• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This Iginla feature on That's Hockey has me all verklempt. 😢

TIL that's an actual word in English. I was confused as to why you'd randomly use a misspelled German word (verklemmt) but it's an actual word in the English useage.

Rucksack & Schadenfreude are the only ones that come to mind as anywhere near common usage.

PillarEN

Canucks need to go after Jagr

First I was going to yell at you and say "like he's going to want to pay Canadian taxes you goof!", But then I remembered that some Canucks lived on some American land that happens to be close enough to Vancouver so maybe he could handle things that way.

Syrinx

I'm getting concerned that Ron Francis is going to overreact to not getting anyone in the trade market and do something stupid like overpay for Hanzal.

Maybe Karmanos being a broke-ass chump will actually come in handy for once if he tries that.

Canucks need to go after Jagr

It'd probably go something like this:
Marm%20Messier.jpg

Socreges

Banned
First I was going to yell at you and say "like he's going to want to pay Canadian taxes you goof!", But then I remembered that some Canucks lived on some American land that happens to be close enough to Vancouver so maybe he could handle things that way.
Oh he won't want to come here. Too rainy during the season, taxes too high, our team sucks. Has only ever played for US teams. But yeah...give it a go, Benning

It'd probably go something like this:
Marm%20Messier.jpg
Nah. It would be a 1 or 2 year deal while we tank. Low cap hit, low expectations. Would just be cool to have him as a Canuck for a bit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh he won't want to come here. Too rainy during the season, taxes too high, our team sucks. Has only ever played for US teams. But yeah...give it a go, Benning

Nah. It would be a 1 or 2 year deal while we tank. Low cap hit, low expectations. Would just be cool to have him as a Canuck for a bit.

I'd totally buy a Jagr Canucks jersey. That'd be awesome.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I knew that we were getting rid of Ward or Lack either way. In a way: happy we're keeping Ward around. Guys been my fav since '06, but I'm also surprised we're not going with the (slightly) younger tandem of Darling/Lack.

Syrinx

I knew that we were getting rid of Ward or Lack either way. In a way: happy we're keeping Ward around. Guys been my fav since '06, but I'm also surprised we're not going with the (slightly) younger tandem of Darling/Lack.

Either way, it didn't really feel like Lack had a future here, so it's not that surprising.

Cake Boss

Banned
Jagr had 46 points last year, surprised he didn't receive at least 1 call.

Especially for a market thats desperate to sell season tickets like Ottawa, to bring in a living legend in to store up some excitement in a fanbase that feels complacent with the franchise.

Syrinx

Canes need to add $6 million in cap to get to the floor.

One guy I wouldn't be surprised if we swooped in and signed is Patrick Sharp. Francis loves him some former Blackhawks and he'd probably be a 3-year deal tops (at least in my head).

Canes need to add $6 million in cap to get to the floor.

One guy I wouldn't be surprised if we swooped in and signed is Patrick Sharp. Francis loves him some former Blackhawks and he'd probably be a 3-year deal tops (at least in my head).

6 million in cap?

Do you guys want Plekanec?

calder

I assume if Jagr hasn't received any calls it's largely because most teams know he has very specific requirements these days. I doubt there's more than 3 or 4 teams he would even consider and two of them are in Florida.

Just as likely he's partially joking imo, like if Chevy called him I doubt his agent would even pass along the message.

I assume if Jagr hasn't received any calls it's largely because most teams know he has very specific requirements these days. I doubt there's more than 3 or 4 teams he would even consider and two of them are in Florida.

Just as likely he's partially joking imo, like if Chevy called him I doubt his agent would even pass along the message.

Tallon has been talking with his agent for a while, plus he is still skating and training in Cats' practice facility. I'm pretty sure he is BSing before free agency.

PillarEN

Before you know it they will take to the ice with nothing but a sock on their cocks like the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Also, finally visiting the States again. Flying through Babcock's Toronto.
First time being inside Trump's America though.
Pang might not be a commentator for the Blues next year.

:(

Top Bottom