• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

It might be time for the Leafs to have one forward play a little bit higher on the forecheck ffs, especially since most lines have a license to create, and there are going to be some soft turnovers, and the d shits itself when it has to defend the rush.

Yawnier

Banned
Is it possible that the Leafs are worse defensively this year than they were last? On paper it doesn't seem like it but it sure looks it

They're not imo. 3rd pairing of Carrick and Borgman is better than a 3rd pairing of Polak and Hunwick. However Carrick is out of the top 4 in a more sheltered role now and Hainsey (Hunwick's replacement sort of) is in the top 4 so idk

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Price has definitely not looked himself to start the season, he seems to play a lot worse if he goes long periods without facing many shots.

They're not imo. 3rd pairing of Carrick and Borgman is better than a 3rd pairing of Polak and Hunwick. However Carrick is out of the top 4 in a more sheltered role now and Hainsey (Hunwick's replacement sort of) is in the top 4 so idk

I agree it SHOULD be better but I'm watching them like.... how is it so bad?

Seeing Alzner march in for a blast gave me Carlyle flashbacks.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hyman is really fucking annoying on the PK, I can see why Babcock loves him. Also Hemsky is pretty useless right now, don't really see a point in him dressing if this is all he has atm.

Top Bottom