• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January |OT| Taking it outside, and other Winter Classic cliches

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

Pavel Datsyuk is totally the Russian male version of Kathy Griffin.
Nah, it's just that outside of Detroit people don't know anything about what kind of guy he really is. It's hard to decipher his broken english sometimes, but when you learn to do it his humour comes across. And it's even more clear in interviews translated from russian, like a few he's done with Puck Daddy.
Not long ago Don Cherry mentioned you as a player who hits people from behind, and that the Red Wings are a boring team. Can you comment on that?
He said what he said. It is his job to light the fire of passion in fans.
And actually you have to look at it all differently. I was shown on TV once again! That's cool! Whether they talk good or bad about me, it is still exposure. Thank you, Don Cherry, for promoting me

Who do you think will win the Art Ross trophy?
And what's that?

A prize for the most points in the league.
Then it is obvious. Art Ross trophy will take someone who will score the most points.

Not to mention his life story is pretty amazing. Like, perfect for an epic tear-inducing movie. Started out playing chess instead of hockey, mom died when he was 16, dad died without ever coming over the US to watch him play, he's been with the same girl since he was 18, found out he was drafted in a newspaper etc.

RangersFan

lol they took Girardi's goal away from him, watched the replay that was definitely his, Spezza didn't touch it, lame Ottawa home cooking on that one

That segment was awful, I was just starting to like the All star game a bit and these bumbling fools come on there and talks smack about it in broken english and half-hearted interjections. Terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom