• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFS Most Wanted Vita - Developed by Criterion, not dumbed down or cut content

waypoetic

Banned
I think cross buy means you buy the PS3 version and then you get the Vita game free. Not the other way round (buy Vita game then get PS3 game free).

Yeah, whatever, it's still alot of money. When Sony are doing it it's for cheap games, like Sound Shapes. This isn't a 10 dollar game either way/version.

If they can make autolog and multiplayer cross platform between ps3-vita then this might be pretty great.

Autolog at least is a must.

Being able to beat a friends ps3 race time on a vita would be the perfect use of this cross platform focus Sony seems to be pushing.

Sid

If they can make autolog and multiplayer cross platform between ps3-vita then this might be pretty great.

Autolog at least is a must.

Being able to beat a friends ps3 race time on a vita would be the perfect use of this cross platform focus Sony seems to be pushing.
Autolog is cross platform

Raonak

Banned
i honestly wasn't that intersted in most wanted before... but i really enjoy handheld racing games, (more so than console versions) the fact races are usually under 5 minutes makes them excellent pick up and play games. So ill probably buy it for vita.

cross buy would make it all the better.

Drek

Yeah, whatever, it's still alot of money. When Sony are doing it it's for cheap games, like Sound Shapes. This isn't a 10 dollar game either way/version.

Sony has already announced it for Sly 4 and Playstation all-Stars, standard retail game releases.

I'm skeptical of any 3rd parties jumping on board the CrossBuy program, but Sony so far doesn't look to be splitting hairs to save themselves some money with it, at least not yet.

Also, EA, congratulations. You just sold me your first day one purchase in a VERY long time.

VanWinkle

Where is it confirmed cross-saves are in? Because I watched the EA press conference and never heard anything about it. All I remember them saying was something about Autolog points being earned whether you're on mobile (iOS or Vita) or console. Obviously cross-saves weren't what they were talking about, since they grouped Vita and iOS together (as "mobile") and the iOS version obviously won't be cross-save since it's not the same game.

Sid

Where is it confirmed cross-saves are in? Because I watched the EA press conference and never heard anything about it. All I remember them saying was something about Autolog points being earned whether you're on mobile (iOS or Vita) or console. Obviously cross-saves weren't what they were talking about, since they grouped Vita and iOS together (as "mobile") and the iOS version obviously won't be cross-save since it's not the same game.
Shit so it was autolog only i thought they mentioned cross saves too....sry guys

NinjaBoiX

I love you Criterion. I really do. I also heard you are looking into Cross-buy. Please do. I'll love you even more.
First thing I thought. If so, day 1.

Of not, hmm, it'd be a tough call. Probably double dip to be honest.

How about a 50% off coupon for the other SKU? That sounds reasonable.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Will this derogatory B-team nonsense stop? Sony Bend = B-Team?... Guerrilla Games' internal second studio == B-Team? Naughty Dog... well... one of their teams must be their B-Team... It's getting tiresome.

Shouldn't we judge them based on their work? A launch game on the level of Uncharted: GA is nothing to crap on, it is an excellent showcase of PS Vita and a rightful Uncharted entry.

so1337

“This is a very technically ambitious thing to do - there aren’t any open-world games on Vita so far. To keep the world the same, to not make any compromises – that’s what we’ve done.”

Gravity_rush_US_cover.png

That said, I'm really excited for this. Criterion proved very early on they can deliever a no-compromises console experience on a handheld with Burnout Legends.

Will this derogatory B-team nonsense stop? Sony Bend = B-Team?... Guerrilla Games' internal second studio == B-Team? Naughty Dog... well... one of their teams must be their B-Team... It's getting tiresome.

Shouldn't we judge them based on their work? A launch game on the level of Uncharted: GA is nothing to crap on, it is an excellent showcase of PS Vita and a rightful Uncharted entry.

Who called Guerrilla Games a B team? Who called Naughty Dog a B team?

As for Sony Bend, they've earned that rep with me. I hated Golden Abyss. The level designs were terrible. Would never replay it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This is pretty awesome. Now I have a legitimate reason to double dip on a Criterion game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Agreed. And likewise, shouldn't we reserve judgement on this game until we at least see it? Great news, now lets see the execution

18-Volt

No surprise. NFS games for PSP were quality games too. Criterion themselves makes things even better. Now you know what to do next, Criterion. Burnout Vita of course.

Peterthumpa

I was thinking... could one buy the PS3 version without having a PS3, sell it afterwards, grab the money, keep the Vita copy (since it's a downloadable title) and essentially get the Vita game for free?

Wouldn't this be a nightmare for Vita publishers?

I was thinking... could one buy the PS3 version without having a PS3, sell it afterwards, grab the money, keep the Vita copy (since it's a downloadable title) and essentially get the Vita game for free?

There has to be some way to prevent this. Anyway with if EA goes for crossbuy this will definitely be nice.

Mario007

No publisher's on board yet except for Sony who'll make money back on memory cards. Also with publishers like EA there's the online-pass giving EA some money even from the resale of the ps3 version. I'd also imagine Sony would probably cut the amount they get from Cross-Buy games to provide an incentive for third parties.

Duffyside

Banned
This is great news. Kudos to Criterion and EA. If they Cross-Buy too I will be blown away. Embracing that initiative and giving us a Mirror's Edge sequel will make me love you all over again, EA, like I did for a brief four months this generations.

Alchemy

I still don't own this, and I've had my Vita a month. That's weird right?

I'm buying it next, demo was the nuts!

I just started playing it despite owning it since launch, backlog was too high. You're a horrible person for not buying it immediately and putting it on your shelf.

Game is fantastic

Dimorphic

This news just bought themselves two more sales. I was going to pick this up on 360 but with save sync I'll be grabbing on PS3/V.

Shows you how much EA dropped the ball with Madden Vita really.

Himself

Very impressive. My major concern Is that I have a hard time seeing where to go in Criterion's games on my 47". How tough will it be on the Vita screen? Or will it somehow be better because less peripheral vision is being used?

This news combined with the Cross Buy thing is really making me want a Vita.

I was thinking about this as well and thought maybe they'd tie it in with the online pass, but still the online pass is only $10, surely you can make more than that selling the new game. Not too sure exactly what they have planned.

Modified Frostbite 1 called Chameleon.
Pretty sure it's got no relation to Frostbite.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-needforspeed-tech-interview?page=1
Richard Parr: There was a lot of copy and paste from Paradise code where that code was good enough. Whether it's a new engine or not, it's at least a version 2.0 of the Paradise engine, not a 1.1.

The only relation to DICE in Hot Pursuit was suppose to be the world env had help with DICE creating it.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Really? Would you say the demo was misrepresentative of the full game? Because jf it's more of the same, but expanded, I'll be like a cat with a strawberry flavoured arse!

Play the demo 21 times.

You have seen pretty much everything Gravity Rush has to offer.

The game makes a great first impression with its stylized visuals, good soundtrack and novel gravity switching mechanic. Too bad the gameplay is boring as fuck and the main missions are, without hyperbole, among the worst I've ever seen.

8byte

Banned

I wasn't aware that PSABR or Sly were cheap games :p

But Guerrilla is B-Tier gameplay wise.

I think they showed with KZ3 that they can nail control and gameplay mechanics, they simply couldn't deliver on encounter design and narrative.

Top Bottom