• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

They also started winning?

Okay? It's not too shocking that you disregard what I just posted and attribute it to that. I'm not going to change your mind on that being the cause, so there's no point in furthering this debate.

Winning helped, I'm sure. But people knowing the team actually in existed helped more, I would say. If you choose to believe otherwise, that's your choice. Not my issue.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
After Hours has been reduced to a few guys in a dingy basement, looking through a soiled issue of Playboy they found in a dumpster. Hardly banner worthy.
m8on5KD.png

kingslunk

Okay? It's not too shocking that you disregard what I just posted and attribute it to that. I'm not going to change your mind on that being the cause, so there's no point in furthering this debate.

Winning helped, I'm sure. But people knowing the team actually in existed helped more, I would say. If you choose to believe otherwise, that's your choice. Not my issue.

I'll admit that your fan base is strong when the numbers stay consistent after they suffer through a few terrible seasons, whenever that ends up happening.

I'll admit that your fan base is strong when the numbers stay consistent after a few terrible seasons whenever that ends up happening.

Yeah, I certainly hope we do instead of going the way of your fanbase in situations like that and ending up in the lower third of the league.

Red_Man

.... Mila Kunis? Seriously dude.
Seriously as in, "she's not that hot, why'd you post her?" or seriously as in "you're going to post Mila Kunis gifs and not even post the best ones?"

If it's the former fuck you, if it's the latter then I'm just warming this place up

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Seriously as in, "she's not that hot, why'd you post her?" or seriously as in "you're going to post Mila Kunis gifs and not even post the best ones?"

If it's the former fuck you, if it's the latter then I'm just warming this place up

Seriously as in "Do you seriously not know who Mila Kunis is"

kingslunk

I'm going to answer correctly for Smilely and say the latter.

Smiley90

I think you got me mixed up with Wsoxfan. Do me a huge favour and never do that again, thanks.

What? I quoted wsox. Who was asking for her name. I was talking to him. I have no idea what you're talking about. Unless you have him on ignore and didn't realize I was talking to him and not you.

Red_Man

What? I quoted wsox. Who was asking for her name. I was talking to him. I have no idea what you're talking about. Unless you have him on ignore and didn't realize I was talking to him and not you.
:lol I thought you quoted me for some reason.....it's pretty late here, I'll blame it on that.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
The only thing that can redeem this Oilers fan's season is watching another team collapse even worse. But which team?

It would have to be a team that gets A LOT of attention. So that rules out the Sabres and Panthers.
It would have to be a team that a lot of people expected to do well. So that rules out the Flames, Jets, Sabres (again), and Panthers (again).
Of course, a team closer to home and one that's Canadian would be most fun to watch fail. So let's rule out the Islanders and Blue Jackets even though they were expected to improve.
The Canadiens look solid and are exceeding expectations so we can rule them out.
The Ottawa Senators have been disappointing, but their fans aren't annoying so let's rule them out.
The Canucks might even miss the playoffs, but that's due more to the strength of the Western Conference than their team imo. Plus Luongo is so likeable these days!

Hmm.

The only team left that fits the criteria is Toronto. They get the most attention here in Canada. Their fans are annoying. Their management is annoying. A lot of people expected them to do well despite having horrible underlying numbers last year.

But will they fail? Well, they've been awful lately and have a tough schedule coming up:
- San Jose*
- Dallas
- Ottawa
- Boston*
- LA*
- St. Louis*
- Chicago*
- Pittsburgh*
- Florida
- Phoenix*
- Detroit

So maybe they will collapse! Excellent. Sigh... if only we could watch this collapse up close. It'd be great if we could go beyond the games, get behind the scenes, and follow this team 24/7 as the collapse happens.

That would be really something!

He's trying to be edgy with his creepy obsession with me, so he probably just jumped the gun.

Smiley90

how is that mathematically possible? are you serious?

... are you serious?

It's the Oilers.

Mathematically they can still make it. But I was outside just a few hours ago and didn't see any pigs flying around, so... no, they won't make the playoffs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The only thing that can redeem this Oilers fan's season is watching another team collapse even worse. But which team?

