• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 7 |OT| Kraft Money Rules Everything Around Me

MechDX

Dave Zangaro‏Verified account @DZangaroNBCS 8m8 minutes ago
More
I love that Andy Reid had two timeouts left with eight seconds on the clock and got to use both.

Pepiope

Btw. Why wasn't there a 10 second runoff to end the game on the Crabtree OPI? I thought an offensive penalty meant a 10 second runoff? I thought that was game.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
We lost? Yea I figured that would happen. Good thing we have a few wins to prop us up for now. Just get to the playoffs. Come back berry :(

Beach

Btw. Why wasn't there a 10 second runoff to end the game on the Crabtree OPI? I thought an offensive penalty meant a 10 second runoff? I thought that was game.
Clock would hypothetically still be running on Cook's play

Mark Davis looks like he just got out of an insane asylum

Fitts

GAF, I had fun tonight. Good shit. Tons of talent... need that leadership piece to keep us consistent.

That OPI was more blatant than what they called two plays earlier.

And KC had non-calls go their way too. Can’t cry over them. They happen every game.

GG, ChiefsGAF.

It's only penalties that could blatantly be abused to prolong the game. OPI doesn't count as one.

Quikies83

I can't face my co-workers tomorrow... ugh... gonna hear "Raider Nation" for the next year. Wayyy into the off-season... i hope you all enjoyed this.

Pepiope

It's only penalties that could blatantly be abused to prolong the game. OPI doesn't count as one.
I thought it was any offensive flag, but maybe since it was a TD, the clock was technically stopped? The clock was running right after the Cook TD. Maybe its just an exception to the rule.

The absolute worst run-off to end the game penalty has to be false start.

I thought it was any offensive flag, but maybe since it was a TD, the clock was technically stopped? The clock was running right after the Cook TD. Maybe its just an exception to the rule.

It only applies to certain penalties.

MechDX

Dave Zangaro‏Verified account @DZangaroNBCS 4m4 minutes ago
More
NFL's top records
Eagles: 5-1 (.833)
Chiefs: 5-2 (.714)
Six teams are 4-2 (.667)

fxxk7Bx.jpg

Hindl

If they called the the result of the first Cook TD where it ended short correctly originally, they play would've ended in bounds and the clock would've been running. So that's why there was a 10 second runoff. When the result of the play is a TD, the clock stops so if you get an offensive penalty there's no runoff.

Kakaroach

WHAT A GAME! I LOVE THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

That was entertaining as hell. Oakland saving their season is great and even more important that Cooper finally lived up to his name.

"Action to conserve time" - A team is not permitted to conserve time inside of one minute of either half by committing any of the following acts: fouls by either team that prevent the ball from being snapped (i.e. FST, ENC,… ING, IFP from beyond the LOS to conserve time, BBPass OOB’s to conserve time, and ANY other intentional foul that causes the clock to stop.

OPI doesn't ever have a run-off.

Top Bottom