• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Training Camp/Preseason Thread 2012 - A Farewell to snes :(

Hey, it's probably been asked a bunch of times before but what experience do people have with watching their team out of their home market? Last year I paid for the NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3 and a cable package with HD but this is expensive as hell. (Been doing Hulu Plus lately; really want to be done with cable packages.) Are they even offering Sunday Ticket on PS3 again this year? Has anyone tried a slingbox-type product to watch someone's TV from their home market? Recommendations?

Hey, it's probably been asked a bunch of times before but what experience do people have with watching their team out of their home market? Last year I paid for the NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3 and a cable package with HD but this is expensive as hell. (Been doing Hulu Plus lately; really want to be done with cable packages.) Are they even offering Sunday Ticket on PS3 again this year? Has anyone tried a slingbox-type product to watch someone's TV from their home market? Recommendations?

Yes Sunday Ticket is on PS3 again this year. Sunday Ticket is actually free for anyone who has DirecTV this year as well.

I have Dish so I resort to watching cardinal games on the internet, unless god shines down on me and they play a high market team and the game is televised nationally.

Drakeon

I think Sunday Ticket is really the only option, but as you said, it's expensive as hell. Not 100% sure they're offering on PS3 again, but I'd assume so unless it was explicitly stated otherwise somewhere else.

Bowser

After reading this, I feel much better about Medlock missing the 50 yard potential game winner in Pittsburgh:

Unlike Three Rivers, the playing surface at Heinz Field is natural grass. The field features underground heating to help the grass survive Pittsburgh's winter climate. As a result, the field is known for its difficult kicking surface; the only field goal over 50 yards was 51 yards, kicked by Pat McAfee of the West Virginia Mountaineers during the Backyard Brawl on November 16, 2006. The NFL record for kicking is just 50 yards, set by Jeff Reed in the 2006 season. In 2006, the NFL Players Association conducted a poll in which the grass at Heinz was selected as the worst grass field in the league.

http://www.heinzfieldhotels.com/about.html

God damn, what a shitty fucking field.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...-ticket-returns-to-ps3-launches-in-september/

It's $50 cheaper than last season but still a freaking ridiculous $299. I guess thats technically not bad if you don't have Directv but it's still insane.

How much is Sunday Ticket if I already have DTV?

I thought it was free for everyone who has DTV this year. I could be wrong though, it may just be for new signups.

edit - Looks like its 200 or 300. 300 package gets you red zone channel and access to the games on your computer, phone, tablet.

Ughh still too much. Guess I'm stickin with what I got.

I'm just glad they dropped the price. They automatically renew you on it and I was still debating to re-up when they started sending me invoices for the first $30 installment a couple of months ago. In the end I decided to keep it, but I probably complained if it was at the old price.

Top Bottom