• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFS Most Wanted Vita - Developed by Criterion, not dumbed down or cut content

Good to see some third parties actually giving a shit about the system. Since there's practically no chance I'm buying this on PC thanks to Origin I'd buy it alongside a Vita if it's competent enough.

Sony Cambridge isn't b-team :| :|

Cambridge is awesome they even helped with kz2

SCEE's Cambridge Studio is, sure as hell, NOT a B-Studio! >:-(

And Heavenly Sword (Engine/Graphics), SCEJ studios, etc.
They are god tier tech gurus!

*snicker*

Perfect, now remove the free roaming shit and I'll buy it

but...

Nfsu-win-cover.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow this sounds great. Will consider the Vita version now.

CamHostage

Done and done, pre-ordered.

The article doesn't talk hands-on impressions or framerate, just that it's the "same game", but I'm brimming with confidence now that Criterion will deliver on Vita.

KalBalboa

Banned
This is pretty amazing news. So many big Vita games in a row- any idea if this will be day-and-date with PS3?

Considering Cross Buy si being "considered," that might be the case.

VanWinkle

I was so happy to hear this. I will buy it day 1 on Vita. Interested in hearing about a possible Cross Buy. But if there is just cross saves, I will be tempted to get both.

Iacobellis

Need for Speed should just be handed over to Criterion, releasing a new version every 2-3 years. It kept the Burnout formula fresh every time.

Sid

I was so happy to hear this. I will buy it day 1 on Vita. Interested in hearing about a possible Cross Buy. But if there is just cross saves, I will be tempted to get both.
Yeah,i think this should be added to the op cross save was confirmed by ea at it's gamescom presser,i'm pretty sure of that hopefully someone else can confirm

Hex

Banned
October will be brutal.
Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed Liberation, Persona 4 Golden, Pokemon Black or White 2, RE 6, Silent Hill: Book of memories, Ragnarok Odyssey, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Lego LOTR, Zone of the Enders...ouch

test_account

XP-39C²
If it is the exact same game (expected in my opinion) it makes sense why they do the cross buy thing (at least it looks like its happening).

October will be brutal.
Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed Liberation, Persona 4 Golden, Pokemon Black or White 2, RE 6, Silent Hill: Book of memories, Ragnarok Odyssey, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Lego LOTR, Zone of the Enders...ouch

That was easy :p

waypoetic

Banned
Cross-buy is "buy 1 version and get the other version for free", right? The Vita version is ~$64 where i live. The PS3 version is of course more expensive. I don't... No, it's EA, c'mon!

CamHostage

Wasn't it Criterion who gave us the excellent (albeit not as full featured) burnout games on PSP?

Pretty sure no, Criterion consulted and provided materials (and the two PSP games were made on Renderware) but actual development came to the much-maligned EA UK in Chertsey I believe.

EA UK was shit on harshly for "ruining" the PS3 port of Orange Box (not a great port, sure, but not horrible and it did receive patches, EA should have delayed it more or not done it as Valve didn't have its heart in supporting this version at the time and let it become the 'stepchild' project,) but their Burnout work was stellar. EA Games UK also did some of the Harry Potter games (Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix,) the beautiful-but-stupid Catwoman game, and probably some other stuff.

According to LinkedIn though, some Criterion guys jumped on/jumped off EA UK as part of the "EA Fusion" development initiative (which I thought was just an EA Canada effort but apparently other studios did the same split to try and get experienced devs onto portable games... *sigh* it's been a long road for portable gamers trying to get publishers to put AAA-effort into handheld games.)

well KZ:M is from GG's B-team/B-studio

Grrrrr....

Cross-buy is "buy 1 version and get the other version for free", right? The Vita version is ~$64 where i live. The PS3 version is of course more expensive. I don't... No, it's EA, c'mon!
I think cross buy means you buy the PS3 version and then you get the Vita game free. Not the other way round (buy Vita game then get PS3 game free).

Alchemy

I think cross buy means you buy the PS3 version and then you get the Vita game free. Not the other way round (buy Vita game then get PS3 game free).

Or there isn't a distinction, you just buy the "PS3+Vita" version. I don't see anyway for them to package a PS3 game with the Vita game without hiking the price to match the console version.

Top Bottom