• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Foggy

Crooked refs hit Torts with an invisible raygun. Sad!

source.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm surprised Marner has lasted this long without an injury considering he has the body of a 15 year old boy

Yawnier

Banned
I'm surprised Marner has lasted this long without an injury considering he has the body of a 15 year old boy
He's an incredibly elusive player and he keeps his head up

But I get what you mean, with it being over halfway through the season I wouldn't be shocked if he is around 155-160 pounds. He weighed in at 170 at the start of the season.

Red_Man

He's an incredibly elusive player and he keeps his head up

But I get what you mean, with it being over halfway through the season I wouldn't be shocked if he is around 155-160 pounds. He weighed in at 170 at the start of the season.
That and the fact he's often their best player a lot of nights, I figured teams would zero in on him and try to be as physical as possible with him, especially considering his size.

Missed the game tonight but looks like Leivo had a good night. I'm really happy for him, he's been around the organization forever and I hope he stays in the lineup for a while.

I'm also scared to see what the team looks like if Marner misses time. He 100% drives his line.

imBask

Banned
#ButTheOilersAreMakingThePlayoffsThisYearAndHaveTheBestYoungForwardInHockey?

They do have the best forward in hockey, and he's good enough to carry them to the playoffs

Everything else is still trash and they're still laughable

also please don't compare Matthews to McJesus please don't

imBask

Banned
since my prediction game is
not
on point lately here's another one

Habs fans will turn on Julien a year or two from now. We're still in the honeymoon phase but let's not forget that Julien is a defensive, grit-focused, goonish coach

Foggy

also please don't compare Matthews to McJesus please don't

Matthews has 9 more goals than McJesus. He is objectively better. So is Nick Foligno. So is Cam Atkinson. It's like having two better versions of McJesus on the same team. Stats are stats.

Sanjuro

not

Habs fans will turn on Julien a year or two from now. We're still in the honeymoon phase but let's not forget that Julien is a defensive, grit-focused, goonish coach

You received roughly the same coach as you did before except he is less of an asshole and players seem to respond positively.

Reckheim

not

He also won a Stanley cup using the same formula so its not exactly a bad way of playing hockey.

yyzjohn

Banned
not

A year or two? More like a month or two if there's an early playoff loss.

Solo

I predict Julien fires all of his assistants this offseason and brings in his own guys.

I also think Plekanec gets a mini-resurrection under Julien.

Red_Man

not

I'm not expecting run and gun hockey now, and anyone who is will be disappointed. I expect to see similar hockey to what they've been playing for years now, I just want to see the best players get the most ice time instead of this run 4 lines bullshit, and I want to see them hold onto the puck more. I'd also like see an actual fucking PK unit that does something instead of literally standing around.

I predict Julien fires all of his assistants this offseason and brings in his own guys.

I also think Plekanec gets a mini-resurrection under Julien.
JJ Daigneault needs to fucking go, I'm shocked he's still here. When he ran the PP it was bottom 5, now he runs the PK and it's like 28th in the league. I'd like to see Muller stay on, but he might get poached by another team.

Top Bottom