• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Movember Thread of George Parros and his mustache tickles when he goes down on gi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck great goal. Right near the end of the period too. Gills been terrible this whole period.

Wilson and his assistant coaches have done a great job this season. I'm very impressed with the Leafs power play in particular. Boston is the Cup champion, they have a great team with incredible forward depth, a Conn Smythe goalie, and a giant Norris defenseman. This is a game the Leafs will lose no matter their coach. They just don't have the players to match up against a team like Boston. And keep in mind that in November they went on a 12-0-1 run (and I think their overall run, including their last game in October, is 13-0-1.

Wilson needs to go because he's done absolutely nothing in 3, and going into 4 years. The team right now isn't awful, yet even the most starry-eyed fan has to admit it's far from anything that impressive. Let's look at the last games the Leafs have played against the Bruins:

TOR (2) - BOS (6)
BOS (7) - TOR (0)
BOS (6) - TOR (3)

19 goals against in 3 games. That at least suggests to me that the coaching staff is wholly unable to adjust its strategies against a division rival. Not exactly the hallmark of a 'great job'.

And why not turn this around from the Bruins' perspective. The Leafs have a good team with a lot of depth in the forward and defensive lines, feature the 1st and 2nd leaders in points, and have 2 of the top 20 defensemen. Yet Boston manages to completely and utterly dominate the Leafs every time they play. You're telling me that in 3 games our 'great' coach has just been completely mystified by Claude Julien's jedi mind tricks? Even though Wilson is one of the most experienced coaches in the league?

The Leafs success is most definitely in spite of Wilson, not because of him. The most worrying thing for us fans is that a not-awful season in Toronto will see Burke offer an extension.

Red_Man

Huge save by Budaj I thought that would be a goal, and fuck a 5 on 3 time for gill to make up for his earlier fuck ups.

Red_Man

Fuck it was bound to happen eventually with our best PKer in the box for 4 minutes.... Budaj has been solid anyways.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't happy with some Leafs-GAF posters performance tonight. Rest assured they'll be changes to our lineup come Saturday night.

Epik -- be ready

I...I was listening to the game! Honest! D:

I thought we could've had it there, but it seems like Bos has our number. It helps they've been stellar lately.

***free bobby ryan!***

Red_Man

Apparently Cole paid for Leblancs parents ticket to Cali dude is all class. Also fuck this PP inc 3 scoring chances for the ducks.

Red_Man

Patches absence is really obvious, the team is missing the jump he gives and one of the only players we have who can seem to score at any time.

Red_Man

Ducks commentators are pretty good, and the players package is ridiculous a round of golf, dinner, drinks and tickets to a game for $116 :lol I'm so jealous.

Red_Man

That's game. Please get Martin out of here. Please don't trade every prospect and pick we have for Ryan.

MVPerry!

Ducks commentators are pretty good, and the players package is ridiculous a round of golf, dinner, drinks and tickets to a game for $116 :lol I'm so jealous.

Nice one. I don't think Haysie is all that good, but they are pretty solid. Don't make many outrageous comments, aren't terrific homers, fair in their commenting etc. And yeah, the xmas package was ridiculously good value. Wish I was local.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
That's game. Please get Martin out of here. Please don't trade every prospect and pick we have for Ryan.

Gomez for Ryan. E4

Habs fans dancing in the streets. Gomez goes on to win Art Ross with Anaheim. Biggest reverse fleece in NHL history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom