• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2013 |OT| Black History Forever

^^^ I smiled at that joke.

--------------

Was this posted? I saw this on HF. This happened after Ovechkin scored the winning shootout goal:

woocaps_medium.gif

lololololololol

It looks like that fat kid celebrating gif.

Heretic

Nope. Wings cause Stevie Y was my favorite player growing up, Canucks 'cause Seattle still doesn't have a team. I guess most people don't have two teams, but it's not that weird is it?
In other leagues, people get castrated for having multiple teams. We just compare you to Tabris which is far worst.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Sunday morning games guys. You will get an automatic win against Detroit. It's stupid. This team does not show up for these early games and Babcock is to blame for it. Wings will probably get get shut out for the 2nd time in a row.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
BTW Ericsson sucks so much ass. Fucking -4 already. Overrated piece of shit. I hope they trade him along with Filppula for something that's NOT Ericsson.

pringles

Sunday morning games guys. You will get an automatic win against Detroit. It's stupid. This team does not show up for these early games and Babcock is to blame for it. Wings will probably get get shut out for the 2nd time in a row.
Also 1st game after a road trip. Wings never play well in those either, so it's a double whammy.

That said, our forward lineup is ridiculously bad this game. Cleary, Abdelkader and Samuelsson in the top 6? None of them is even a good 3rd liner. We couldn't come back from 1 goal down with these players.

Curufinwe

Nope. Wings cause Stevie Y was my favorite player growing up, Canucks 'cause Seattle still doesn't have a team. I guess most people don't have two teams, but it's not that weird is it?

Sports bigamy is a little weird. But I'll admit to quite liking the Blues in the 90s up until they traded Brett Hull.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Samuelsson isn't on the bench here. Hahaha what a joke. I hated him when we had before, I hate him even more now. What a waste of a roster spot Kenny, you did really good there.

EDIT - LOOOOLZ

"Since signing a 2year deal worth $6M, complete with a NTC, Mikael Samuelsson has been on ice for 50 minutes and 47 seconds."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

LOL at Babcock singing this guy's praises all year while he's been injured. He's horrible and can't stay healthy.

Oh well. This gives Babcock and Holland the freedom to keep up the, "Look at all the injuries!" excuses.

Marvie_3

Banned
LOL at Babcock singing this guy's praises all year while he's been injured. He's horrible and can't stay healthy.

Oh well. This gives Babcock and Holland the freedom to keep up the, "Look at all the injuries!" excuses.
He can be one of your trade deadline additions too

Magni

Its not just weird, its against the law.

In other leagues, people get castrated for having multiple teams. We just compare you to Tabris which is far worst.

Sports bigamy is a little weird. But I'll admit to quite liking the Blues in the 90s up until they traded Brett Hull.

Well, I'll be a castrated illegal then, nah! The Wings are moving to the Eastern conference next season though, so it'll be different, they'll barely play each other so not as weird, right? Almost like having a favorite AL and NL team in MLB :lol

When Seattle gets an NHL team though... I'll have to make a tough decision.

Erdrick

Not that odd at all.

I'm a Jets fan for life, but the Wings are the team I cheered for when we had no team for some 15 years, and plus Yzerman and them were the first team I ever saw the old Jets play against ages ago in my first ever NHL game. I'd never cheer for the Wings over the Jets but I do have a soft spot for them and keep tabs on them. Thankfully, they and the Jets barely ever play so there is little conflict for me. I wish the Jets could have put up more of a fight in the one time they have played since the new team came here though...

I was very happy for them to have won those cups back a few years ago. Nice to end a longstanding streak. The team is heading towards a rebuilding phase of sorts now though, so Wings fans are going to have to get used to lowering their expectations over the next few years. Still strange for me to not see Lidstrom with them... I'm a big fan of Darren Helm, but that might be due to the fact that he is from around these parts. Kid's fast as hell too. It's been nice to see Howard mature into a much more solid goalie since Osgood retired too. A shame that I still don't have much confidence in their backup, but being a former Leaf player will have that effect on most people. =P

Babcock remind me of Willem Dafoe for some reason. Or at least if they ever made some hockey film, he could play Babcock based on looks alone. He's got that crazy intense stare on the bench and looks like he could kill someone with just looks. As opposed to our coach here in Winnipeg, Noel, whom I think is great, but most of the time I see him looking up muttering or swearing as the Jets take another bad penalty or let in a soft goal. I love his press conferences after though, because he tells it like it is, and does not go on rage-rants like Torts does on the NYR. (Still like him as a coach too, but for different reasons.)

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I live in Seattle and I'll still never root for them. Wings will always be my team. Though I will go to a shit ton of games.

And Gus is fucking awful. Just trade everyone and get real players please.

Really!? Fucking shutout is gone. Unreal. What is with these last minute goals they let up? They need to tighten that shit up...

Good win otherwise, but brutal.

Top Bottom