• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Next two games are a home and away with the Devils. Kill me now.

We're playing Carolina at 10am tomorrow. After the trainwreck that was today. I feel ya.

I'm gonna pull a Desi and sleep in. If I wake up and we're only down by 1, I'll call it a success.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We're playing Carolina at 10am tomorrow. After the trainwreck that was today. I feel ya.

I'm gonna pull a Desi and sleep in. If I wake up and we're only down by 1, I'll call it a success.
Regardless of the outcome, at least you can feel better knowing your team isn't paying Jordan Staal $6 M for the next 10 seasons.

Exact same applies to the Canucks though :lol. We've been scoring like CRAP. This was the first game of the season we lost in regulation when scoring 2 goals or more. We don't get many goals against, we just for thee love of god can't score. We usually just need 2 goals to at least get a point. The problem is getting 2 goals.
Just saw this, Habs / Canucks have 74 / 73 GF but Habs have a much better GA, almost a a 20 GA difference. Habs are also getting some of the top goal tending in the league right now with Price / Budaj.

Canucks are middle of the pack in the West.
Montreal would be middle of the pack in the West, if even.

So... there's that. I agree though, Montreal is probably playing the best of all the Canadian hockey teams right now. Leafs and Calgary are probably gonna get worse as the season goes on, while I think that the Canadians, Sens and Canucks can all get better.... so we'll see.

Worse?! Monahan Giordano and wideman are on IR and we haven't been winning as is. I don't see how its gonna get much worse than it already is.

Smiley90

Worse?! Monahan Giordano and wideman are on IR and we haven't been winning as is. I don't see how its gonna get much worse than it already is.

I honestly hadn't realized the Flames fell to 26th in the league, I was under the impression they were still higher. Okay yeah, I don't think it's gonna get much worse than that. :lol Especially with the Oilers and Sabres trying to out-tank each other.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
ts9DOZY.png

I honestly hadn't realized the Flames fell to 26th in the league, I was under the impression they were still higher. Okay yeah, I don't think it's gonna get much worse than that. :lol Especially with the Oilers and Sabres trying to out-tank each other.

I still do feel like they're doing the rebuild the right way though.

Edit: fucking lol at off topic. Someone posts that people in a minecon video are "socially retarded" and shit, essentially insulting people who fall in the autism spectrum and when someone calls the OP socially retarded for being a virgin at 26, GAF gets in an uproar.

Why does it not surprise me that more people on GAF are personally offended by the second?

Smiley90

I still do feel like they're doing the rebuild the right way though.

Edit: fucking lol at off topic. Someone posts that people in a minecon video are "socially retarded" and shit, essentially insulting people who fall in the autism spectrum and when someone calls the OP socially retarded for being a virgin at 26, GAF gets in an uproar.

Why does it not surprise me that more people on GAF are personally offended by the second?

my ex's cousin has Autism. he fucking LOVES minecraft and he always gets excited when he talks about it. It's basically the only thing that actually makes him talk to other people. That and when I helped him build something out of Lego.

Fuck people making fun of that.

my ex's cousin has Autism. he fucking LOVES minecraft and he always gets excited when he talks about it. It's basically the only thing that actually makes him talk to other people. That and when I helped him build something out of Lego.

Fuck people making fun of that.

Yup. A few of my friends have asperger's. But it's okay to make fun of that. But 26 year old virgin?! HOW DARE YOU?

Wonder why so many posters take offense to that one.

Smiley90

Yup. A few of my friends have asperger's. But it's okay to make fun of that. But 26 year old virgin?! HOW DARE YOU?

Wonder why so many posters take offense to that one.

To be fair, that personal attack brutally came out of left field :lol. I'm not saying it wasn't deserved, but it was certainly unexpected. And just because they're being dicks doesn't mean you have to lower yourself to their level etcetc. Attacking a gaffer directly isn't the same as making fun of something you shouldn't make fun of, though both is bad.

Also, where's someone pointing out that it was obviously wsox being upset about an OT thread. :p

Wsox is upset about OT?

I for one am shocked.

there we go!

To be fair, that personal attack brutally came out of left field :lol. I'm not saying it wasn't deserved, but it was certainly unexpected. And just because they're being dicks doesn't mean you have to lower yourself to their level etcetc. Attacking a gaffer directly isn't the same as making fun of something you shouldn't make fun of, though both is bad.

Also, where's someone pointing out that it was obviously wsox being upset about an OT thread. :p

I think Red is off the case and finally just ignored me instead of bitching since he didn't field any of my legitimate questions about the Habs.

I didn't see it as an attack with malicious intent as much as a "hey, how do you like it?" thing.

Wsox is upset about OT?

I for one am shocked.

middle-finger.gif

kingslunk

Right. Every Hawks fan jumped on the bandwagon.

Luckily enough for you, your fanbase won't have that problem any time soon.

My bad, fair weather fans would be a more appropriate phrase.

Rank Team Arena Average ▼ % Capacity # Games Total

Blackhawks 2006
29 Chicago Blackhawks United Center 12,727 64.5% 41 521,809

Stars 2013
21 Dallas Stars American Airlines Center 17,063 92.1% 24 409,521 (This was the short season)

My bad, fair weather fans would be a more appropriate phrase.

Rank Team Arena Average ▼ % Capacity # Games Total

Blackhawks 2006
29 Chicago Blackhawks United Center 12,727 64.5% 41 521,809

Stars 2013
21 Dallas Stars American Airlines Center 17,063 92.1% 24 409,521

You should spend some time researching how our market's blackout rules used to be before trying to talk shit and looking like an idiot.

Acting like being 21st in attendance is something to be proud of is certainly something else too, I'll give you that.

Red_Man

I miss Marvie giving it to Wsoxfan on a regular basis. And legit After Hours.

kingslunk

You should spend some time researching how our market's blackout rules used to be before trying to talk shit and looking like an idiot.

Nice ad hominem.

Blackout rules affect stadium attendance? You can be blacked out from the stadium?

edit: Generally blackouts happen in sports because of low attendance lolol.

TUSR

Banned
Nice ad hominem.

Blackout rules affect stadium attendance? You can be blacked out from the stadium?

edit: Generally blackouts happen in sports because of low attendance lolol.

dude you cant call people hominems these days, its insentivie

Nice ad hominem.

When no one knows the team exists because of draconian blackout politics that "Dollar Bill" Wirtz used to impose on the team, yes, it does affect attendance. Especially when the sports market is saturated with an NFL team, 2 MLB teams, an NBA team (all with embedded, huge fan bases) and 2 AHL teams, along with a few minor league baseball teams.

Hockey fans were niche then. I would be lucky to find another Hawks fan, even in the city itself.

Wirtz died and the other Wirtz comes in and does away with the stupid as shit policies and the attendance starts going up as awareness about the team does. Shocking.

Red_Man

As long as we live, it will live on.

On that note, I wonder if Dubbed has been eaten by alligators.
Busy scouting the top 5 picks from this draft just in case the team ahead of the Panthers pick his favourite player again.

dude you cant call people hominems these days, its insentivie
Should I be angry or no...?

RC

Banned
I miss Marvie giving it to Wsoxfan on a regular basis. And legit After Hours.

After Hours has been reduced to a few guys in a dingy basement, looking through a soiled issue of Playboy they found in a dumpster. Hardly banner worthy.

kingslunk

When no one knows the team exists because of draconian blackout politics that "Dollar Bill" Wirtz used to impose on the team, yes, it does affect attendance. Especially when the sports market is saturated with an NFL team, 2 MLB teams, an NBA team (all with embedded, huge fan bases) and 2 AHL teams, along with a few minor league baseball teams.

Hockey fans were niche then. I would be lucky to find another Hawks fan, even in the city itself.

Wirtz died and the other Wirtz comes in and does away with the stupid as shit policies and the attendance starts going up as awareness about the team does. Shocking.

They also started winning?

Top Bottom