• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 6 |OT| Fulfill Your Destiny

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
omg drama thursday.

to be fair you guys can be pretty fucking annoying, especially at taking things too far. Like sometimes the joke is dead, let it go.

gutshot

It's nice when you all have selective rules about shit. Pats/Trump fan? Harass away. Good natured ribbing about made up group of people on made up rooftop? Fuck that person.

I was making a joke.

The difference is BG asked for it to stop, so it should stop. Saying "just deal with it, bro" is a real shitty response.

Bread

Banned
It's nice when you all have selective rules about shit. Pats/Trump fan? Harass away. Good natured ribbing about made up group of people on made up rooftop? Fuck that person.
look i'm glad you think it's good natured ribbing but maybe you should consider that there is one other person who agrees and that person is yankee.

JABEE

Things are going well in The Land.

N0VBQsY.jpg

DeShone Kizer just liked a tweet saying ”The Browns are and have always will be the worst organization in the league

I was making a joke.

The difference is BG asked for it to stop, so it should stop. Saying "just deal with it, bro" is a real shitty response.

Then someone show BG where the ignore list is. If we have to watch our steps around ribbing people in an NFL thread then I don't want to see one more post making fun of any other fan base for the rest of eternity. I'm sure it gets old to all of us at one point or another. Somehow I have learned to deal with hearing "how many rings bro" from the internet on a daily basis without it ruining my life.

I get it, you think it's old and boring, that's fine. Telling people to shut up or acting like they are these big bad boogeymen for the same shit everyone does daily in this thread is just hypocritical.

cdyhybrid

Then someone show BG where the ignore list is. If we have to watch our steps around ribbing people in an NFL thread then I don't want to see one more post making fun of any other fan base for the rest of eternity. I'm sure it gets old to all of us at one point or another. Somehow I have learned to deal with hearing "how many rings bro" from the internet on a daily basis without it ruining my life.

I get it, you think it's old and boring, that's fine. Telling people to shut up or acting like they are these big bad boogeymen for the same shit everyone does daily in this thread is just hypocritical.
Come on breh. You don't see the difference between "Eagles have no rings" and "Fuck BG"?

Come on breh. You don't see the difference between "Eagles have no rings" and "Fuck BG"?

I don't see a difference between saying "Fuck BG" and quoting a pats fan and saying "Pats fans are the fucking worst people." No. I don't see a huge distinction there. Both are targetted attacks. One is popular and okay with people.

Frankly the worst part of this is that Bionic never even realized it was being taken personally. One goddamn PM would have stopped him, just like you all acting like he's a monster did in this thread.

JABEE

I don't see a difference between saying "Fuck BG" and quoting a pats fan and saying "Pats fans are the fucking worst people." No. I don't see a huge distinction there. Both are targetted attacks. One is popular and okay with people.

Frankly the worst part of this is that Bionic never even realized it was being taken personally. One goddamn PM would have stopped him, just like you all acting like he's a monster did in this thread.
Bionic isn't a monster. I like Bionic, but BG asked for it to stop. At first, I thought it was all a goofy joke. Bionic may have stepped over the line.

Draxal

yup! so i stopped bullying people in this thread.

In bionic's defense, the NFL is shit for him, his QB is a trumper, he hates the league politics, so why should he post here if its a negative experience for him, and he was unintentionally making other people miserable.

One is attacking the person directly "Fuck you" and the other is attacking a group of people, and in the case of Pats fans it's attacking the team more than the people themselves.

Don't want to pile on Bionic though, I'm sure he'll stop now he knows that it's a problem. He's not a monster like Dega.

Draxal

One is attacking the person directly "Fuck you" and the other is attacking a group of people, and in the case of Pats fans it's attacking the team more than the people themselves.

lets be real, this shit has thread on Gata personally for like 6 years now. I always thought Bionic was way to rough on him of all people.

JABEE

lets be real, this shit has thread on Gata personally for like 6 years now. I always thought Bionic was way to rough on him of all people.

We did thread on Gata for a long time and look what happened to us all. We are all broken and the Pats won* multiple titles. Even the Jags are looking good. Gata won.

Hmmm, that's fair enough.

From the moment the clock strikes midnight in Cleveland and ends Disrespect Thursday, we should all try to stop the personal attacks and strive to be nice to everyone except Pats fans and Animus.

Hopefully it'll stop lurkers from being scared to speak up in here.

gutshot

Pretty much. My point is that if we're going to selectively call people out for it we should just stop all of it. And frankly, that would make for a shitty sports discussion.

The rule should be that if someone asks you directly, whether via PM or in-thread, for you to stop shitting on them specifically, then you should stop.

Shitting on a team or a fan base collectively is fully allowed and, in fact, encouraged.

The rule should be that if someone asks you directly, whether via PM or in-thread, for you to stop shitting on them specifically, then you should stop.

Shitting on a team or a fan base collectively is fully allowed and, in fact, encouraged.

Show me a person in here who that if they were actually aware of the request wouldn't have stopped, like Bionic did when made aware?

Did this even need to be stated? Did you need to chase him out of the thread for a point to get made?

That big meanie gata has been trying to discount the Eagles many championships for years. I want him banned.

Bread

Banned
Show me a person in here who that if they were actually aware of the request wouldn't have stopped, like Bionic did when made aware?

Did this even need to be stated? Did you need to chase him out of the thread for a point to get made?
We asked him to cut it out and his first reaction is "if I can't post this stuff then I'll leave". This is not the first time it's been said so you can stop acting like it's coming out of no where.

gutshot

Bionic left on his own, because he claims he doesn't watch the NFL. That was his choice. No one chased him out of here.

FWIW, I think he's a fun poster and would be glad to have him in the thread. I do think the JCB stuff is played out. It's time to drop that and transition fully to the BBB lifestyle.

Top Bottom