It would have to be a team that gets A LOT of attention. So that rules out the Sabres and Panthers.
It would have to be a team that a lot of people expected to do well. So that rules out the Flames, Jets, Sabres (again), and Panthers (again).
Of course, a team closer to home and one that's Canadian would be most fun to watch fail. So let's rule out the Islanders and Blue Jackets even though they were expected to improve.
The Canadiens look solid and are exceeding expectations so we can rule them out.
The Ottawa Senators have been disappointing, but their fans aren't annoying so let's rule them out.
The Canucks might even miss the playoffs, but that's due more to the strength of the Western Conference than their team imo. Plus Luongo is so likeable these days!

Hmm.

The only team left that fits the criteria is Toronto. They get the most attention here in Canada. Their fans are annoying. Their management is annoying. A lot of people expected them to do well despite having horrible underlying numbers last year.

But will they fail? Well, they've been awful lately and have a tough schedule coming up:
- San Jose*
- Dallas
- Ottawa
- Boston*
- LA*
- St. Louis*
- Chicago*
- Pittsburgh*
- Florida
- Phoenix*
- Detroit

So maybe they will collapse! Excellent. Sigh... if only we could watch this collapse up close. It'd be great if we could go beyond the games, get behind the scenes, and follow this team 24/7 as the collapse happens.

The salt is strong in this one.

Always pleases me to see how closely others pay attention to my team but get upset when they get tons of coverage.

Racism is what brings us together.

ALFIE RETURNS HOME!!!! Now to see if we can actually beat Ottawa this year considering every other team can.

Samyy

The salt is strong in this one.

Always pleases me to see how closely others pay attention to my team but get upset when they get tons of coverage.

Reminds of when someone makes a Leafs thread on the main board of HF and everyone in there is complaining how theres too many Leafs related threads, but that thread ends up having the most posts of any on the page.

I always laugh a little.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Hmm.

- San Jose*
- Dallas
- Ottawa
- Boston*
- LA*
- St. Louis*
- Chicago*
- Pittsburgh*
- Florida
- Phoenix*
- Detroit

Meh. I'll take it. There's nothing else to pay attention to in Crapmonton anyways.

Well, all that white snow. Racists!

Stet

Banned
Leafs fans sure are annoying. *actively wants a team to fail for no reason but to make himself feel better*

Only fans of shitty teams get salty over fan base shit. Like, it's one thing to comment on bandwagoners but 2 pages of bitching? Kingslunk saltier than an unwashed ballsack.

Prediction: Leafs 18-wheeler mode has been locked in; team will either be 9th or worse, or will have a new coach by month's end.

Osorio

Was at the game last night.

First win I saw in person. I hope it's not because I was sober.

Even worse, my section was filled with families. The only bright spot to that was when they put best facial hair on the jumbotron. Everyone in my section thought I'd be on it for sure. When I didn't get on there, some kid gave me his ice cream and told me I got robbed.

Thanks kid.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
God damn, that was terrific.

Also, bahaha at the Leafs last night and the complaints they had at Patches celbration, yeesh, who gives a fuck, it wasn't that bad.

They actually complained?

Oh man, that means they'll make a big deal about it leading up to the next game, even when everyone else has forgotten.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
They actually complained?

Oh man, that means they'll make a big deal about it leading up to the next game, even when everyone else has forgotten.

Haven't heard a thing unless he's referring to HFBoards then I dunno.

/shrugs

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't heard a thing unless he's referring to HFBoards then I dunno.

/shrugs

Just watched the video on TSN, apparently that gave the Leafs a "spark". It was only Carlyle that said anything though.

If you have to wait for Pacioretty to provide you with reasons to win a game though, maybe he should look into other ways to get his team going.

ShaneB

Yeah, I just watched the clips to verify my statement in case I didn't dream it or something. Looks like it was just something Carlyle said about Patches hot dogging, etc.

Quick

Banned
Leave wsox alone!

LOILERS. I need more of your salt.

Racism is all we need.

Equippedwithtowel continues to be my favourite member of Sens-GAF.
Would Rory the fuck out of Karen Gillan.

Top Bottom