• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Calgary has bought our ryan murphy

Which then makes you ask... why the fuck did they do that trade yesterday???

Bouma and jussi jokinen also bought out

Cactus

Banned
Pominville is not a top 6 forward. Well maybe he is on Buffalo...

47 points last year while averaging around 14 minutes of icetime. 40 of those points at even strength. Those are pretty decent numbers.

He was certainly overpaid, but he's like 100x better than Tyler Ennis.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
W/buyout of Jimmy Hayes, Bruins officially have nothing to show for Tyler Seguin just 4 yrs after DAL trade happened. Absolutely wretched
If I wasn't at work I'd post my Kevin O'Leary wine gif

Quick

Banned
If I wasn't at work I'd post my Kevin O'Leary wine gif

Gotchu fam.

kevin_wine_by_fire.gif

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Johansen apparently asking for a long-term contract at 8.5M AAV.

Was expecting Nashville to lose ~12M on RyJo and Arvy but it might get even more expensive.

Solo

So it's July 30 and neither Radulov (expected) or Markov (fucking shocking) aren't signed. So basically we are likely losing both tomorrow for nothing? Man this team is gonna be such dogshit next year. Honestly, if he can't get Markov signed, that's pretty fucking embarrassing to let a 16 year Hab (10 games shy of 1000 in the CH) at the end of his career walk out he door.

Can't wait to see the wheeling and dealing BargainBin does between now and October to try to save his skin.

I dont like the Ennis trade. A couple buddies are ranting and raving about how good and skilled he is. Smh.

Dude cant keep up with the physicality of the Sabres conference without missing 30 games a season. How is he going to handle St Louis? Winnipeg? Dallas?

Bad trade.

Worst part is it just opens money for Granlund and Nino. No other moves are going to be made. The team that got destroyed in the first round after getting 100+ points in the regular season is largely constructed the same. The best player from the playoffs last year - Scandella - just left for a 4th liner and a consistently injured middle six small winger. They are still going to choke at the end and nothing will change.

Bad trade. Bad start to the off season.

calder

Jets buying out Stuart is such awesome, welcome news. Was sure they'd keep his useless, overpaid "established veteran leadership" ass for another wasted year. He made our awful PK noticeably worse.

Can someone with more hockey sense explain to me why the league is making Jagr feel sad on social media?

The last few seasons seemed like he'd be great to have in the locker room.

And I'm happy with that sabres trade.

calder

Can someone with more hockey sense explain to me why the league is making Jagr feel sad on social media?

The last few seasons seemed like he'd be great to have in the locker room.

And I'm happy with that sabres trade.

If he's not receiving any calls it's because he's already decided where he's going. He's just being self deprecating and jokey.

Also, I think he DOES think back to earlier in his career when 30 GMs would have a fist fight to be the first to throw a chequebook at him and compare it to now that he's 500 years old and it's just not the same lol.

Top Bottom