub.

StubHub Center seems like it would be a cool place to see a game considering how small the stadium is compared to most NFL games. It's like watching a football game in a basketball/hockey arena that holds 27,000 people.

Im amazed the Vikings arent up there even with starting two QBs. Last year we would have been gunning for a top 5 spot.

They pretty much made improving the Oline the top priority. They have done an ok job so far. Only given up I believe 3 sacks so far on the season. They would have given up more than that every game last year.

MechDX

Nick Mensio‏Verified account @NickMensio 25m25 minutes ago
More
Fastest-paced offenses through Week 3:

1. NE
2. NO
3. SEA
4. LAR
5. DEN
6. BUF
7. TEN
8. TB
9. HOU
10. IND

(via @fboutsiders)

Fastest paced because their o lines are shit and the QB's are getting the ball or out fast or die.

MechDX

Everyone's going to focus on the Cleveland rookie being highest

What shouldn't be missed is the Texans rookie being in the top 4, having played 2 quarters less than the rest of the top 10

Week one:

Out of 48 passing plays, the OL gave up seven sacks, four quarterback hits, 20 hurries and 31 total pressures.

Week three:

This past week, the offensive line allowed just one sack, two quarterback hits, nine hurries, 12 pressures

Watsons mobility helps a ton. Impressed OB actually modified the playbook with a lot of roll outs, designed QB runs, fake reverses, play action to freeze the defense and make them respect Watson running ability. 75% of the inflated week 1 numbers were when Savage was playing

Hindl

Wentz was #1 coming into the week. Only dropped cause they actually chose to run the ball.

I am hoping at least 1 of them plays. Would be a huge boost.
If I had to choose I'd rather Cox. Kendricks did well enough stepping up for Hicks, even though if he's gone for more than a game it's bad. But Cox getting back transforms that DL from great to fearsome, and with the battered secondary that's important

Jarate

Banned
we're getting bad ratings because the NFL has set it up where if your team isnt stacked, you need a good qb to stay somewhat relevant. There's not many good qb's in the league, so like more then half the league has no chance of winning a title, and no chance of succeeding.

I'd be hard pressed to watch football if my QB was Jay Cutler

I'm looking and everything right now is showing $150 or more. You may have to wait until the last minute for the prices to start tumbling down on SeatGeek or StubHub.

StubHub Center seems like it would be a cool place to see a game considering how small the stadium is compared to most NFL games. It's like watching a football game in a basketball/hockey arena that holds 27,000 people.

Dolphin tickets went down to about 80 two days before the game, then went back to around 110 the day of.

Dolphin tickets went down to about 80 two days before the game, then went back to around 110 the day of.

Thanks guys I will keep checking.

What the fuck happened to him anyway?

He hurt his back in late-July and it's obvious that he's not fully healed from it. Considering everyone else who's hurt and/or IR'd, they didn't want to let him continue to rest because it'd be giving up on the season, but if he continues to play like this they're not doing shit in January anyway (and January is assuming the defense plays like the first two games the rest of the season, which I definitely wouldn't bet on)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
we're getting bad ratings because the NFL has set it up where if your team isnt stacked, you need a good qb to stay somewhat relevant. There's not many good qb's in the league, so like more then half the league has no chance of winning a title, and no chance of succeeding.

I'd be hard pressed to watch football if my QB was Jay Cutler

Just a few years ago we had a lot of really good QBs. I feel like the following teams dropping off a cliff hasn't helped:

Steelers
Ravens
Niners
Seattle kinda
Cincinnati
Colts
Chargers used to be very competitive
Bears
Saints
Jets were good for a second
Giants aren't what they used to be
Philly hasn't been as good

I feel like the list of teams that have gotten considerably better is much smaller.

Raiders
Cowboys
Falcons (but they've been in the mix for several years so I dont know if this counts)
Rams??
Lions
Vikings (to an extent)
Broncos
Chiefs

Jeremy Maclin
Mike Wallace
Breshad Perriman

Perriman was a first round pick, maclin and Wallace have been to the pro bowl.

They’re not a group that doesn’t have talent. Flacco just fucking sucks.

Maclin's concussed, Perriman came off an injury starting the season

Jeremy Maclin
Mike Wallace
Breshad Perriman

Perriman was a first round pick, maclin and Wallace have been to the pro bowl.

They’re not a group that doesn’t have talent. Flacco just fucking sucks.

Maclin is so finished. It is sad that he is still trying to hang on. I cant believe that Ozzie couldn't come up with anything better then him.

manfestival

I have a big problem here. The bucs are behind 1 week in football gaming time and jameis clearly hasnt been hit enough to be even in the top 10. what kinda garbage is going on here? is it because he loves to scramble? I mean there is like no trust for him for his O line

Top Bottom