• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Fox318

oIBiA.jpg

bionic77

Steelers after jakncoke makes one too many "the win is forever" posts. Time to start sanctioning the fans.

The Packers are owned by their fans so using that logic they are definitely next in line.

Playing for Coughlin seems to be punishment enough so I don't know what more Goodell could do to them.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
I expect even more teams to be punished for bounties. People are delusional if they think the Saints are the only team that does it.

RBH

I expect even more teams to be punished for bounties. People are delusional if they think the Saints are the only team that does it.

For the billionth time, nobody thinks that the Saints are the only team that does this. The Saints were just dumb enough to ignore instructions from the NFL and leave a paper trail in the process.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Nobody is saying the Saints are the only team who've done it.

They're the only team who have been so flippant and brazen about it. If other teams have been doing what the Saints have been doing then they'll be punished too. It doesn't seem like there are other teams out there which were so utterly reckless and demonstrated a complete lack of disregard for both the league and the integrity of the game.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
I'm one of the few Saint's fans that have no problem with the punishment,but I would like to see investigations into other teams especially with so many players stating they were involved with bounty systems.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Or we can ignore the info that came out that other teams ran bounties in the past such as the Titans and the Ravens. http://www.examiner.com/nfl-in-nati...nd-baltimore-ravens-had-bounty-programs-place

I would imagine it was common. Where is the investigation into other teams?

Have bounties been placed on opposing players? Absolutely. But it's more of a random thing than what the Saints were doing. They had a whole system running year wide, set up by the coaches AND accepting money from outside of the organization. I seriously doubt that anybody other than Greg Williams every did this type of crap, and if they do/did, they deserve to get perma-banned, also.

The other thing to remember, is that this was essentially 3 violations.

1. They got caught for running a bounty scheme. Roger Goodell told them to stop. If it had ended there, they would have gotten away with NO punishment whatsoever.

2. They got caught for running a bounty scheme, again. The same bounty scheme, in fact. The Saints front office and coaches just kept on keeping on even though they were warned.

3. They lied to the Rog's face. Told him they would stop, but didn't. Told them they weren't doing it, but were. This is the one that turned a probable 4 game suspension for Payton into a year, I'm sure.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm one of the few Saint's fans that have no problem with the punishment,but I would like to see investigations into other teams especially with so many players stating they were involved with bounty systems.

If other teams were told to stop by the league and blatantly disregarded Goodell telling them to stop multiple times, including lying to his face, then they'd be facing some severe punishments too.

Punishing other teams for a bounty system before the league office really cared about it is pretty stupid.

The league's not going to start looking for other teams to hit on this because it will just create a giant circus. You think they're going to suspend another 3, 4, 5 or however many head coaches along with general managers not to mention X amount of players? Plus, they'll never have the obvious proof that the Saints were dumb enough to leave behind. The message has been sent and that's the end of it.

JABEE

I applaud Buckethead's efforts to educate any outsiders on the ways of the NFL thread on NeoGaf. This thread is just one example of how the NFL fans on NeoGaf are a shining example of a welcoming community that promotes tolerance in all of its actions.

snesfreak

Banned
We need to work together to keep snes off the gaming side. Nintendo fans are in strong denial that the WiiU isn't going to be powerful enough for 3rd party ports from the PS4 and Nextbox causing some to act erratically.
And some people keep telling themselves that it won't even be as powerful as the 360, which is backed up by absolutely nothing and is a bigger joke than the Panthers defense.
Also, the 720 and PS4 will likely not be the huge jumps we've been seeing, but it won't necessarily be a Wii situation either.
I don't know, maybe Sony is still crazy and will find some way to lose $400+ per system again without the BR drive driving up the cost.

But basically, :jnc.

Rorschach

So from what I can gather from the last few pages... Baltimore Larry showed his shit and got banned? Didn't he learn from the last guy that showed his turd and got banned? Or the guy before that?

Narag

So from what I can gather from the last few pages... Baltimore Larry showed his shit and got banned? Didn't he learn from the last guy that showed his turd and got banned? Or the guy before that?

Nope. He's fortunate it was his first offense or it seems he'd have been perma'd.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
And some people keep telling themselves that it won't even be as powerful as the 360, which is backed up by absolutely nothing and is a bigger joke than the Panthers defense.
Also, the 720 and PS4 will likely not be the huge jumps we've been seeing, but it won't necessarily be a Wii situation either.
I don't know, maybe Sony is still crazy and will find some way to lose $400+ per system again without the BR drive driving up the cost.

But basically, :jnc.

Reported.

Also lower your expectations. It's Nintendo.

Top Bottom