• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
kYvXU.png

My friends, a new season lies ahead. Training camps have opened and we are a week away from the Hall of Fame Game. But before we revel too much in the promises of the future, let's look back at some of the big stories from the last 5 months. Here to help me with these special awards is Alison Brie.

The NY Giants won the Super Bowl, and for whatever reason, they haven't been the center of attention.
xSglN.png

WZ4z1.jpg

The NFL and the NFLRA are currently in a labor dispute. The referees are locked out and everyone should prepare themselves for some scab refs. At least for a couple of preseason games, I'd guess.
EbIpM.png

sP941.jpg

One team is always the bad boy team of the off-season. Usually it's the Bengals that lead the league in arrests. Not this time! The Lions win with SEVEN arrests.
JJQlj.png

66SRn.jpg

And, of course, there's 'Bounty Gate'. Drew Brees doesn't know where the evidence is, but by Tebow, he's gonna find it!
ACF8y.png

TxRL1.jpg

Lots of teams have new quarterbacks.
xHtJN.png

7BJW4.jpg

There's an award for being a round mound of touchdown! The only title that Josh Freeman will ever win, he has already lost.
8wkOL.png

7ty2V.jpg

FAN LIST!
1xMC6.jpg

DON'T COMPLAIN TO ME THAT YOU'RE NOT ON THE LIST.
Complain to Fox318, he made it!

Preseason Schedule

What to watch for:
With preseason games upon us, I think some of us should do a quick write up on the teams we follow. Most preseason games quickly turn into a morass of near-NFL talent running around lost and oblivious. While I'm sure many of us here tend to watch these games with an eye towards possible free agents, I think it would be more fun, entertaining and educational if we were to break down some of these games together. So, pick your team and write a few words on what everyone should be watching for, be it players or schema. When the rest of us watch your team, we will pay attention to the areas you cite and post our thoughts. Please try to include numbers with player names so it's easier to follow. I'm going to break the Steelers down position-by-position, but feel free to do whatever floats your boat. I'll link any write ups in the op, so they can be easily seen and read.

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons - Talon-
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers - Grover Cleveland
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns - Kave_Man
Dallas Cowboys - Zeke
Denver Broncos - Godslay
Detroit Lions - goldlion054
Green Bay Packers - Buckethead, Elfforkusu
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings - BannedEpisode
New England Patriots - Milchjon
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants - BigAT
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers - chuckddd
San Diego Chargers - Nightz
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks - cdyhybrid
St. Louis Rams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans - greepoman
Washington Redskins - mr2xxx

(If you wrote one up, and I missed it, don't be afraid to tell me to link it here)

All-22 degenerates:
I like to think we'll have a few people in here pouring over the new all-22 game film. Should we talk about them in the regular game threads or have a seperate one? Thinking about it? Info here.

IRC Link

Finally, a farewell to our dearly departed.
NsXyQ.jpg

Romo goes down late in the season and Neckbeard leads us to glory. Book it!

More realistically though I have a feeling that the Cowboys might make the playoffs this year, maybe even come close to winning a playoff game!

All-22 talk question - I'm fine with it in the main thread but I can see where folks would want it segregated.

Go Giants! REPEAT!!!!!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
All-22 talk question - I'm fine with it in the main thread but I can see where folks would want it segregated.

Go Giants! REPEAT!!!!!

I think it's going to depend on how busy the main thread is, for me.

I'm so damned sick of cutting out Alison Brie's head that I'm drinking on the Lord's day!

squicken

Great OP chuck. It's the eulogy snes would have wanted

and lol and hefty lefty. Fatford's got a long way to go

edit: All 22. We'll have to see how participation and reaction is once the season starts. I'm not sure we have enough people interested in that sort of discussion

squicken

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/70164/first-impressions-from-rams-training-camp

Quarterback Sam Bradford and running back Steven Jackson stood out right away. Bradford appears so much healthier than he was last season. He threw with accuracy and authority.

Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter
quick-hitters on rams: bradford looks SHARP; janoris is working with the 1st team & has impressed teammates; quick is a work in progress.

BELIEVE. except for crappy WRs

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
We must sacrifice some people to the mods to get snes back.

We of Browns-GAF sacrifice jdez to the mighty mods.

Top Bottom