• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January |OT| Taking it outside, and other Winter Classic cliches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

You guys have no right to complain with all the crap injuries Penguins fans have had to go through

Pfft. We were having our chances at winning a Cup and having the best player in the league on our team ruined by concussions when Crosby was still in high school.

If Crosby comes back for the playoffs and they play the Flyers in the Conference Finals and then in Game 7 Zac Rinaldo hits Crosby's head so hard he ends up laying on the ice in the fetal position and the Flyers go on to win the Cup, then you can complain.

506102367.jpg

506093717.jpg

Stay classy Sens fans

Cactus

Banned
Hahaha, that's actually pretty funny.

Almost as funny as the crowd cheering when Kessel scored at the all-star game and then booing when his name was announced. ROFL

Pfft. We were having our chances at winning a Cup and having the best player in the league on our team ruined by concussions when Crosby was still in high school.

If Crosby comes back for the playoffs and they play the Flyers in the Conference Finals and then in Game 7 Zac Rinaldo hits Crosby's head so hard he ends up laying on the ice in the fetal position and the Flyers go on to win the Cup, then you can complain.

I teared up.... that team.... it was SO MAGNIFICENT!!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hooray new Leafs rumours!

From Bill Watters:

Toronto and Columbus

Grabovski
Schenn
Kadri
Komisarek

for

Nash
Huselius

Merguson

Banned
Hooray new Leafs rumours!

From Bill Watters:

Toronto and Columbus

Grabovski
Schenn
Kadri
Komisarek

for

Nash
Huselius

I'm still waiting on Eric Staal to Toronto after Christmas trade freeze.

EDIT: Apparently Tim Gleason signed a four-year contract with the Hurricanes. I guess you can scratch him off the list of available rental players. Also has a NTC in his first two years.

ZeroGravity

Nash would be good on any team, but he makes a lot of money for a guy who's only been a PPG player one full season in his entire career...

Vinny's having a pretty good season this year. His numbers are actually better than Nash's. He's still got a few good years left before his contract makes him a complete albatross.

He's been crap the last 3 or 4 though. He gets over 7 mil to score 24 goals... I'd be more confident in Nash scoring 30 goals each of those seasons than Lecavalier.

ZeroGravity

He's been crap the last 3 or 4 though. He gets over 7 mil to score 24 goals... I'd be more confident in Nash scoring 30 goals each of those seasons than Lecavalier.
Nash's cap hit is pretty much the same...and I think Vinny's overall game is still better than Nash's. Lecavalier has really become our best defensive center now. He's also money in the playoffs...not that it'll probably help us this year.

Nash's cap hit is pretty much the same...and I think Vinny's overall game is still better than Nash's. Lecavalier has really become our best defensive center now. He's also money in the playoffs...not that it'll probably help us this year.

I guess, two seasons of him scoring those unbelievable amount of goals and then 24 and 25 goals after getting his payday just annoys me. Feels like he stopped trying as hard once he got his payday.

ZeroGravity

I guess, two seasons of him scoring those unbelievable amount of goals and then 24 and 25 goals after getting his payday just annoys me. Feels like he stopped trying as hard once he got his payday.
It's more injuries than anything. He hasn't really been the same since the Matt Cooke hit in 2008. He's had other nagging ones ever since.

Cake Boss

Banned
506102367.jpg

506093717.jpg

Stay classy Sens fans

First Sens fans are too quiet and boring.
Then Sens fans are too loud and classless.

So which one is it Leaf fans since for some reason this weekend all types of butt hurt happened to the Leafs fanbase. Oh god how dare we boo one of our divisional rival players in our own building, we cant boo them but Leafs fans are allowed to throw waffles at their own players, great fucking logic.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
We called up Joel Rechlicz who leads the AHL in PIMs. I don't know why we did this. Maybe Hunter is tired of seeing Hendricks get beat up. Aside from this odd roster move, I'm excited for real hockey to be back. From the look of this thread it looks like I may be the only person who didn't watch anything related to the ASG.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
First Sens fans are too quiet and boring.
Then Sens fans are too loud and classless.

So which one is it Leaf fans since for some reason this weekend all types of butt hurt happened to the Leafs fanbase. Oh god how dare we boo one of our divisional rival players in our own building, we cant boo them but Leafs fans are allowed to throw waffles at their own players, great fucking logic.

It appears you're the one who is butthurt, FYI

Frankly, outside of our quick quips, we don't really give a shit about any other team, or their fan bases - outside of Daniel alfredsson, no one individual or group is worthy of our negative attention

Cake Boss

Banned
It appears you're the one who is butthurt, FYI

Frankly, outside of our quick quips, we don't really give a shit about any other team, or their fan bases - outside of Daniel alfredsson, no one individual or group is worthy of our negative attention

DopeyFish
Crying on the inside
(Today, 03:09 PM)

Merguson

Banned
Doesn't mean he can't get traded this year.

Nope, but why sign a defenseman if you're going to trade him anyways? What's the last time a sign and trade occurred? And how often does it occur?

EDIT: I guess you could consider the Turris trade a sign-and-trade but still, I doubt Carolina would do it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nope, but why sign a defenseman if you're going to trade him anyways? What's the last time a sign and trade occurred? And how often does it occur?
Doesn't really happen in hockey but $4M is less than Gleason would have gotten on the FA market. Makes him more attractive if anyone wants him this year and means the return would be higher for Carolina.

DopeyFish

I think wisnewski was a sign and trade and same with hossa

They are very rare, though

Usually in the NHL for most type of sign and trade like scenarios, a team will sign a player through their current team for a trade to occur - that type occurs often...

Quick

Banned
I think wisnewski was a sign and trade and same with hossa

They are very rare, though

Usually in the NHL for most type of sign and trade like scenarios, a team will sign a player through their current team for a trade to occur - that type occurs often...

Isn't Kessel's something like that?

He was traded to Toronto on the condition that he will sign. I could be wrong.

DopeyFish

Isn't Kessel's something like that?

He was traded to Toronto on the condition that he will sign. I could be wrong.

Yep in fact the day of the trade a bunch of rumors came out because the two teams had agreed on price but leafs had to finalize with kessel

Thanks to the bruins and leafs for the delay as it made Eklund look like a moron "kessel deal is NOT imminent" just as the leafs were announcing the trade lol

Sharks signed Seto, but then traded him in the Burns deal the same summer, at the draft. However, I don't think their original intent was always to trade him.

Cactus

Banned
Sharks signed Seto, but then traded him in the Burns deal the same summer, at the draft. However, I don't think their original intent was always to trade him.

I remember reading that he was traded the day after he was signed. If that's the case, my guess is that the Sharks intended to trade him.

Acid08

Banned
The Burns deal, according to DW, was made available that day at the draft. Seto was signed with every intention of staying here but how often does a player like Burns become available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom