• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

I'm just keeping my expectations realistic. And based on what I'v seen during the past two months I see a team primed for a first round exit. We all can't share your delusional optimism.

WINNIPEG SE Home - 23-11-4 Away - 11-20-4

Suck up your disappointment and cheer on your team harder and maybe we can emulate the same thing you are seeing in Winnipeg or we saw last year. We stopped cheering on the Canucks this season the same way as last season and it's making a difference. When Bieksa says it's embarrassingly quiet, that's a big deal.

WINNIPEG SE Home - 23-11-4 Away - 11-20-4

Suck up your disappointment and cheer on your team harder and maybe we can emulate the same thing you are seeing in Winnipeg or we saw last year. We stopped cheering on the Canucks this season the same way as last season and it's making a difference. When Bieksa says it's embarrassingly quiet, that's a big deal.

That's because Winnipeg are just so gosh darn happy to have a team again while most of the Vancouver season ticket holders have a sense of entitlement that leads them to believe that anything less than 7-0 wins all the way to the cup is not good enough. Ergo, they're disappointed little brats while Winnipeg are the orphans who finally got a doll for xmas instead of another lump of coal.

Tabris

That's because Winnipeg are just so gosh darn happy to have a team again while most of Vancouver season ticket holders have a sense of entitlement that leads them to believe that anything less than 7-0 wins all the way to the cup is not good enough. Ergo, they're disappointed little brats while Winnipeg are the orphans who got a doll for xmas instead of a lump of coal.

Exactly and we need to change that. Be like me and be this kid:

n64kid1.jpg

DSP GOD DAYAM!

Exactly and we need to change that. Be like me and be this kid:

n64kid1.jpg

Your sense of entitlement is no less different than theirs.

Nice goal off the non-call. I'd be pissed if I were the blues.

I'd like to think of that as karma for all the bullshit non-calls we got leading up to our elimination. Situationally, it's not right, but in the greater scheme of things it seems justified.

What am I saying, it's not like I actually WANT us to win this game or something...

Child-like enthusiasm isn't going to fix the Canucks in their current state. The reality check is good for all teams, embrace it. Ignoring it only makes you seem like (more of) a desperate homer.

DSP GOD DAYAM!
I'd like to think of that as karma for all the bullshit non-calls we got leading up to our elimination. Situationally, it's not right, but in the greater scheme of things it seems justified.

What am I saying, it's not like I actually WANT us to win this game or something...

Yo dawg don't talk to me about non-calls. 6 games this season with no powerplays. Least powerplays in the league by far.

But I don't care, fuck the blues. More goals against them!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yo dawg don't talk to me about non-calls. 6 games this season with no powerplays. Least powerplays in the league by far.

But I don't care, fuck the blues. More goals against them!

BLUES LOSE CANUCKS' CATCH-UP EFFORT WILL BE REWARDED. oh wait.

Blues certainly have a bit of truculence to them... I can't remember them being this yappy or physical.

Also Blues are 37-0-1 when scoring 3 goals or more this season. Sheeeit.

Man, that was tense.

I'm glad that if we had to win we did it against the current best team in the NHL.

EDIT: Blues are now 37-1-1 when scoring three or more. YOUR TRAP HAS NOW BEEN FOILED, GENTLEMEN.

He was never gonna be ours. We gotta focus our attention on one of the other top ranked players.

I should really start paying attention to them first...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Man, that was tense.

I'm glad that if we had to win we did it against the current best team in the NHL.

EDIT: Blues are now 37-1-1 when scoring three or more. YOUR TRAP HAS NOW BEEN FOILED, GENTLEMEN.

He was never gonna be ours. We gotta focus our attention on one of the other top ranked players.

I should really start paying attention to them first...

What do the ducks need forward or dman? Top 4 forwards are Yakupov-Grigorenko-Galchenyuk-Forsberg then it's a few dman after them that will go in the top 10.

We've got this guy. His name is Hunwick, you've probably never heard of him cause he's our super sekrat weapon but we'd be willing to let him go for one Bobby Ryan. And your first round pick. It's a no-brainer.

Let me have a word with my contacts in the Ducks organisation...

*picks up a rusty can with string attached*

*slams it down*

They said throw in Landeskog and Joe Sakics' grass clippings.

Smiley90

NHL.com with the headline "Pens-Preds a preview of the Stanley Cup final?" just... no....

Did I miss something? What happen?!

Bill Daly was telling Steven Brunt and Bob McCown (sp?) yesterday that - if you cut out all his humming and hawing - the Phoenix experiment is all but finished.

Dreger's tweet is ridiculous. Seattle? Yea, I'd like to see it happen, but there isn't even a suitable venue planned yet to accommodate a NBA team, let alone a NHL one. Key Arena is a complete dump.

Vegas? Kansas City? My gosh, those names are still being thrown around?

Quebec is the only viable option for the league. I'd be shocked if Bettman manages to bungle it.

Also because Daniel's hit was very unlike Keith's, but that's a detail, right?

I didn't say it wasn't a filthy hit. Sportsnet always gets up in arms about every hit that's even borderline, and the fact that people are calling for 7+ games is ridiculous. Vancouver fans always overreact to everything, and so does Sportsnet.

It was an absolutely disgusting play. But 7+ games? :lol

Seattle? Hopefully.

I'd personally like Seattle, seemingly all the Canadians on this board would like Quebec though. But yeah, Plan B is discussing which city would be the most viable to host an NHL team.

Between either of those I think it's win freakin' win.

Don't want KC to get an NHL franchise...

Smiley90

I didn't say it wasn't a filthy hit. Sportsnet always gets up in arms about every hit that's even borderline, and the fact that people are calling for 7+ games is ridiculous. Vancouver fans always overreact to everything, and so does Sportsnet.

It was an absolutely disgusting play. But 7+ games? :lol

Tabris is calling for 8, Revenant and several other Canucks fans have agreed that 3-5 would be adequate, especially if the story of Keith saying how "he'll get Daniel" is true, and considering that it most likely WAS a retalition-hit.

Daniel's hit wasn't late, it was with his elbow tucked in and it also hit the body. Keith's hit was with his elbow OUT, the puck was like 3m above Daniel, and he ONLY hit the head, and with Daniel's hit from earlier malicious intent can't be ruled out.

So yeah, that's why Sportsnet only talks about the Keith hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom