• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL October 2017 [OT]- Kneelin' and dealin'

Solo

Montreal radio report :

all the callers call to shit on Price

On the one hand, he has been awful this year, so fair enough. On the other hand, he's the least of our concerns. It'd be a different story if the Habs were playing lights out but Carey was letting in garbage.

imBask

Banned
On the one hand, he has been awful this year, so fair enough. On the other hand, he's the least of our concerns. It'd be a different story if the Habs were playing lights out but Carey was letting in garbage.

Right now, i'm hoping he gets ran out of town. If you really want a rebuild that's how you rebuild

I don’t know. I just wake up some mornings and feel there’s not enough Auston Matthews coverage.

There needs to be an official app that won’t let you disable push notifications so you can bombarded with updates, an Auston Matthews channel showing highlights 24x7 intercut with the TSN crew fellating.

Actually we already have that. Just rename TSN to AMSN and you’re set.

Ristifer

I don’t know. I just wake up some mornings and feel there’s not enough Auston Matthews coverage.

There needs to be an official app that won’t let you disable push notifications so you can bombarded with updates, an Auston Matthews channel showing highlights 24x7 intercut with the TSN crew fellating.

Actually we already have that. Just rename TSN to AMSN and you’re set.
Just wait until McBust gets another goal.

rZXAumm.jpg

Cactus

Banned
For some reason, the Marlies website lists "Empty Net" as a goalie with statistics. LOL

Empty Net 4 2:53 2 2 41.62

(Name, Games played, Minutes, Shots against, saves, GAA)

I feel like I ought to have a deeper take than Nenshi winning being an objective good because of his position on the Flames bilking attempts.

Reckheim

I'm sure teams will be lining up to add a 10.5M goalie.

Nemeth for Price, one for one.

But I do agree with ImBask, you ain't blowing shit up with Price in net, he is going to steal games for you and that will cost you any legit high picks. He's gotta go if the Habs have any serious thoughts about a rebuild.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Freddy Gaudreau called up, Y.Weber placed on IR, Girard apparently not playing tonight which would mean that Josi is back.

Fun times ahead.

Oh yeah, and the apparent Bonino injury has Preds fans blabbering on about Duchene again. Ughhhhhh.

Silexx

my bad ill tell tsn to cover the Senators and their shrinking arena

I don't think the issue is the favouring coverage of one team's player over another, but rather that TSN is posting an article openly wondering whether Matthews is getting sufficient credit/recognition while at the same time providing wall-to-wall positive coverage and praise.

Solo

I don't think the issue is the favouring coverage of one team's player over another, but rather that TSN is posting an article openly wondering whether Matthews is getting sufficient credit/recognition while at the same time providing wall-to-wall positive coverage and praise.

TSN also currently is running a story postulating that goals should be worth 2 points, with, you guessed it, a picture of Matthews and McDavid.

The implication being that while they think McDavid will get more points than Matthews again, Matthews will score more goals again and therefore maybe Matthews is more deserving of the Art Ross.

Ondor

Banned
TSN also currently is running a story postulating that goals should be worth 2 points, with, you guessed it, a picture of Matthews and McDavid.

The implication being that while they think McDavid will get more points than Matthews again, Matthews will score more goals again and therefore maybe Matthews is more deserving of the Art Ross.
Holy fuck. TSN has reached self-parody at this point.

zroid

Banned
not that I think this is a good idea (or even care) but if point scoring values were going to be re-allocated, then they should make it goal = 3 pts; primary assist = 2 pts; secondary assist = 1 pt

that might actually somewhat approximate the true value of such things

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
not that I think this is a good idea (or even care) but if point scoring values were going to be re-allocated, then they should make it goal = 3 pts; primary assist = 2 pts; secondary assist = 1 pt

i was actually going to show this off just now but nhl stat system got borked all to hell

I just wanted to see what the outcome of such a system would look like

Connor McDavid 30-70-100
120-88-26
234 points

Sidney Crosby 44-45-89
132-56-17
205 points

Patrick Kane 34-55-89
102-72-19
193 points

Nikita Kucherov 40-45-85
120-56-17
193 points

Auston Matthews 40-29-69
120-40-9
169 points

Patrik Laine 36-28-64
108-26-15
149 points

Mitch Marner 19-42-61
57-48-18
123 points

Ryan Getzlaf 15-58-73
45-76-20
141 points

Filip Forsberg 31-27-58
93-34-10
137 points

Mikko Koivu 18-40-58
54-28-26
110 points

oof that 27 point gain between forsberg and koivu
(peeps chosen randomly)

Matthews goal = 4 points.

Goal against Lehtonen = half a point.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
just to show where wonkiness could occur with 3 point season now

Ovechkin 29 points (10 now)
Matthews 19 points (8 now)
Neal 18 points (6 now)
Kuznetsov 18 points (11 now)
Gaudreau 15 points (9 now)
PK Subban 11 points (7 now)
Gostisbehere 9 points (8 now)

zroid

Banned

Neal 18 points (6 now)

Wait, Gostisbehere has 8 points and 7 of them are 2nd assists? o_O

I guess that's not too unusual for Dmen...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Neal 18 points (6 now)

Zibanejad 15 points (5 now)

imBask