• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
mhmmmm dusty in here

little bit, yeah

dustin-brown-is-a-bitch.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
2014: All good decisions credited to Bergevin. All bad decisions credited to Therrien.

2016: Honeymoon is over. All bad decisions credited to Bergevin. All good decisions credited to fresh-faced Mike Keenan.
This one is definitely a Therrien move, Therrien coached Bouillon in junior, and on the Habs back when he was the old coach and has always had a hard on for the guy.

Stet

Banned
I'm pretty sure Alabama doesn't hate the Canucks, but that the people from Alberta who hate the Canucks couldn't figure out that AL didn't mean their province.

Fox318

I had a weird dream that the Rangers traded Lundqvist for Nikolaj Ehlers and I was the only person on the planet who thought it was a bad move.

Samyy

Oilers apparently... lolwow

Yea good for them, he has done a ton of work on the Oilers zone entries, play after faceoffs, player usage etc.

No wonder all his articles are now gone, I think they'll find his stuff useful.

Was hoping it was Toronto because he did a ton of articles on how poorly coached the Leafs were :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yea good for them, he has done a ton of work on the Oilers zone entries, play after faceoffs, player usage etc.

No wonder all his articles are now gone, I think they'll find his stuff useful.

Was hoping it was Toronto because he did a ton of articles on how poorly coached the Leafs were :p

Shhh that's the job i'm gunning for... but with actual useful metrics!

ShaneB

Old thread didn't even link to this one! Boo. Offseason is flying by. Football season starts very soon, and then not long after that it's Hockey again. Yippee!

NHL hate maps

I always thought Wyoming was full of douchebags.

:lol at west coast hating Kings, and yeah, nice to see the Bruins hate is everywhere.

Samyy

Old thread didn't even link to this one! Boo. Offseason is flying by. Football season starts very soon, and then not long after that it's Hockey again. Yippee!

I was thinking about following football to pass the time until hockey but I have no idea what team to follow...

ShaneB

I was thinking about following football to pass the time until hockey but I have no idea what team to follow...

Don't ask me, I tend to flip flop apparently and am never quite sure. ;) I'm good now though.
Go Chiefs!

But it certainly helps to focus on one team just for 16 games seasons. Much easier to keep up with everything. Maybe just check out some power rankings to see if you see an underdog team you like, or check out RedZone Channel throughout the season if you can, maybe something will click. Basically just start watching and see what happens.

Calamari41

41 > 38
What did he do to get banned?

It looks like he got banned for basically calling the guy pathetic who pathetically trawled through a year's worth of posts looking for ones that were negative about Guardians of the Galaxy. "Thread shitting" was most likely the reasoning. It rings true because I was once banned for saying I felt sorry for the idiot who posted a thread saying that Nintendo releasing Wind Waker HD digitally first was "an insulting bribe." These babies can't handle anybody speaking negatively towards them without running to a mod, cock in hand and bloody tears streaming down their faces. I think it was Amirox in my case.

If you want, you can join a fantasy football league, it helps to make you motivated to watch more games and teams.

I follow the Broncos normally. It pains me because Tabris is a fan and well, he's a fucking curse.

Samyy

If you want, you can join a fantasy football league, it helps to make you motivated to watch more games and teams.

I follow the Broncos normally. It pains me because Tabris is a fan and well, he's a fucking curse.

After flipping through some power rankings I think I'll give the Vikings a try.
I tried to do the fantasy thing with baseball but failed miserable, I I'll probably give it a go.

ShaneB

Well don't I look silly.

I tried to do the fantasy thing with baseball but failed miserable, I I'll probably give it a go.

The Vikings! Not a bad choice. You will have fun watching Adrian Peterson. Incredible stuff. QB situation is up in the air, wonder how Teddy will pan out. A shame they play in a dome though :p new stadium certainly looks slick though.

Socreges

Banned
If a new NHL fan did the same and picked one of the elite teams for that reason alone, would you not give them shit?

I had some friends put all the teams in a hat and I randomly picked one, which would be my team for life.

I picked the Jets.

Fate is a cruel mistress.

Samyy

If a new NHL fan did the same and picked one of the elite teams for that reason alone, would you not give them shit?

I had some friends put all the teams in a hat and I randomly picked one, which would be my team for life.

I picked the Jets.

Fate is a cruel mistress.

Right but the Vikings were 23rd, I just liked their logo and name.
I guess I could do a random number generater and pick the team corresponding to that number and their ranking or something.

ShaneB

I guess I could do a random number generater and pick the team corresponding to that number and their ranking or something.

Yes, my power rankings suggestion was mainly to see if you would want someone closer to the bottom. I think the Vikings are a respectable choice. I still just say to pay a bit more closer attention this season, watch what you can, and maybe a team choice will come more naturally.

Hit me up on steam sometime if you want to chat Football Samyy. I basically did it last season with Smiley asking me a whole bunch of questions. I'm no expert, but I like talking football!

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
The hate maps for NY and NJ are all messed up. The 3 tri-state area teams all hate each other, voted as such, and the the rival-less Sabres just picked the Bruins and won the vote.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Dear god no!

Trust me on this as I only know sports sadness. You're better off picking a few teams. Follow them then see which team interests you most.

But no don't pick the Vikings. Also don't pick the Browns or Jaguars.

zroid

Banned
Eh, not sure Vikings is the team to follow if you don't have geographic ties to them. They basically fired Chris Kluwe (their former punter) for being outspokenly pro-LGBT.

Samyy

Dear god no!

Trust me on this as I only know sports sadness. You're better off picking a few teams. Follow them then see which team interests you most.

But no don't pick the Vikings. Also don't pick the Browns or Jaguars.

Eh, not sure Vikings is the team to follow if you don't have geographic ties to them. They basically fired Chris Kluwe (their former punter) for being outspokenly pro-LGBT.

Hmmm...okay nevermined then.

Socreges

Banned
Hah. That's not what I expected from "flipping through power rankings". Carry on then.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER

No, they released him for being overpaid and crappy, happens constantly with punters. He's just trying to spin it that way to keep his face out there.

Jack Nicholson.gif

Should be a fun season. Could be an underdog wildcard team. Could be a disaster.

EDIT: Oh you're dropping them already because of the Kluwe shit? Big report already came out disproving the lot of it. Kluwe is just mad because he lost his job to a rookie. Dude needs to get over it.

zroid

Banned
No, they released him for being overpaid and crappy, happens constantly with punters. He's just trying to spin it that way to keep his face out there.

I guess we will never know for sure, but either way the stuff they apparently said to try and snuff out his voice is reprehensible all the same. I wouldn't support that team.

Top Bottom