• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2014 |OT2| - Dan Cleary

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man...this draft is going to be harder than I thought...going to definitely try to be there to pick personally cause the draft order they got set up is kinda whacked

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Draft will take forever with 16 people, I doubt I'll be able to stay for the entire thing if it's on a weekend night.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Draft will take forever with 16 people, I doubt I'll be able to stay for the entire thing if it's on a weekend night.

You can always just do the first few rounds and set up a couple hidden gem picks to be automated

Smiley90

Thought it would be more 'Canadian' to complain about Timmy's?

They do everything average to below average and they get most of their money from the sheer amount of coffees they sell since it costs pennies to make a whole pot.

Timmies has shitty coffee but decent and cheap donuts.

It's also a national treasure.

Acid08

Banned
In a manner of speaking, yes.

In case you weren't aware, Burger King would acquire Tim Horton and designate itself as a Canadian company to avoid paying US taxes. Even though all its operations would continue as is.
That slimeball shit has been happening with a lot of US corporations.

But yeah let's keep being mad about gay people getting married

I'm not sure I'd be around for the first round. Any chance we could push that 15-20 minutes back? I usually work until 10 EST and get home around 10:15-10:20

Quick

Banned

Those gays are forcing corporations to base their operations in Canada. Damn them!

Why can't they stick their penises in vaginas like us heterosexuals!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure I'd be around for the first round. Any chance we could push that 15-20 minutes back? I usually work until 10 EST and get home around 10:15-10:20

That's pretty late as is...

You can just set up your auto picks and just hope you get home in time. With 16 people, you're likely going to get your 2nd or 3rd pick anyways.

Even if you got 1st overall and had the first pick, it's pretty much a given everyone will pick Crosby...so the auto picker will pick him for you.

It's more the later rounds that get more interesting unless you're going really off the board for your 4th and 5th picks.

What are the downsides?

In what universe can Burger King actually improve anything (much less TH).

In a manner of speaking, yes.

In case you weren't aware, Burger King would acquire Tim Horton and designate itself as a Canadian company to avoid paying US taxes. Even though all its operations would continue as is.

Aren't Canadian taxes higher ?

We get bled dry here, although I don't know the corporate tax story I figure it's similar?

Cake Boss

Banned
In what universe can Burger King actually improve anything (much less TH).

Aren't Canadian taxes higher ?

We get bled dry here, although I don't know the corporate tax story I figure it's similar?

Nope!

Corporate tax is Emrica is 35%, BK is currently paying 28%. In Canada its 15%.

The reason for our deficit right there people.

All hail Queen Harper.

I had Tim Horton's once when in Vancouver, it's alright. I prefer Krispy Kreme and Dunkin.

Or actually there are a lot of mom and pop donut shops here along with the hand crafted fancy boutique donuts.

I forgot what we were talking about. But what's your favorite donut?

E-DuB

Also when should we have the draft? Currently its set for August 30th (this Saturday) but that is probably not going to work for everyone, pretty short notice.

Sunday nights seem to be good. Unless you spend your Sundays drinking at the bar and dreading to go back to work on Monday. Not like I KNOW anything about that....

Smiley90

I had Tim Horton's once when in Vancouver, it's alright. I prefer Krispy Kreme and Dunkin.

Or actually there are a lot of mom and pop donut shops here along with the hand crafted fancy boutique donuts.

I forgot what we were talking about. But what's your favorite donut?

The answer is always Boston Cream.

Marvie_3

Banned

Don't forget poor people! They money we dump into welfare/food stamps is just taking away money that these corporations could be stashing overseas!

Blues new jersey:

Oshie_Blue_BluesJerseys2206_slide.jpg

Petro_White_BluesJerseys2176_slide.jpg

Samyy

BigJonsson I don't think you ever sent me your email for the league?
Theres like 1 spot left but I'm not sure if I sent out that invite already....

Oooh yaaaa lookin' goood boys yaaaa lookin' goood. Timmys double double eh. Thaaaat's the shit.

I remember when I worked at Timmys for a week when I first moved to Vancouver.

God I fucking miss Canada.

FOOTE

Blues new jersey:

g]http://1.cdn.nhle.com/blues/images/upload/gallery/2014/08/Oshie_Blue_BluesJerseys2206_slide.jpg[/img]

g]http://1.cdn.nhle.com/blues/images/upload/gallery/2014/08/Petro_White_BluesJerseys2176_slide.jpg[/img]

I fucking LOVE it.

Today is the first day of classes, I just swapped out my first class of the day so I don't have to go for another two hours. Be Boulder™

I know that feel, bro. Started back last week.

You worked at Tim's?

Living the Canadian dream, eh!

First week I got there, I was desperate to get a job.

Seems I was a little *too* desperate.

One week later, I got a job as a server at Red Door on Upper Granville near West 15th (now Lukes).

I had sex with 3 of the other servers. It was gross and yucky because all girls have cooties.

Holiday

Banned
The dark blue is a downer, and the shorts look weird, but they look much better, especially the away. I like the socks the most.

Much better than their previous ones but that dark blue looks terrible. It's not as bad on the home jerseys but it looks awful on the aways. Ditch that and they'd be great.

Yeah I've seen mock ups removing the navy and it looks so much more classic.

The dark blue is a downer, and the shorts look weird, but they look much better, especially the away. I like the socks the most.

Socks look GREAT.

Top Bottom