• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I await Brendan Shannahan and anything less than 8 games will be a travesty.
xgcBF.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I await Brendan Shannahan and anything less than 8 games will be a travesty.
Dan Murphy ‏ @sportsnetmurph Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#canucks Henrik Sedin says D. Keith said something to the effect of "I'm going to get you" to Daniel after Daniel's 1st period hit on Keith

If that second tweet is true then Dear God.

Revenant

Since Doan as a repeat offender got only 3 it's hard to imagine Keith getting more as a first time offender.

I'm okay with at least 5 though, Keith deserves to sit for that one.

EDIT: Tabris the Canucks have had their share of cheapshots on Hawks players, I'm not gonna sit here and act like this is the first time things like this have ever happened from either side when these two teams meet. get over it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
We need Dr. Rechhis opinion on the matter, looked like Duncan was merely defending himself from the terrifying Sedin.

Tabris

Just saw the replay of Sedins hit on Keith and it was just as bad as Keiths on Sedin. Paybacks a bitch :D

Paybacks a bitch? Concussion? Daniel Sedin had incidental contact while finishing a check. Duncan Keith fucking targeted his head with his elbow nowhere near the puck.

Fixed1979

Yeah, or maybe it's Henrik making up things to make it look worse.....

Something like......

Yeah cause he totally took the rest of the game off just to try to draw a suspension.

Just saw the replay of Sedins hit on Keith and it was just as bad as Keiths on Sedin. Paybacks a bitch :D

lulz You and Marvie are a good match.

Since Doan as a repeat offender got only 3 it's hard to imagine Keith getting more as a first time offender.

I'm okay with at least 5 though, Keith deserves to sit for that one.

EDIT: Tabris the Canucks have had their share of cheapshots on Hawks players, I'm not gonna sit here and act like this is the first time things like this have ever happened from either side when these two teams meet. get over it.

You know I'd have no problem with 5 and I'd probably be surprised if he gets that much. I know it's a fast sport and sometimes reactions happen faster than you can think about it...but if it was actually premeditated then there really should be no holding back in terms of length of suspension.

Anyhoo besides the final outcome and a bit more PP/PK then I would have liked to have seen, it was another entertaining game between these two teams.

Tabris

Name me a current player on the Canucks that performed a dirty hit like that on anyone on the Blackhawks while playing with the Canucks.

EDIT - The only player on the Canucks even close to that is Aaron Rome on the Bruins and he was just trying to do a big open ice hit and was just too late, and it was an unfortunate situation where Horton hit his head on the ice. There's not a single one where a Canuck targeted the head!!

Tabris

The Sedins are in a perpetual state of thinking they're soccer players. The slightest breeze is capable of ripping them in half.

a) That's Henrik. Daniel doesn't embellish like Henrik sometimes does to try and get penalties.
b) Henrik doesn't do that much anymore as he isn't getting any calls (Nucks in general aren't). Kesler is probably the biggest embellisher right now and he doesn't do it much.
c) Equating embellishing a call to CONCUSSING A PLAYER? REALLY?

He made some big saves but he didn't look good doing it. Still got the win though.

Well, I disagree. He finally is looking really comfortable and a lot of those saves showed it. He isn't overreacting and that is paying off for him. Glad to see him really turning on Turbo Save Mode. Team is starting to rally around it and win. Hell, only two points back of the Canucks!

I'll take it!

Marvie_3 said:
*cough*
i4ruivJeqI7fB.gif

*cough*

Haha, I remember that. My brother and I were in fucking tears of sheer awe when we saw him do that... such terrible sportsmanship. I personally love how he clutches his chest like he got shot and falls completely limp... so terrible.

Fixed1979

Where did you come up with this shit? Henrik =/= Daniel

I was making a point that Henrik's comment may be a bit of "sell job" after Keith's hit on Daniel.

I took your .gif to imply that he was faking the injury, not that Hank was embellishing on his brothers behalf.

EDIT: I guess that's what happens when you post .gifs that don't have anything to do with the topic at hand.

Revenant

He's chewing up and swallowing the WHL (dunno if he's still the CHL goal leader). How he's done recently? That all depends on how the Medicine Hat Tigers are doing in the playoffs right now... Might go check that out now.

I'm excited to see him play in the NHL for sure. Hope he pans out well.

Socreges

Banned
Keith's elbow was worse than Doan's given how he throws the elbow, the premeditation and where the puck was/wasn't. But Keith doesn't have a suspension history unlike Doan, so they'll take that into account. I think 4-5 games would be fair, but given Doan's meager 3 games, I'm expecting 3 for Keith.... or 2 to keep us on our toes.

..I like Hodgson, but the Sabres were also 8-3-3 before Hodgson. :)

What a couple of great months.
Just pointing out the disparity. I don't think Hodgson has much to do with the Sabres' recent success, although I'd guess he's helped. We've missed him, though. Hodgson is great at keeping possession in the offensive zone (which is good both offensively and defensively) and made our 2nd PP unit much better.

Marvie_3

Banned
He's chewing up and swallowing the WHL (dunno if he's still the CHL goal leader). How he's done recently? That all depends on how the Medicine Hat Tigers are doing in the playoffs right now... Might go check that out now.

When are the AIHL playoffs? I enjoyed watching the championship game online last year.

All of this prospect talk has me depressed about Joey Hishon. He might be small but he has heart and can score. May have lost the chance at a pro career before it even started though. :/

BUT LANDYYYYYYYYYYYYY
And to a lesser extent, Ellioooott

and Barriiiiiiie

Ok I feel better now.

snack

I just hope Daniel's alright. Even if he's not right now, I at least would like him to be ready to go for the first round. Losing him would be detrimental to the Canucks' playoff success.

ohmahgawd

When are the AIHL playoffs? I enjoyed watching the championship game online last year.

Our hockey season starts in winter, which is a month or two away (your summer etc). I'm sure I'll be spouting off AIHL nonsense in the NHL Offseason Thread, so I'll keep you posted :)

The AIHL really does make the ECHL look like the NHL. It's embarassingly entertaining/awesome.

All of this prospect talk has me depressed about Joey Hishon. He might be small but he has heart and can score. May have lost the chance at a pro career before it even started though. :/

BUT LANDYYYYYYYYYYYYY
And to a lesser extent, Ellioooott

and Barriiiiiiie

Ok I feel better now.

HAHA, I was gonna say, someone with Landeskog on their team shouldn't need to worry about their future talent ;)

I'm excited to see him play in the NHL for sure. Hope he pans out well.

Most definitely! But you know how these Major Junior guys translate to the NHL... Takes time usually (unless your name is Landeskog or RNH).

RC

Banned
I just hope Daniel's alright. Even if he's not right now, I at least would like him to be ready to go for the first round. Losing him would be detrimental to the Canucks' playoff success.

ohmahgawd

Let's be honest with ourselves. This team isn't ready for the post season, with or without Daniel.

Heretic

Our hockey season starts in winter, which is a month or two away (your summer etc). I'm sure I'll be spouting off AIHL nonsense in the NHL Offseason Thread, so I'll keep you posted :)

The AIHL really does make the ECHL look like the NHL. It's embarassingly entertaining/awesome.

HAHA, I was gonna say, someone with Landeskog on their team shouldn't need to worry about their future talent ;)

Most definitely! But you know how these Major Junior guys translate to the NHL... Takes time usually (unless your name is Landeskog or RNH).
Or Cam Fowler ;)

Tabris

Let's be honest with ourselves. This team isn't ready for the post season, with or without Daniel.

Let's be honest, this negative / disappointed attitude Canucks fans have is the second reason why Rogers Arena is so quiet. (other being expensive price bringing in too many corporate tickets) We need as a fanbase to stop this shit. Need to be more like the Jets fans. Cheer them on no matter what. The wins will come from that cheering and positive attitude. Be thankful for our team instead of always against them.

Shit like tonight should unite us against other teams, not against our own.

So the WHL playoffs haven't started yet, but Emerson Etem finished 7th overall in scoring in the WHL and 1st in goals with 61.

7 Emerson Etem Medicine Hat Tigers 65 61 46 107 34

1st overall was Brendan Shinnimin

1 Brendan Shinnimin Tri-City Americans 69 58 76 134 82

He's a Coyotes prospect :/

On March 2, 2012, the Phoenix Coyotes of the National Hockey League signed Shinnimin as a free-agent to a three-year entry-level contract

Or Cam Fowler ;)

His rookie season wasn't bad, but it was definitely a very good start of something special. The Calgary goal and Oilers 14 round SO win will stay fresh in my mind for quite some time.

Revenant

Henrik on Keith threatening Daniel "You have to ask Keith. He's a tough Canadian guy so I am sure he is going to be honest."

Henrik: "One of those hits where things were said before from a certain guy and he did what he wanted to and that's too bad.

More Henrik:"But they're the tough team over there and we're the diving bunch so I guess there's not much to say about that.

post game Henrik

no doubt, but I like what he could possibly bring to the Ducks, I was hoping the hawks were going to take him :(

Bob Murray must've slipped something in the drinks of every other GM at the 2010 draft, that's the only reason I can see how we landed both of them. Etem was meant to be our FIRST pick.

post game Henrik

He's really trying to paint a picture. "Tough Canadian guy", definitely emanating some Cherry.

RC

Banned
Let's be honest, this negative / disappointed attitude Canucks fans have is the second reason why Rogers Arena is so quiet. (other being expensive price bringing in too many corporate tickets) We need as a fanbase to stop this shit. Need to be more like the Jets fans. Cheer them on no matter what. The wins will come from that cheering and positive attitude.

I'm just keeping my expectations realistic. And based on what I'v seen during the past two months I see a team primed for a first round exit. We all can't share your delusional optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom