• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Acid08

Banned
User Name Posts
Smiley90 702
19 & 21 623
Acid08 618
Red_Man 566
Coldplay619 492
Dastardly Jerks(rip) 410
Samyy 392
Kave_Man 382
Heretic 373
Quick 327

Wall of Shame.

...it smells like fart in here

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Patches awesome celebration from tonight:

q83PQW7.gif

Also, the incredible HNIC montage from before the Habs / Leafs game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVLHaXfbfqY

I'm also thinking about a separate OT thread for 24/7.

Too much?
I think so, help keep this place less cluttered.

Avs might get a Stadium Series soon, but I wish they could get in on the Winter Classic just to see them on 24/7. That and a new jersey.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
hey my title got used. and i didnt even make it onto the wall of shame

Having your OT title used is honour enough. I love that we're keeping the theme going LOL.

Let's do this. This is the month that will tell us whether the Canucks can recover or if we'll miss the playoffs...

Also, the incredible HNIC montage from before the Habs / Leafs game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVLHaXfbfqY

That's pretty great. Subban with the Fedora tho :lol

Hunter S.

I can hardly think of anything more white and Wintery than an avalanche. Put the classic up at 10,000 feet surrounded by the Rockies against the Wings and watch them gasp for air.

Red_Man

Pittsburgh and Philly, and now Detroit all having taken part in 2 Winter Classics a head of other teams is dumb. Spread the love.

ZeroGravity

After two months, the playoffs if they started today:

Toronto vs Boston
Montreal vs Tampa Bay
Detroit vs Pittsburgh
New York Rangers vs Washington

Phoenix vs Chicago
Colorado vs St. Louis
Minnesota vs San Jose
Los Angeles vs Anaheim

Still a long way to go but I'm curious if any teams out of the playoff hunt right now can get back in.

Toronto vs Boston
Montreal vs Tampa Bay
Detroit vs Pittsburgh

Phoenix vs Chicago
Colorado vs St. Louis
Minnesota vs San Jose
Los Angeles vs Anaheim

Still a long way to go but I'm curious if any teams out of the playoff hunt right now can get back in.

LA vs. Anaheim would be such a big deal here in SoCal*

*right behind basketball playoffs, baseball and going to the beach

Smiley90

Toronto vs Boston
Montreal vs Tampa Bay
Detroit vs Pittsburgh

Phoenix vs Chicago
Colorado vs St. Louis
Minnesota vs San Jose
Los Angeles vs Anaheim

Toronto vs Boston rematch in the first round would be pretty amazing. Too bad the Leafs aren't gonna make the playoffs.

I should be quiet while the Canucks are out of a playoff position too, fuck. Come on Wild and Coyotes, start playing shitty again already.

Toronto vs Boston
Montreal vs Tampa Bay
Detroit vs Pittsburgh

Phoenix vs Chicago
Colorado vs St. Louis
Minnesota vs San Jose
Los Angeles vs Anaheim

We would be so fucked.

I think it would be great if Toronto and Boston played each other again. Detroit and Pittsburgh would be an interesting series too.

ZeroGravity

Toronto vs Boston rematch in the first round would be pretty amazing. Too bad the Leafs aren't gonna make the playoffs.

I should be quiet while the Canucks are out of a playoff position too, fuck. Come on Wild and Coyotes, start playing shitty again already.
I honestly think the Leafs (or anyone in the Atlantic) would have to fuck up pretty hard to miss the playoffs. None of the teams below them right now are any good.

Maybe Ottawa if they can get their act together.

Also, aren't the match ups different this year? It's not simply 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7...I thought the first round would be inner-division.

ZeroGravity

Remember when everyone said the Sens would be at the top of the conference? Good times.
I remember pretty much everyone at TSN (and maybe other places too) saying they were the best Canadian team, with Vancouver #2.

Neither of them would be in the playoffs right now.

ZeroGravity

Also, aren't the match ups different this year? It's not simply 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7...I thought the first round would be inner-division.
Division winner with the most points plays the wild card team with the fewest points.
Other division winner plays the remaining wild card team.

Red_Man

I remember pretty much everyone at TSN (and maybe other places too) saying they were the best Canadian team, with Vancouver #2.

Neither of them would be in the playoffs right now.
Most people in here also picked them to be at the top. I didn't think they would be this far behind, but I didn't think they'd be as good as people pegged them to be.

Acid08

Banned
...really? Didn't think Montreal was anything fantastic. Though I haven't seem them play much this season.
Canucks are middle of the pack
Leafs are loleafing
Jets aren't anything special
Flames are mediocre to bad
Oilers are a joke
Sens are playing way below expectations

By comparison Montreal is doing pretty well.

Smiley90

Leafs are loleafing
Oilers are a joke

Canucks are middle of the pack in the West.
Montreal would be middle of the pack in the West, if even.

So... there's that. I agree though, Montreal is probably playing the best of all the Canadian hockey teams right now. Leafs and Calgary are probably gonna get worse as the season goes on, while I think that the Canadians, Sens and Canucks can all get better.... so we'll see.

Have you seen the OTHER Canadian teams play?

Fuck you smelly.

Why haven't you been on your PS4 lately?

Leafs are loleafing
Oilers are a joke

Canucks and Leafs will be fine I think. Flames are working in the right direction. That goalie is something special I think. Just needs to work on soft goals. Loilers. Sens could potentially be fine? I'm not sure what the hell is going on with them. Again, Montreal and Ottawa are the teams I've barely seen any tape on.

How do you think you guys are built in terms of a playoff run, Red?

Red_Man

Have you seen the OTHER Canadian teams play?
To Montreal's credit, they're second in GA in the entire league, and Price is statistically the 3rd best goalie in the league and having the best season of his career right now. If the Habs were scoring like last year and didn't go through a drought they would be among the top teams in the league.

Smiley90

Fuck you smelly.

Why haven't you been on your PS4 lately?

Had presentation on Wednesday, last exam on Friday. Two term papers due Monday and Wednesday. Busy week, I'll be back alive after Wednesday. (for a week, before I go home for weeks without my PS4)

To Montreal's credit, they're second in GA in the entire league, and Price is statistically the 3rd best goalie in the league and having the best season of his career right now. If the Habs were scoring like last year and didn't go through a drought they would be among the top teams in the league.

Exact same applies to the Canucks though :lol. We've been scoring like CRAP. This was the first game of the season we lost in regulation when scoring 2 goals or more. We don't get many goals against, we just for thee love of god can't score. We usually just need 2 goals to at least get a point. The problem is getting 2 goals.

Do you think Price is going to keep up that pace or has he been playing above? More a product of him or good defense forcing bad shots?

Admittedly, today was the first day I actually watched any of Montreal.

Red_Man

The thing that scares me is seeing how well the Habs are doing, and seeing how shit the East is, and Bergevin making a dumb move for a big name player to try and take the 1st in the East.

Do you think Price is going to keep up that pace or has he been playing above? More a product of him or good defense forcing bad shots?

Admittedly, today was the first day I actually watched any of Montreal.
It's a combination of the team playing great defense, and Price playing to his potential consistently. It's still early so he may regress, but Waites effect on both him and Budaj is obvious. I've never seen him play this well for this long of a stretch, and people laughed at me last season when I called him a top 5 goalie in the league. He's playing like one now, and there's no reason for him to falter, he's not playing above his talent whatsoever.

ZeroGravity

Could have sworn that I read somewhere that they're doing a good job or drafting. Or I could have imagined that.
They might, but you still need elite players to get anywhere, and they don't finish low enough to draft them. They're on the bubble every year.

LET ME HAVE THIS, WSOX.

I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW.

I SAY AGAIN: LOL JETS. LOL JETS, GOD DAMN IT.

My fingers are crossed for their relocation to Arizona.

Everything will be okay, Quick. Smelly will comfort you.

Seeing bettman relocate another team there wouldn't even surprise me anymore either.

They might, but you still need elite players to get anywhere, and they don't finish low enough to draft them. They're on the bubble every year.

And free agency is essentially a no-go for them because who the hell wants to play in Winnipeg? They should just tank now while those guaranteed seat contracts are in effect to get some good picks. :lol

Top Bottom